Favorite Match(es) of All Time

• I have three favorite games.

Brazil - Russia (OG 2012 quarterfinal)
    There's no need to even explain why this is the best game I've ever watched.

Brazil - Yugoslavia (WL 2003 final)
    Legendary 31-29 tie-break.

Brazil - Italy (OG 2012, semifinal)
    I find this game incredibly underrated. Brazil simply destroyed Italy after Italy had done the same to the USA. It was really striking to me and it was quite possibly one of the best performances of Brazil ever.

Also about embedding videos, use this format (without the *):[youtube*]link[/youtube*]

• Female.

2002 WCH - Semis - Italy vs China
    2004 OG - Final - China vs Russia
    2007 WC - - Italy vs Brazil
    2010 WCH - Semis - Brazil vs Japan
    2012 OG - Quaterfinals - Brazil vs Russia
    2016 OG - Final - China vs Serbia

2004 OG - Semis - Russia vs Brazil.

• I tried to start something like this over in the Trash Can, so I'll just copy my post here:

As a fan of Japan, the 2012 OG QF game against China is pretty special, but I didn't really enjoy that China team. The match had great suspense though.

The match that puts a real breeze up my skirt is the 2013 World Grand Champions Cup - Japan against Russia (of which I would kill for a crisp HD video):

It's not Russia's strongest lineup but they were good enough and big enough and strong enough to give Japan the opportunity to show their stuff: Defense

Highlights:

• Saori Sakoda: For me, the most beautiful backcourt attack in volleyball. And she plays Middle Blocker for half the game. WTF. She had 3 kill blocks and 14 rebounds. 14/31 in Attack.
    • Akari Oumi: My Hero. Comes in at 23-20 in the first set and serves two aces to close it out.
    • Arisa Sato: Not a very good game for her overall but at one point she sends a two-handed set over the net for a point. On purpose. I've seen her do this more than once. How many liberos have the courage and skill to do that? (I honestly don't know. I've just never seen another libero do it)--[Update] I did just see another libero do this recently, can't remember who, though.
    • Serving: Otake and Saori Kimura each had four aces.
    • Hitomi Nakamichi (S): Geezus Christ. Her defense in this game is a work of art :obey: More digs than Arisa. Zero faults in Digs or Setting. I actually prefer Miyashita as a Setter but Nakamichi's performance in this match is off the charts. And when you see either of those two setters you can see clearly what Japan is missing these days. When they line up for the MVP award after the game is over the camera focuses on Hitomi and Clayton Lucas says "Nakamichi's gotta be a contender", and then they give it to Yuki Ishii because she was high scorer ;(
    • Risa Shinnabe: Reception Goddess. Jump Server! :thumbsup:
    • Yuki Ishii: Ninja.
    • Saori Kimura: Sweetheart of the sweethearts :heart: Braided ponytail, impeccably coifed.

I like a Japan v Russia games because they are so lopsided in terms of skill sets. Giant Russians (but they had a good libero too at some points) pounding the Japanese and the ball just keeps coming back.

Genius of the Sky I also love Japan v Thailand. I have both their 2015 WGP matches. Here's a link to them at the same 2013 World Grand Champions Cup. Crisper Video than the Russia match and it's got Clayton Lucas commentary as well.

• Brazil - Russia (OG 2012 quarterfinal)
    There's no need to even explain why this is the best game I've ever watched.

So, I just watched that. My my. Living through that in real time must have been fun, and heart attack inducing for a Brazilian fan. That call against Brazil at 11-9 in the 5th set was crazy. Then a few minutes later Russia has match point. Ouch. Fe Garay's final two serves were brilliant! :serve:
    Really like that Brazilian libero.

• I remember 2005 European Championship semi-final Russia against Poland and Poland won 2 sets and 3rd set was 19-24 for Poland and the same senario like we did against Brazil but unfortunately Poland won tie-break and they were finalist.

It was 24:21 :) and it's not rare scenario to win at least the set from such score. 24:19 is a bit different situation, espeiaclly in OG semifinal.

I found in my head another match with similar scenario. It was in 2008 during men's olympic qualification torunament. Match between Japan and Italy, Japan was leading 2:1 and 24:17 in 4th set. Italians tied somehow and finally won the set and 5th set easily 15:7. What is the most intereting, it they would lose, they would not go to the olympics because Japan would be the world's best team and South Korea the best Asian team.

• there is a lot of matches from the 90´s uploaded on youtube, very good game is the final from WGP 97 Russia-Cuba, Cuba is playing whole match with 1 setter (Aguero) and Torres is Opp...I really enjoy watching these matches from 90´s, for me the level of volleyball is better than nowadays (I know many will not agree with me)

dont forget the 3rd set from semifinal ECH 2003 Russia Turkey, Russia was winning 24:20 or 21 I think and lost with unbelievable unforced errors, I never saw that lot of luck in few points like there (Turkey defending the ball with head and then with shoulder and so on)

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pToIufpp1lY

OG 2008, group match CHN - CUB... CUB loosing 0:2 and 12:15 but managed to win once Santos entered the court with her amazing serves... also Sanchez killed two absolutely crucial balls... the game was very intense and spectacular, reactions of the Chinese audience made it look even more dramatic probably

• I found in my head another match with similar scenario. It was in 2008 during men's olympic qualification torunament. Match between Japan and Italy, Japan was leading 2:1 and 24:17 in 4th set. Italians tied somehow and finally won the set and 5th set easily 15:7. What is the most intereting, it they would lose, they would not go to the olympics because Japan would be the world's best team and South Korea the best Asian team.

Here it is :)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=CepINjCYwW0