Zhu Ting Appreciation Thread

• Time: Apr.4, 2010
    Title: The head coach of Chinese U20 NT (Xu Jian-de) takes on a special task of looking for "Zhou Su-hong" and finding new talents

http://news.163.com/10/0404/09/63DSUMRK000146BD.html

The most important part:
    徐建德:“找到一个人选,是河南的,小孩身高超过1米9,1994年出生的,身体条件和动作都比较好。”
    Xu Jian-de said, "(I) find a person, from Henan (Province), over 1.9 metres high, born in 1994. Her physical fitness and action are so good."

In fact, until now, Chinese women's NT is still looking for the best OP.
    Zhu Ting becomes the second "Lang Ping" instead of the second "Zhou Su-hong" - in 2013, it is true. Of course, now, Zhu Ting is just herself instead of any famous other female volleyballers.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Zhu's facial expressions are far more animated than her Chinese teammates and she's really good at spiking. She should play in the USA next season. I know they don't have a league, but if Zhu played there they'd figure something out.

• I love Zhu, she seems like the sweetest. And obviously a beast on court.
    There's one thing that worries me about her though: she keeps playing even when she seems to be injured. It happened last year in the GP and this year in the CL F4. Sure she makes the difference for any team she's on and coaches must have her on court whenever possible, but I wonder if that's not gonna take a toll on her health eventually.

• I would marry Zhu if I like women. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• nice ! a star is searched out by

• There's one thing that worries me about her though: she keeps playing even when she seems to be injured. It happened last year in the GP and this year in the CL F4. Sure she makes the difference for any team she's on and coaches must have her on court whenever possible, but I wonder if that's not gonna take a toll on her health eventually.

You definitely have a valid point, which is why I think there is a good chance she might move back to China after next season and be ready for 2020 Olympics. EU volleyball season is too long and for teams like Vakifbank and Chinese NT, you play deeply into almost every tournament you participate.

Good thing is both Coach Lang Ping and Guidetti are aware of it and seem to have a long-term plan for Zhu. As I said in the other thread, Zhu only played a total of 50 sets in VVSL regular season this year as compared to 74 for Boskovic. But still, if you count championship league, Turkish cup, it's still a long long season.

By the way, I don't expect Zhu to play much if any in Volleyball national league until maybe the final round.

• sorry for my ignorance but was Lang Ping a worldwide player like Ting Zhu as playing volleyball ? second question was Lang Ping more talented than Ting or not ?

Lang Ping is a household name in China. Was China's first world championship team that won 5 straight titles in the 80s. Her nickname is the Iron Hammer for her powerful spikes. She is the only player to win all 3 MVPs in the 3 world titles. Also only player to win a gold at Olympics as a player and a coach. She only needs the World Championship to complete her grand slam as a player and as a coach. Also coached Modena to a CEV title. Too many accomplishments yet not talked about much because of time. Zhu Ting is her true successor so it is hard to compare different eras. Zhu can exceed her because of club titles.

• I love Zhu, she seems like the sweetest. And obviously a beast on court.

One of my favorite matches in the world that doesn't involve a Japanese team is the 2015.09.05 World Cup (f3) CHN v RUS. Crushing blows and monster blocks. The image above is right after Zhu denied Koshe. China got off to an 11-3 lead in the first set and Russia looked stunned but they came back to tie it at 23 before China took the set. This match seemed like some kind of turning point, where the world became Zhu's and China surpassed Russia in everything that matters.

There is a version out there somewhere with Clayton Lucas commentary but I can't find it right now. If you haven't seen this match, or haven't seen it in a while, give it a look.

• Lang Ping is a household name in China. Was China's first world championship team that won 5 straight titles in the 80s. Her nickname is the Iron Hammer for her powerful spikes. She is the only player to win all 3 MVPs in the 3 world titles. Also only player to win a gold at Olympics as a player and a coach. She only needs the World Championship to complete her grand slam as a player and as a coach. Also coached Modena to a CEV title. Too many accomplishments yet not talked about much because of time. Zhu Ting is her true successor so it is hard to compare different eras. Zhu can exceed her because of club titles.

i wonder if the opponents of China were that strong during Lang Ping's era ?
    i'll have to watch some Lang Ping vids..
    btw ..i knew Lang Ping was a very good/succesful player i just wondered if she was as phenomenal as Ting is

• i wonder if the opponents of China were that strong during Lang Ping's era ?
    i'll have to watch some Lang Ping vids..
    btw ..i knew Lang Ping was a very good/succesful player i just wondered if she was as phenomenal as Ting is

Different eras so it is hard to compare since sports science has evolved tremendously overtime. If Lang Ping were born today, she will definitely be different from back in the 80s. Her career ended shortly due to injuries and health problems. Zhu is fortunate to have Lang Ping as her coach at the right time. Too many Chinese athletes' careers ended short because of rigorous training and over playing ex. Yao Ming, Liu Xiang, Li Na.