“The basic rule of progress is change”.

• The full article can be read here:
    http://www.fivb.org/en/Infomed…B.asp?No=15524&Language=0

Some "highlights".

One of the most important comments in the last weeks was the press release where the FIVB announced the limitation of foreign players on the court in clubs competitions. “We will forward this proposal to our next Board of Administration in March but I would like to stress that our first goal is to protect the young players’ right to play which is the key point: we need to promote local players, who will represent their country in our sport, to reach the court earlier in their career and not to be blocked by players affiliated to other Federations. National identity is reinforced through sports, and the last decision by the European Community in Porto seems to go in our same direction. We don’t want to stop the world’s top players to play in the best Leagues, but we will propose to the Board of Administration to have in each team a maximum of three players affiliated to another National federation, and a maximum of two on the court. In this way, younger players will have more opportunities to play at top level in their own countries side by side with the best players from any country.”

Yeah, all we NEED is a new ball! :roll: The only thing that needs to change is his - Acosta - dirty politics and obscure and arbitrary "decisions".
    Such an irony to hear from the mouth of this dirty ***** that change is the basic rule of progress. So, how about we start by changing the place the most important tournaments are held? How about Wild Cards start to be given to the teams who actually DESERVE IT, for a change?
    How about he stops filling his own pocket by sucking up to Japan, just for a change?
    How about "Mr." Acosta leaves the presidency of FIVB, considering how long he has been there, you know, just for a change.
    How about he starts following his own advice and let be a renewal in the ranks of the stinky FIVB and their corrupt burecrauts, for the sake of changing!
    Then, maybe, we can talk about some "progress" in the sport.

• I fully agree with you.

I don't really understand where this bullshit "protection of young players" comes from.

But this year the best championship and club competitions of the worlds will have to stop during 5 months because of multiple and absurd OG qualifying tournament (and the annual World L€agu€ which is as eveybody knows it, without any real sporting interest) .

So this will lead every players in each country (including the young who need to play so much at a high level to develop theirs skills) to stop playing during this time, only to have a dozen of international players preparing and then playing the FIVB competitions at their best.

You want more young players in european teams ? Then, give us a rest with the WL thing one year out of two, stop having one continental championship every 2 two years, have them played one year before OG and get the OG tickets to the best teams at this time. Then drop this dumb World Cup (with absolutely no use out of giving 3 OG tickets).

That will let national championship to have time enough to extend to 16 or maybe 18 teams championships, which will automatically benefit some "high level playtime" to all the players of these new teams. :roll:

• How you can say that there is no interest in the World League?? People, understand this - NATIONAL TEAM'S GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT AND MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN CLUB GAMES. World League is the perfect tournament because it gives you a chance to see your national team playing.

About the wild cards - I hope you don't have Buglaria in mind while talking about wild cards because we completely deserved it. In the last Wolrd League the wild card was given to France, they also deserved it.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• How you can say that there is no interest in the World League?? People, understand this - NATIONAL TEAM'S GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT AND MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN CLUB GAMES. World League is the perfect tournament because it gives you a chance to see your national team playing.

I`m not agree about it at all. If i have to chose between games Poland-Japan in WL and game Olsztyn-Jastrzębie in polish league i will always chose the second. World League is not so important, it is prestige, nothing more. Important are championships like EC WC etc.

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• So maybe we should cancel all national leagues and let the nationl teams play the whole year........ :/

I have nothing against the national league, but I think it's quite obvious than volleyball at national stage is: 1. more interesting; 2. the level of playing is better than in the leagues, even in Italian championship, which is the best.

Ann: Maybe that's your opinion, but I would never prefer a club game instead of match of the Bulgarian National Team. And I think more people are like me. And prestige is super iportant, that's volleyball glory, and who cares which is the tournament when your national team is playing. Does it really matter?

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• ^ it depends Afroman

As for me i loved to watch the Italian Seria A and the Championsleague matches more and i have to admit that the level of playing seemed higher for me.
    Of course its great to watch the nationalteams playing but not just.
    As for example i could easily live without the World Grand Prix (world league) :roll: cos for me this kind of tournament is not that important.

But nothing compared to Olympics, WCH

Of course if you are a great nationalist you think differently cos u wanna measure yourself with others the whole time, but ok. Many different views around this forum in the last weeks...

• I have nothing against the national league, but I think it's quite obvious than volleyball at national stage is: 1. more interesting; 2. the level of playing is better than in the leagues, even in Italian championship, which is the best.

I don't agree heh (:
    1. that depends for whom
    2. i think that is more teams which play on hight level in leagues than national teams.

Quote from Nastja

But nothing compared to Olympics, WCH

Thats right (:

• Ok, lets see together some match and discuss it, in the near future I may visit Poland and will do it, :lol: I really don't understand how can you say that the level in the club games is higher, come on, that's not football, there isn't Manchester United, Juventus, Milan, Real. International Games are much more exciting, but you have the opinion, that's your choice. :)

• there isn't Manchester United, Juventus, Milan, Real.

No, there is Dynamo Moscow, Sisley Treviso, Roma Volley, Trentino, Copra Piacenza, Lokomotiv Belgorod (...) instead.

Don't you think that players like Kaziyski and Nikolov play better with Nikola Grbic as setter than with Zhekov ?
    Do you think that Ball and Stanley really miss Hoff, Priddy & Co when they have Bogomolov, Ergochev, Kosarev and Tetyukhin along with them in Kazan?
    Don't you think that Stéphane Antiga would better have stick with the Falasca brothers and Jose Luis Molto during last European Championship, as he did the whole year in Palma than play with the French NT, it's 20year-old opposite and their "not even playing in French top clubs" substitute who were unable to replace him properly when he was tired ?

If you consider players like Guemmadi (Algeria), Marshall (not playing with Cuba), some Brazilians or Russian not playing in their own NT but who could claim a place in many other international roster, you will find out that there are a lot of very good players who won't ever be able to show their skills in international championship when they are able to do it all over the year in the best clubs of the world.

Out of the Brazilian NT, I don't consider any NT being really better than the best European clubs. Because for any given NT you will find out that one is lacking a good setter an other one a good libero, the third some good reserve players. Another will have excellent middle blocker ... Of no use when it comes to spiking, a team like Russia is running the ugliest defense ever seen in a volley game, (I mean, the ugliest defense ever seen in any volley game out of Russia borders ! ;) Can't believe that Alekno is actually coaching this team ... ;( ) , others will lack some powerful spikers or servers, and so on ...

• Maybe you are right, but I think that there is enough good players in the NT's and for me the NT's are more mportant in voley, not only because I like my country and the Buglarian National Volleyball Team, but also because I think match Bulgaria - Poland, Russia - Brazil, Bulgaria- Russia, Poland - USA, Italy - France, and so on and so on are much more interesting. But that's just me. ;)

• Well, I agree with Nastja, Justyna, Armel and Ann ^^
    I don't need to say what I think about these things Acosta does, because they sound so ridiculous that they speak for itself. This bullsh** of protecting young players will only be worth for two or three countries, while all the others only have to lose.

Now Afroman, about the club/NT thing, I'll only express my opinion: I prefer to see any match of italian league (or russian, or polish, or turkish, or spanish :roll: ) than watching a single game of Norceca or South American Championships. If you your only option was seeing games with poor level (Mexico x Costa Rica for example) or USA, Cuba or Brazil making some massacre over any other team of America... you'd love ANY club championship of the world too. There are a lot of interesting matches on NT championships. But they are NOT the rule, specially outside Europe.

• Well, I agree with Nastja, Justyna, Armel and Ann ^^
    I don't need to say what I think about these things Acosta does, because they sound so ridiculous that they speak for itself. This bullsh** of protecting young players will only be worth for two or three countries, while all the others only have to lose.

Now Afroman, about the club/NT thing, I'll only express my opinion: I prefer to see any match of italian league (or russian, or polish, or turkish, or spanish :roll: ) than watching a single game of Norceca or South American Championships. If you your only option was seeing games with poor level (Mexico x Costa Rica for example) or USA, Cuba or Brazil making some massacre over any other team of America... you'd love ANY club championship of the world too. There are a lot of interesting matches on NT championships. But they are NOT the rule, specially outside Europe.

Yeah, but I like more NT games. :)