Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• I hope Meliha will start over Larson next year, imho she is playing better then her atm...

I don't think that will happen and if it does I expect Beyza will be left on the bench.

• I think the most expensive players earn around 250-300k euro in Italy. I've read somewhere that Haak earned around 100-150 k euro in Scandicci, but there's nothing official,just rumors...

Huh. That's why Turkish clubs are paradise for players :whistle: even their local players in top clubs gets much more money

• KYK in Eczacı 8o

poor Fener! now how do you think they will react ? they might need a core player

with this transfer, either Gibbi will be on the bench or Larson..Having Gamze and Meliha may enable Gibbi to play more than Adams

Gamze-Tijana
    KYK - Larson/Meliha
    Gibbi - Beyza/büşra
    Simge

Vakıf will have to do more to beat Eczacıbaşı anymore

• If compare Turkey with Russia I think volleyball is more popular in Turkey than in Russia. Even our sport channels barely broadcast our games. Tanya Gratcheva said that it was really sad our channels didn't want to broadcast volleyball games :whistling:

• Remember when Natalia posted her goodbye message and Kim replied saying " Please don`t go"....By that time Kim had already made her decision or she made her decision after that when Natalia/Rahimova officially left and they signed Bricio/Vargas...and I bet Kim picked Vitra because she knows they will have a better change in beating Vakifbank.......but with Bricio/Vargas that would be a big ????????... but with Natalia/Rahimova who knows... maybe she would have picked Fenerbache....

And I knew she would not pick Vakifibank ( for obviously reasons)......

If Meliha stays she won`t see the color of court for the next 8 months ( once she season starts)....and Guidetti said he would only invite players that are actually playing....I bet Hande will stay as well...even more now that she has a change in winning every tittle next season ( by watching everything from the bench as well..)

• Regarding the whole Meliha/Hande topic: I don't think they'll be on the bench all season. In fact, they'll probably have plenty of opportunities to play in TL, perhaps just not against the other big 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see Meliha subbing in for both KYK and/or Larson throughout the season.

• How many bad games Larson has had in the past 2 seasons?? A lottt... And how many times did she get replaced?? 000000.....Why would that change now??

Meliha and Hande would get replaced after 2 or 3 mistakes either in reception or attack and the same for Onal... Larson had a bunch of games where her hitting percentage was 20%-30% and with shaky reception but she never left the court.

Regarding the whole Meliha/Hande topic: I don't think they'll be on the bench all season. In fact, they'll probably have plenty of opportunities to play in TL, perhaps just not against the other big 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see Meliha subbing in for both KYK and/or Larson throughout the season.

• Meliha will probably still play some, but will have less role than this year. Hande should find a new club, she will probably stay on the bench a lot, just like this year or maybe she will be used more as a backup OPP. I do expect they rest KYK and Larson a little more in TL this coming year.

Regarding the whole Meliha/Hande topic: I don't think they'll be on the bench all season. In fact, they'll probably have plenty of opportunities to play in TL, perhaps just not against the other big 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see Meliha subbing in for both KYK and/or Larson throughout the season.

• with this transfer move Eczacıbaşı has been main contender in both CL and TL..others are Vakıfbank and Imoco

lets wait and see if Fener will take another step or not..
    Novara and Scandicci are the other good teams in CL

its a pity that the race will be again amongst these clubs in CL..i dont expect much from Russian clubs again

lets take a close look at the teams :

Eczacıbaşı :
    we know Gamze likes fast volley but is this squad designed to play fast volley? not sure.maybe Gamze can play fast with KYK-Larson-Meliha ?
    in the end, we know balls will go to Tijana-KYK duo then Larson

Vakıfbank :

lets see how they will play without Gözde and Naz.its clear that Kelsey's main task will be passing and back-court defence.Balls go to Ting and Lonneke.i guess Kelsey wont get as many balls as Gözde got.Vakıf has good MBs : Raşiç,Kübra and Zehra.If Cansu can establish a good connection with them then this migh take some of the burden off Ting and Lonneke's shoulders.

Imoco :
    they will play the volley they know.i wonder how Easy will adapt to the team after Bricio and how her connection with Wolosz will be

Fener :
    im not sure if the roster of them has been completed yet after KYK has signed with Eczacı.its early to comment on

Novara :
    They have good MBs and lo Bianco can set to them but still balls will go mainly to Egonu ,Plak Bartsch trio.

Scandicci :
    This team also has good Mbs but balls will go mainly to Haak adn Vasileva duo.i think Novara's offensive options better than Scandicci.Haak's performance will decide how far they can go.Novara can go farther than them

• @Canter...I don`t think Scandicci will depend sole on Haak... Adenizia and Stevanovic can both score a lot.... they won`t score simply if Malinov does not set them. Not to mention Vasileva can easily be the best score of her team on any giving day.

And I don`t think we see Plak/Bartsh on the court together.. this would be a disaster.....either Nizetich or Picinini will be starting.

I think Chemik will be stronger next season... Mirkovic is playing really well and so in Smarzek ( they said she won`t leave Chemik) and Busa has improved so much ....If they can find a good replacement for Veljkovic I think Chemik can go head to head with the Italians and Turkish.

I can`t wait to watch Moscow next season to see what Maja can do....

And who knows maybe Ana/Eda/Bricio and mostly Vargas will surprise us.

Let`s just hope next season that any of the Italian teams won`t be hosting the Final 4...because if they do they will make sure 2 Turkish teams face each other in the Final 6 and then again in the semis.... Which means we won`t see Kim vs Zhu in the Final...

• pope

all the teams i mentioned above have good Mbs not only Scandicci..in the end we know balls go to Wing spikers not to Mbs.
    If Plak-Bartsch duo dont play together then this can limit Novara's offence.would be mainly Egonu-Bartsch or Egonu-Plak

i dont think Chemik can resist those teams with that roster :wavy: a good surprise would be very nice but i truly dont expect it to happen

• Scandicci have a really exciting team, I think they can be the best Italian team next season.

Agree about Plak/Bartsch.

I don't think Chemik are good enough. They have a solid team, but not enough to challenge the top teams IMO.

Obviously I love Ognjenovic and think she's the best but I don't know what she can really do with this team in the CL unless they hire another big name foreigner. They only have one reliable scorer right now and that can't compete with the Turkish and Italian teams.

Kazan are another team to watch. If they really offered 2 million for Zhu then they must have a lot of money and surely will make some big signings.

• which big names left to sign?
    im asking about it bcz Fener should also sign :D

i dont believe Scandicci can be the best in Italian league next season.imho,Novara is better than them.Novara's OHs but Scandicci's Mbs are better and Imoco seems to keep being the best of them

• which big names left to sign?
    im asking about it bcz Fener should also sign :D

i dont believe Scandicci can be the best in Italian league next season.imho,Novara is better than them and Imoco seems to keep being the best of them

There's not really many. I guess Rahimova is still available. De La Cruz as well can still be a useful player but she's not the player she was a few years ago. I think Mammadova was meant to be leaving Kazan. These players aren't really good enough to beat teams like Vakifbank and Eczacibasi. Castillo maybe if she wants to play this season. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting :wacko:

• I honestly think Femer will play with

Vargas-Ana
    Bricio-Fatma
    Eda-Dicle/Bahar
    Melis Yilmaz/Merve Dalbeler

Imo everything depends on how good Vargas really is, Fatma is a good receiver and has also amazing defensive skills. Bricio is good. MBs are good. Maybe they can add one more player.