Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• You guys are really funny. I think all moderator can not sleep here in order to block all his accounts 24hour/7day. :cheesy:

That's why I recently reacted rather inappropriately to harboboy's call for a moderator in the chaos, which I hereby want to apologise for. But it's certainly no fun being moderator/admin here these days...

• I feel bad for the mods, this forum shouldn't have those kinds of lame problems, we're all here for volleyball in the end.

What can I say? At least we know even in this forum easily most Chinese/Zhu fans can take critique and are not like the troll above. Thanks for being awesome @Leo and most others here :heart: I think I had many disagreements with Leo as well before but never any problems. I guess only trolls can turn nothing into something.

Zhu Ting will let her volleyball talk, she doesn't need fake troll fans :box:

• In future I'm just going to do my best to ignore possible trolls. Engage them maybe once to see if they are actually reasonable, but if not then I'll just ignore them even if provoked. It's boring for me and everyone else.

And yeah :thumbup: to users like Leo and arrekusu who I may not always agree with, but are perfectly decent users.

• That's why I recently reacted rather inappropriately to harboboy's call for a moderator in the chaos, which I hereby want to apologise for. But it's certainly no fun being moderator/admin here these days...

Thank you for your apology. I know that this is not easy but I just wanted the attention of Mods in the Transfer Discussion thread where the discussion is more about other things than transfers. A few posts is okay but its been pages now. But nice that there is a trash thread where you can discuss anything!

Just a note for the users: your comments are not related to the topic it is only about toping the argument of the other user and keeping the opinion which you have. It is more personal and defending favorite players. Thanks :wavy:

• New user called TRUTH_SEEKER :S

Banned.

I would like to ask everyone not to react in any way to suspicious posts by whatever new account that maniac will create while I'm offline and can't ban him right away. As soon as I get here I'll check things and delete/ban/... what is necessary. But it sure annoys the hell outta me.

• Banned.

I would like to ask everyone not to react in any way to suspicious posts by whatever new account that maniac will create while I'm offline and can't ban him right away. As soon as I get here I'll check things and delete/ban/... what is necessary. But it sure annoys the hell outta me.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

• You guys all go to bed right when it's prime time for me. Not fair.

Personally, I have no idea who is a Zhu hater and who is a Zhu lover because I don't care. And it's so easy to scroll past posts I don't care about.

Seems unreasonable to expect users, especially new users, to know what is appropriate to discuss, and what isn't, in a thread called "Transfer Rumors & Discussion".

Seasoned professional forum board nerds know. They have a history and a set of expectations. That deserves some respect.

Honestly good intentions notwithstanding, when this thread started what it said to me was "Your discussions belong in the Trash. They're garbage." Call it an off-topic ban--it felt like a Zhu Ting Ban.

Zhu Ting is a major worldwide phenomenon. No turning back the clock on that. She's going to generate a lot of impassioned lovers and haters. I'm all for that. I'd like to welcome it. And with that in mind I created the Zhu Ting Appreciation Thread. Call me naive, but I think it's a friendlier approach to the issue.

I know, I know: some people don't want to just express their love or hate. They want to do it in the face of someone who disagrees with them. Human nature is a broad spectrum. But if even a small percentage take it up, it might help.

I don't know what kind of admin console the MODs have to work with here, but if moving posts that would be better served into the Zhu Ting Appreciation Thread is possible and not time-consuming, it seems friendlier than moving them to the Trash. If people affected by such a move start calling the MODs unflattering names, move those posts to the trash.

This was one of my long-winded posts.

• Honestly good intentions notwithstanding, when this thread started what it said to me was "Your discussions belong in the Trash. They're garbage." Call it an off-topic ban--it felt like a Zhu Ting Ban.

I get your point, but I assume this is just a "funny" name for an off-topic thread; it doesn't necessarily mean that messages here will be considered trash.

I personally like this one because discussions in the rumours thread tend to wave into way too convoluted conversation - sometimes you have pages and pages of people discussing things that really have nothing to do with transfers and rumours whatsoever, which can get a little bit tiresome. So it makes things a bit clearer.

• I didn't mean to offend anyone, and this thread is not meant specifically for Zhu topics at all. I just called it this since many ppl started talking way off-topic in a transfers thread f.e. and it just became annoying at some point. I called it 'Trash" as most of these discussions were unnecessary anyway like Zhu vs KYK or Turkish league vs Italian league (esp. On a Transfers thread) on which there is no middle point and it just becomes endless discussions. If people think this is offensive I could change the name of it etc. I was also just being a little sarcastic with it. Mostly really.

It is btw Transfer rumours & discussions. Which means also Transfer discussions and not other random discussions. It is in the name itself.

saishuu explained me even better then myself :thumbsup:

• I didn't mean to offend anyone

I don't think you did, and I hope I didn't offend you with my post. I've never posted in the Transfers thread so I'm not in harm's way :D

Most likely, when the VNL is underway, and clubs have their rosters in order and rumor world dies down, a lot of this may go away. But I don't think Zhu is going away. I'm just trying to help, too.

I don't know if you drink, beri my friend, but :drink:

• Most likely, when the VNL is underway, and clubs have their rosters in order and rumor world dies down, a lot of this may go away. But I don't think Zhu is going away. I'm just trying to help, too.

Yeah, every year is the same to some extent. Once the transfers and rumours die out, we tend to focus on the topics for tournaments.
    By the way, I'm not sure why this whole Zhu thing began just now. She's been a huge presence in volleyball for years now and even when China won gold in Rio discussions weren't like this. I tend to skip most of these discussions because it always ends up on being the same thing over and over again, but I genuinely don't think anyone here "hates" (which in itself is already quite a strong word) Zhu. She might not be the favorite for some, which is completely understandable, but her talent and skills are undeniable to (I assume at least) everyone here.

• Simply ignore, people.

Just act as the better person.

It's the only way to resist people like that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think of this thread as somewhere I can just dump any volleyball thought I might have that wouldn't fit in another thread and isn't worth starting it's own thread about.

It's nothing important, just a place to discuss random stuff basically.