Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• Good point but Turkish top teams already increased limit to 4 foreigners by buying players passports ( caratasu, jack, Vargas).

So only one who losing here are middle and bottom teams.

You are such a sore loser🤦 if someone points out the fact that you guys naturalized Boskovic and mihajlovic, you would be the first one who loses his shit but you have the audacity to claim Eczacıbaşı bought Sinead although you know very well that she fell in love and married with a Turkish guy. That's too low even for your standards 🙄 although I am sure you know, but let me educate you about this topic once again:

Jack: married with a Turkish guy, received the passport via marriage, fair and square

Carutasu: came to Vakıfbank at the age 14, Vakıfbank academy invested in her, basically taught her volleyball and made her who she is now. She herself has chosen to be Turkish citizen after living in turkey for many years

Vargas: also played in turkey for 6 years, she was NOT bought by Fenerbahçe, she could easily transfer to THY or Kuzeyboru if she would get a better offer, just like other Turkish players could have, also just like Carutasu will play in GS next season

All 3 are potentially part of Turkish NT pool (probably jack would never play since there are better and younger Turkish players) so they don't steal a spot from other Turkish players. Vargas is already playing for Turkish nt and carutasu might play in the future. They would be stealing a spot from Turkish players if they weren't eligible to play for Turkish NT.

Don't come up again with same bullshit of 'but Boskovic and mihajlovic's situations are different' narrative. If you keep provoking on this topic, you know I could provoke the shit out of you all😎😂

• You are hopeless 😂

Naturalization hurt you so much, because you would not win anything without them so you now losing shit and don't see that naturalization and players with Turkish passports that play in league are separate things.

Players with Turkish passports are loophole in foreigner rule and richer club use it to take advantage over smaller ones.

You don't need to accept this, but this is only true.

And MeteA I don't care if 35yo Jack play for nilufer in future.

• I feel so sorry about you, since I never thought that, you have such a lack of understanding at this level. You don't even understand what is example or assumption and keep going on with "naturalization".

As you said, you should better not to care about Sinead, but not only that, you should better not to care about Turkish Volleybal League and NT, since both are at the very high level of your understanding.

• Yeah I can tell

Probably because there's no logic :roll:

• Yeah as if you could win anything without Boskovic and mihajlovic😂

Players with Turkish passports are not loophole because those players are not slave of their current club. What part of this is so hard to comprehend? Carutasu was vakif's player and next season will be in GS. Same can happen for Vargas and Jack🤦 richer clubs also get best locals like Zehra, Hande or Eda. But it doesn't mean they belong to their current clubs. Like thy got Kübra from vakıf before, another team can get Jack or Vargas as long as they have the money. And if they don't have money, they won't be able to afford other good locals neither

You don't need to accept this, but this is only true. Because I say so😌

• European Champions 2011:cup: :win: Brakocevic and Nikolic :drink: same trophy you couldn’t win without Cuban player, not that the cases are comparable at all but we know you are just here to troll.

He even stolen my crown :gone:

• Good point but Turkish top teams already increased limit to 4 foreigners by buying players passports ( caratasu, jack, Vargas).

So only one who losing here are middle and bottom teams.

Jack? Buying passports. How stupid are you 😂

Matthias nice for you to like-fish again on a subject you want to show your bias in as always, but this is the conversation starter and comparing cases like Vargas/Antropova to someone getting the citizenship by marrying their partner from the specific nation (even unrelated to volleyball) is less logical than enabling Serbia's foreign politics in Bosnia post-Srebrenica. I don't want to get too political, in my opinion if they want to belong to Serbia it's even their right, however when Turkey scouts someone from past Ottoman area, it's either buying players or naturalization (ie Meliha, she would've been considered "Turkish" at the time) but when Serbia does it it's different 😂 Some might be ethnic Serbians but all these cases remain naturalization on paper for a reason. Whether y'all wanna be delusional or not and that's that.

• Jack? Buying passports. How stupid are you 😂

Matthias nice for you to like-fish again on a subject you want to show your bias in as always, but this is the conversation starter and comparing cases like Vargas/Antropova to someone getting the citizenship by marrying their partner from the specific nation (even unrelated to volleyball) is less logical than enabling Serbia's foreign politics in Bosnia post-Srebrenica. I don't want to get too political, in my opinion if they want to belong to Serbia it's even their right, however when Turkey scouts someone from past Ottoman area, it's either buying players or naturalization (ie Meliha, she would've been considered "Turkish" at the time) but when Serbia does it it's different 😂 Some might be ethnic Serbians but all these cases remain naturalization on paper for a reason. Whether y'all wanna be delusional or not and that's that.

Are you really this stupid? What the f does Ottoman imperialistic past has to do with someon’s ethnic background???

This subject for the tenth time..

Tijana’s and Brankica’s cases are are identical to Neriman who is ethnic Turk but born in Bulgaria, and ofc if she wants to represent Turkey there is no problem with that.. Stop gaslighting people into believing that their case is in any way similar to Meliha, Alexia and Vargas who are NATURALIZED, NOT TURKISH, BOUGHT if you will… all for the sake of succeding in achieving trophies and not representing your country or your people..

volleySrb Obviously didn’t mean that Jack was naturalized for the sake of playing for Turkey (you can’t fit that many non-Turkish players at one time afterall) but for the sake of counting as local.. It doesn’t have anything to do with passport which she got when she married her hubsband but has to do with registering her self in Turkish federation. Now that allowed her to play as local and not her passport which has nothing to do with counting as local or not.

And yes, it does nothing for Turkish NT it just serves to go around some rules which are meant, as you say, to protect Turkish players… and the point of volleySrb comment was to give perspective of how it does exact opposite (hurts) for NT and only benefits clubs who register players as locals…

Matthias I hope this person finally gets some kind of warning for talking about sensitive subject such as war crimes and history of which she knows nothing about, it’s like 5th time and I strongly feel it’s more aimed at spreading hate then anything else at this point.

• Are you really this stupid? What the f does Ottoman imperialistic past has to do with someon’s ethnic background???

This subject for the tenth time..

Tijana’s and Brankica’s cases are are identical to Neriman who is ethnic Turk but born in Bulgaria, and ofc if she wants to represent Turkey there is no problem with that.. Stop gaslighting people into believing that their case is in any way similar to Meliha, Alexia and Vargas who are NATURALIZED, NOT TURKISH, BOUGHT if you will… all for the sake of succeding in achieving trophies and not representing your country or your people.

You still don't get it, it seems you are so brainwashed at home that simple concepts seem like some crazy idea to you. Learn the difference between ethnicity and nationality first, in sports we select people by nationality not race or ethnicity :white: (the fact I have to say this) Many national teams all over the world consist of players that are not part of the dominant ethnic group in a country, I have family representing Turkey for womens football and handball team for example yet we're not really Turkic/Turkish. Same things happens all around the world, Germany, France, Italy. Is Egonu less worthy of representing of Italy because she isn't Italian racially? I'm sorry for you the rest of the world has moved away from the concept of genetic purity, we go by nationality, any case considered naturalization by international volleybal regulations is naturalization. No one cares to see a DNA test. I didn't say Meliha is not naturalization, but I said it's the same case as Serbian naturalized players, and yes she would be considered Turkish in Ottoman times, but I am not living in this fantasy so I accept her as naturalized and her ethnic identity and her origin and her nationality and I invited you to accept the simple fact the same logic follows for people born outside of Serbia. I am not trying to be political or saying how they should feel culturally or ethnically, in fact self-determination is a human right imo, but there are such rules for a reason as I said. I don't know about Neriman's case and if it is considered naturalization, I think she came too early for it to be considered as such but if she was similar case as Meliha and Brankica, yes I would include her as well. Get over yourselves and your fascist ideas already.

• You still don't get it, it seems you are so brainwashed at home that simple concepts seem like some crazy idea to you. Learn the difference between ethnicity and nationality first, in sports we select people by nationality not race or ethnicity :white: (the fact I have to say this) Many national teams all over the world consist of players that are not part of the dominant ethnic group in a country, I have family representing Turkey for womens football and handball team for example yet we're not really Turkic/Turkish. Same things happens all around the world, Germany, France, Italy. Is Egonu less worthy of representing of Italy because she isn't Italian racially? I'm sorry for you the rest of the world has moved away from the concept of genetic purity, we go by nationality, any case considered naturalization by international volleybal regulations is naturalization. No one cares to see a DNA test. I didn't say Meliha is not naturalization, but I said it's the same case as Serbian naturalized players, and yes she would be considered Turkish in Ottoman times, but I am not living in this fantasy so I accept her as naturalized and her ethnic identity and her origin and her nationality and I invited you to accept the simple fact the same logic follows for people born outside of Serbia. I am not trying to be political or saying how they should feel culturally or ethnically, in fact self-determination is a human right imo, but there are such rules for a reason as I said. I don't know about Neriman's case and if it is considered naturalization, I think she came too early for it to be considered as such but if she was similar case as Meliha and Brankica, yes I would include her as well. Get over yourselves and your fascist ideas already.

It’s not the problem of ethnicity/nationality but you trying to gaslight people into believing “Serbia did it with Boskovic so we do it with Vargas” eventhough cases are not similar at all, I even gave you an example of what would be similar case but I guess you wanted to instead write a full paragraph of saying nothing at all at the end..
    Not to mention your petty attempt to bring history and war into this just for the sake of provoking poeple which is sick, but you mask it at the end under the vail of “I am super open liberal” so it sounds more pretty then simple facts.

I don’t even care about discusing the naturalization topic as we are all so over it, I just commented on your disgusting attempts for 5th time to bring history and war into volleyball subject. Sick.

• I'm sorry for you the rest of the world has moved away from the concept of genetic purity, we go by nationality, any case considered naturalization by international volleybal regulations is naturalization. No one cares to see a DNA test.

This:flower:.Many users still do not grasp the role that the concept of purity played in several tragedies last century. I find it hard to believe that discussions about ethnicity and race still persist into the 21st century, especially when they are often encouraged by a moderator on this forum. It was Vargas’ decision to play for the country where she has lived for the past six years. Why does it matter so much to some users here?