Bulgarian Team

• I don't like Alekno too, he isn't a good choice for Russia.I prefer Boris Kolchin from Fakel who worked in Italy and with Gennadiy Shipulin in Lokomotiv Belgorod.
    Is Berezhko arrogant? Give me some facts please. I agree with you. Poltavsky is very arrogant man, he thinks he is super star.But it's a false.
    In which position does Sokolov play? Opposite?

Berezhko have made such impression to me, if you don't agree - ok. Sokolov is opposite, I hope Stoev will give him chance in World League. It's obviously that Boyan Yordanov will be in starting six, and Daniel Milushev and Tzvetan Sokolov may be his replacements. Todor Aleksiev most probably will substitute the captain Plamen Konstantinov in OH post. The others will be Matey Kazyiski of course, Kostadin Stoykov (playing in Russia), Metodi Ananiev, if he recover from the injury, and one young player born 1987, Ivan Kolev, captain of the Junior Bulgarian Team, which got 6th place in the World Junior Championship. Sokolov was also part of the team. In middle-blocker possition, with the absence of Evgeni Ivanov, Nikolay Nikolov will have more chances to play among with Krasimir Gaidarski from Olympiakos Pireus. Hristo Tzvetanov will also help. Another boy may be invited - Lubomir Hristov, currently playing in Pirin Razlog, 210 cm. Setters - Andrey Zhekov and Ivan Stanev. Libero will be Salparov, and his replacement - again young boy, playing in the silver medalist Levski Sikonko - Dobromir Ivanov. That's it for now I think.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• what about Aleksandrov? last year he was good when he was substituting older guys. I know he had injuries, first knee and later sprained the ankle but now he is playing normally (even if Cherno more is still losing...)

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• what about Aleksandrov? last year he was good when he was substituting older guys. I know he had injuries, first knee and later sprained the ankle but now he is playing normally (even if Cherno more is still losing...)

Yeah, i forgot Vladi Aleksandrov, for the last time I think he played in Katowitce in WL 2007. I don't know what is Martin Stoev decision, but I think he may be called for the matches against Spain, USA and Finland. You understand I think that they are many good players at his post( Plamen, Matey, Aleksiev, Ananiev, Stoykov, etc) and I don't know if he will play.

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• your beloved coach Vladimir Alekno who is talking too much. :down:

Maybe you don't remember, but last time we spoke about why Alekno would be arrogant (especially on behalf of Bulgarian) you had not much to tell about it ...
    There's no problem to talk about volleyball and different matters, but please get at least some arguments when saying something, so that other people can discuss with you.

Now back to the topic.

About Bulgarian NT:
    Centers are good, Nikolov is one of the best opposite in the world and with Yordanov and Milushev (unfortunately struggling since the beginning of the season in Tours ;( ) the team has plenty of solution to replace him. Kaziyski is arguably the most impressive player in the world , and Plamen Konstantinov shows great spirit . That's why the Bulgarian NT is one of the best in the world.
    But, I think it is not without some weakness. First, the team can't afford to play without Konstantinov. And that's a big problem since he is no more very young. Second, Zhekov is not really what we can call a world-class setter. No doubt that Bulgaria could use a better setter. That's the same with Salparov, who has less impact on the game than Sergio, Verbov or Henno.

Modern volleyball is a lot about serving and receiving. The Bulgarian NT is one of the best at serving, but not really at receiving. I think that is why this team is stil without any title despite all its qualities.

• Armel, Alekno was arrogant saying that Zhekov is a "predictable" setter and not very good. Alekno:"I don't understand how your team had beaten Brazil with this setter".... With the "same setter" Bulgaria had beaten Russia in WC 2007 and only the chance had saved Alekno's team against USA, who were better and had to win. In this case In Izmir we could see Russia. (Also before the match he said that his team won't have any problems against us just because they had beaten us before, 3:0 was his and Khamutskih's prediction. I don't want to have anything with Alekno, I strongly dislike him. Never bulgarian coach or players didn't show such an attitude.

"Salparov had less impact" - i don't really think that you do think you are right and understand the game if you are saying such kind of things? After Sergio, Salparov is the best with no doubt. Verbov may follow after him, Henno :what: how did you think of putting it before Salparov? Plamen Konstantinov has great replacements - Todor Aleksiev and Metodi Ananiev, you'll see this in World League, when Konstantinov, Evgeni Ivanov and Vlado Nikolov won't play. Zhekov is younger than any of the setter of the top teams and will become good as the top setters in some years, although now he's great not only in setting, but serving and blocking. Great setter you became at 30, Zhekov is 27. Bulgaria is working on every element and it's aim is to improve and improve. I want to add also a fact, that after the WC 2007 there were a statistic, which shown that the team, who had made most blocks in the tournament is Bulgaria, which really made me happy. We'll improve also the other elements. :)

• Armel, Alekno was arrogant saying that Zhekov is a "predictable" setter and not very good.

I don't think it is arrogant. I only think it's true. Why is he playing in Bulgaria if he is such a great setter? Why is he not playing in Italy, Russia, Greece, POland or France like the other stars of the Bulgarian NT?

With the "same setter" Bulgaria had beaten Russia in WC 2007

OK, with the same setter, but most important with the same spikers , receivers, servers too. Take Zhekov, put him in a team like Serbia in place of Nikola Grbic, and it is not going to the Olympics. Take Grbic, have him play in Bulgaria NT; and you'll have some decent chance to defeat Brazil even in important games.

"Salparov had less impact" - i don't really think that you do think you are right and understand the game if you are saying such kind of things? After Sergio, Salparov is the best with no doubt. Verbov may follow after him, Henno :what: how did you think of putting it before Salparov?

Henno and Verbov won two Champion's league (plus one Top team Cup for Henno). Sergio won only a Top team Cup.
    Henno won a bunch of French titles (championship, cups) and the Russian Championship when he was playing in Russia. Verbov won many championship and cups in Russia as well. Salparov has a Russian cup and Sergio won nothing in Italy. (Italy is a stronger championship than Russia was when Verbov won some of his titles and that France is)

Henno has been awarded best digger and best libero at the 2002 World Championship, he was awarded best libero at the 2003 Eureopan Championship as well. He also received many indivicual awards as libero/digger/receiver in IECL .
    Verbov and Sergio were awarded best liberos in important competition too.

When was Salparov given such an award ?

Last but not least, Henno has the most outstanding vision of the play. He is a good libero because he can predict were the ball is going way sooner than other players. He is not able to perform super digs, or incredible receiving. But he is always exactly were he has to be in order to play the ball in the best conditions. And he can pass the ball extremely well, thus being able to make the set each time that the setter has to dig for the ball or is not able to perform a set in a rally. And just because of that, I can say very few liberos impact the game as much as he is doing.

Plamen Konstantinov has great replacements - Todor Aleksiev and Metodi Ananiev, you'll see this in World League

Well I've seen it at the European Championship. He was not in a good shape, and we all know what append.

Zhekov is younger than any of the setter of the top teams and will become good as the top setters in some years, although now he's great not only in setting, but serving and blocking. Great setter you became at 30, Zhekov is 27.

OK, you are right. He is young for a setter. Still Nikola Grbic was 27 when he won the Olympics and Pujol who is younger than Zhekov is already a better setter than him. But you made a point: Zhekov is able to improve his play.

after the WC 2007 there were a statistic, which shown that the team, who had made most blocks in the tournament is Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a good block, and very good servers. So I'm not surprised at all. But on defense I'm pretty sure the statistics are not as good (still Vlado Nikolov learned a thing or two playing along with Hubert Henno in Tours, and he is a very decent digger for an opposite)

• About Bulgarian NT:
    Centers are good, Nikolov is one of the best opposite in the world and with Yordanov and Milushev (unfortunately struggling since the beginning of the season in Tours ;( ) the team has plenty of solution to replace him. Kaziyski is arguably the most impressive player in the world , and Plamen Konstantinov shows great spirit . That's why the Bulgarian NT is one of the best in the world.
    But, I think it is not without some weakness. First, the team can't afford to play without Konstantinov. And that's a big problem since he is no more very young. Second, Zhekov is not really what we can call a world-class setter. No doubt that Bulgaria could use a better setter. That's the same with Salparov, who has less impact on the game than Sergio, Verbov or Henno.

Modern volleyball is a lot about serving and receiving. The Bulgarian NT is one of the best at serving, but not really at receiving. I think that is why this team is stil without any title despite all its qualities.

I agree with you, Armel.
    Henno is one of the best libero. He is my favourite french player with Antiga. Why Salparov didn't achieved some title as libero? For example, in World Championship in 2006 Russia "won" 7 place but Verbov was the best libero. It's a fact. Also he was the best libero of final four of Champions League in Rome. Why doesn't Salparov play in Italy or Russia? The best championship of the world... What's your answer?
    I hadn't see your comments abot Alekno in other topic. Very good and clear explanation, Armel. But Afroman couldn't answer you. Maybe he agreed with you!! :):):)

Zhekov plays in Greece.....

• As Gottlib said,Armel,Zhekov plays in Patra,Greece! ;)I won't comment about Zhekov/Alekno ,I really don't think you gonna like it... :| That's all... 8) Just because I really don't want to have arguments with any one of you!!! :thumbup: Just one thing about Zhekov-maybe one of his biggest problems,maybe even The Biggest is his mentality...He should work on that! :thumbup:
    For Salparov-he's not playing in Russia anymore (he was in Dinamo M last year) just because the russians kicked him out with no reason because they was angry with Kaziyski and his transfer in Trento and because they knew that Matey and Tedi are friends... :pinch: They did it 1 day before the start of European Championship and our players were in shock...Everyone from the team was really angry and Tedi was really confused of all that...Just a day before the start of sooo important championship like European,he found out that he,his wife and his son are "on the street"...It was so unfair... :S But although all this Tedi feels really good right now in Bulgaria ( in CSKA) and he gets better and better in every single competition... :P He showed it in WC 2007 (if you don't think so,that's your opinion,but this is mine 8) ) and I'm sure and I hope that he will keep showing that on the other competitions... 8) Good luck,Tedi! :win:
    That's all I want to say...I'm sure that he,Zhekov and all the team are going to get better and better... :win: They are young and have their chances to be next to the best,even the best... :) I really hope... :roll:

• Zhekov plays in Greece.....

Yes, you're right ! Sorry for the mistake.

Still the point remain that he is not really playing in a top club.

• I won't comment about Zhekov/Alekno ,I really don't think you gonna like it... :| That's all... 8) Just because I really don't want to have arguments with any one of you!

Well you should make comments, what's the use of having an opinion if you don't try to have the others understand it ?
    Plus you really don't know what I'm going to like and what I'm not going to like ! ;)

• As Gottlib said,Armel,Zhekov plays in Patra,Greece! ;)I won't comment about Zhekov/Alekno ,I really don't think you gonna like it... :| That's all... 8) Just because I really don't want to have arguments with any one of you!!! :thumbup: Just one thing about Zhekov-maybe one of his biggest problems,maybe even The Biggest is his mentality...He should work on that! :thumbup:
    For Salparov-he's not playing in Russia anymore (he was in Dinamo M last year) just because the russians kicked him out with no reason because they was angry with Kaziyski and his transfer in Trento and because they knew that Matey and Tedi are friends... :pinch: They did it 1 day before the start of European Championship and our players were in shock...Everyone from the team was really angry and Tedi was really confused of all that...Just a day before the start of sooo important championship like European,he found out that he,his wife and his son are "on the street"...It was so unfair... :S But although all this Tedi feels really good right now in Bulgaria ( in CSKA) and he gets better and better in every single competition... :P He showed it in WC 2007 (if you don't think so,that's your opinion,but this is mine 8) ) and I'm sure and I hope that he will keep showing that on the other competitions... 8) Good luck,Tedi! :win:
    That's all I want to say...I'm sure that he,Zhekov and all the team are going to get better and better... :win: They are young and have their chances to be next to the best,even the best... :) I really hope... :roll:

Read the topic about russian league and what Ann had wrote about Kaziyski "problem" with Dynamo... Bagnoli visited a lot of EC games and saw how Salparov "played". It was the reason that Dynamo wouldn´t stay him in team. It´s all. It isn´t his team.
    here is your link

• Well you should make comments, what's the use of having an opinion if you don't try to have the others understand it ?
    Plus you really don't know what I'm going to like and what I'm not going to like ! ;)

Actually,the situation with Zhekov is really complicated and I have no time to write because I have to study... :teach: :thumbup: And,like I said,I want to be in good terms with all of you and that's all... :win:
    And yeah, :lol: ,I really don't know what are you going to like,and what you don't but I guess... :roll:

• Read the topic about russian league and what Ann had wrote about Kaziyski "problem" with Dynamo... Bagnoli visited a lot of EC games and saw how Salparov "played". It was the reason that Dynamo wouldn´t stay him in team. It´s all. It isn´t his team.
    here is your link

Thank you for the link but I have already read this before but that doesn't mean I change my mind... :whistle: These were only the facts they gave about this,and it's normal that you believe in this,I don't blame you,it's normal.But I'm here,in Bulgaria,I have read so many interviews,so many things and I think that right now all bulgarians think just like me!I think it's also normal for us...I mean we shoud be with our players and we ARE...And if REALLY the reason,they gave,was the only,THE ONLY reason about all this-so please take my apologizes for what I said,especially russians...But because I'm a little bit more in this,I know a little bit more things for this (which is normal!!!you're not bulgarians!),I still can't say this is the real reason...Still my opinion... :win:

• Actually,the situation with Zhekov is really complicated and I have no time to write because I have to study... :teach: :thumbup: And,like I said,I want to be in good terms with all of you and that's all... :win:
    And yeah, :lol: ,I really don't know what are you going to like,and what you don't but I guess... :roll:

OK, then let's study well ! But don't hesitate to explain me when you get more time to do it. And believe me, I'm open-minded and I can hear someone arguing against me without disliking it. And I would thank you to prove me wrong if I am.

• OK, then let's study well ! But don't hesitate to explain me when you get more time to do it. And believe me, I'm open-minded and I can hear someone arguing against me without disliking it. And I would thank you to prove me wrong if I am.

Hah,OK... :lol: When I have more time to write,I'm going to do it!!!Promiseee!!! :win:

• Hey, people! What's going on here? I really don't like this Bulgaria vs. World situation here. This isn't volleyball-like at all and it should stop now. Let the results on court show who is better than who, not our personal opinions. I just want to explain to everybody that Bulgaria is a small country (only 7-8 mln. people); volleyball is the ONLY TEAM SPORT that we play at top international level and therefore it is a great source of national pride for us - to an extent that some of us have become real fanatics about our national team and our players, with all the positive and all the negative consequences, of course... However, this is no excuse for what is happening here and I would like to say a few words only to some of my compatriots here, so please excuse me for switching to Bulgarian.

Хора, моля ви се, вземете се в ръце! Превърнали сте този форум в ритнитопковска разправия стил "Левски - ЦСКА". И аз обичам България и българските волейболисти колкото вас, но дори мен ме подразниха субективните ви коментари. Струва ми се, че съм доста по-възрастен от вас, а и съм живял доста по чужбина и знам как изглеждат нещата отстрани. Затова и си позволявам да ви давам съвет - оставете волейболистите сами да докажат на терена кои са по-добри. Ако са нашите, другите сами ще го оценят и ще ги похвалят. Няма нужда да им се натрапва във всеки пост. Разбирам желанието ви да правите реклама на България и на волейбола ни, но се получава точно обратното - настройвате хората срещу нас. Не може да пишете "мразя този" или "мразя онзи" - просто в света на волейбола това не е прието, да не говорим, че си звучи като чисто избиване на комплекси. Не ви ли прави впечатление, че никой друг не го прави? Някой някъде да е написал "мразя България" или "мразя Жеков" например? И не се нахвърляйте сега срещу мене - казвам ви всичко това с най-добри чувства към всички вас и в името на България...

• Gottlib, the true is that Salparov was kicked out form Dynamo because of the case with Kazyisky, you can't persuade anybody in other bulshits. And what a "coencidence", they made it 1 day before EC. Comment and comment that our players are not as good as we say. It's your choice. There is God, that's why Russia didn't win the EC, despite all the help that had received (won't tell that it's not true, because it is) What's the point of getting this price for Verbov, if Russia is 7th and was defeated in a stunny match agains Poland 3:2. I don't care , I prefer that Zhekov, Salparov and etc are not good, and they'll prove the other statement to you on the volleyball pitch.

• Gottlib, the true is that Salparov was kicked out form Dynamo because of the case with Kazyisky, you can't persuade anybody in other bulshits. And what a "coencidence", they made it 1 day before EC. Comment and comment that our players are not as good as we say. It's your choice. There is God, that's why Russia didn't win the EC, despite all the help that had received (won't tell that it's not true, because it is) What's the point of getting this price for Verbov, if Russia is 7th and was defeated in a stunny match agains Poland 3:2. I don't care , I prefer that Zhekov, Salparov and etc are not good, and they'll prove the other statement to you on the volleyball pitch.

Bla, bla,bla. Change the music.Only loosers always speak about referee mistakes and stupid laws.

• Bla, bla,bla. Change the music.Only loosers always speak about referee mistakes and stupid laws.

See Ники, аnd you are talking about kind and polite people, who find my or anybody's behaviour offensive or subjective. Gottlib, I won't change the music, because these are facts, and they are not mistakes if you understand me. Bejing, Bejing, Bulgaria - Russia.

• Heeeey!

Why was my post from last night censored? I do not understand why the moderators are letting people insult each other here, but when I am trying to calm everybody down and re-introduce a friendly atmosphere to this forum, my message gets deleted (?). I know that half of my post was in Bulgarian, but I have seen sentences in many other languages in this forum that have not been deleted... I wrote it in Bulgarian, because I knew this would be a better way to persuade some of my compatriots here to be a little more open-minded towards others. I hope my message will be restored, otherwise it will turn out that whoever deleted it also needs a lesson in open-mindedness.

X(