You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

LLOYD

Intermediate

• "LLOYD" started this thread

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:34pm

Volleyball players' height

Let's talk about volleyball players' height

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LLOYD" (May 11th 2018, 10:00pm)

LLOYD

Intermediate

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:38pm

I'd like to know some players real height :whistle:
Some sites write Samanta Fabris about 188cm and others are about 190cm :what: which is the correct :S

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:48pm

I don't think there's much difference between 6'0" to 6'3", but higher than that and it becomes very obvious especially during the game when most players can't reach their highest peak to hit or block the ball.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:51pm

I don't think there's much difference between 6'0" to 6'3"

What? It's almost a 8cm difference...this is a lot...

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:55pm

Well I did say 6'0" to 6'3". Some other girls at that range have longer wingspan than some other girls that nullifies the lack of height. Some even have shorter necks too but longer arms and legs.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

LLOYD

Intermediate

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:56pm

Also Brazilian Gabi is not 176 on my mind and some sites write she is about 181cm and other 176cm :whistle:

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:58pm

Well I did say 6'0" to 6'3". Some other girls at that range have longer wingspan than some other girls that nullifies the lack of height. Some even have shorter necks too but longer arms and legs.

This is 1.82m to 1.90m. I don't know about the other countries, but I'm pretty sure all Brazilian girls would love to be 8cm higher. Wow, if only Gabi was that high :obey:

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Murilo, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Garay, Fabi, Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Mihajlovic, Kosheleva, Gözde

Friday, May 11th 2018, 9:58pm

Also Brazilian Gabi is not 176 on my mind and some sites write she is about 181cm and other 176cm :whistle:
Gabi is 1,80m afaik. Gabiru on the other hand is either 1,73m or 1,75m, I'm not sure. :D
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

LLOYD

Intermediate

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:03pm

According to some sites Goncharova is also considered as 196cm but I think her real height is about 193-194cm :whistle: she is surely not the same height with Koroleva

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:04pm

Meryem Boz is 190cm according to TVF
194cm according to FIVB and CEV

:D I have no clue whats real.

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:05pm

A good way to compare players height is when they take the team photo in front of the net.

I don`t want to upload this photo here..but in this link you can see the Serbian team photo.

Busa is 1.87 and she`s standing next to Blagojevic 1.81? and you can see the difference.

Boskovic and Malagurski both 1.93 standing next to Bjelica and Veljekovic both 1.90... u can tell there`s a little difference there..

http://odbojka-volleyball.com/liga-nacij…-bez-selektora/

LLOYD

Intermediate

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:12pm

I guess her height is about 192cm like Seda but not 194cm maybe 190cm :whistle:

Spyro

Trainee

Favourite Team: Italy NT

Favourite Players: Sokolova,Zhu,Kim,Gioli,Del Core

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:13pm

Egonu is 189 cm according to legavolley and 193 according to FIVB

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:16pm

I think people convert 6'0" to 183 cm then add 2 cm for 6'1" and 3 cm for 6'2" then 2cm for 190cm lol. That's how I do it without google. :gone:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:18pm

Some measure with shoes, some without. Some measure in the morning, some in the evening. That explains the differences...at least those of 3-4cm

LLOYD

Intermediate

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:18pm

Do you guys think Enright can be 182cm ?(

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/Playe…ID=63795&ID=882

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:19pm

I have the same feeling, actually I remember when she played in FB she looked taller then Seda. Maybe she has shrunken over years lol it might seem crazy but it is not actually: weight lifting and bad posture can cost you some cms. Maybe thats why so many players have different numbers everywhere :D

Although Matthias explanation makes sense as well

LLOYD

Intermediate

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:22pm

I have the same feeling, actually I remember when she played in FB she looked taller then Seda. Maybe she has shrunken over years lol it might seem crazy but it is not actually: weight lifting and bad posture can cost you some cms. Maybe thats why so many players have different numbers everywhere :D

Mari is about 190cm and Meryem is almost the same height with her

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&c…awb6BqZkuQqPbM:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:27pm

Mari is about 190cm and Meryem is almost the same height with her

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&c…awb6BqZkuQqPbM:

Thanks :thumbup: from this looking at their shoulders (As Meryem stands behind her Mari must be looking a little bigger on photo) the difference seems to be 1-2 cm. I think your original guess seems right

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Friday, May 11th 2018, 10:40pm

According to some sites Goncharova is also considered as 196cm but I think her real height is about 193-194cm :whistle: she is surely not the same height with Koroleva
Goncharova height always listed as 194 in FIVB sites, but noticed in CEV she is 196cm. Koreleva is at that height 196, so not much difference between her and Koreleva especially if they stand next to each other.

Zhu TIng I rememeber when she started was at 195cm, and she is now 198cm but Boskovic same 193cm so she did not grow taller since she was 17? :what:

Social bookmarks