• Brazilian NT in Beijing
    Everything and everyone seems to be conspiring agains Brazil...

Firts Ricardo was kicked out, now he is injured and won't be doing anything for the next 3 months...

Now Rodrigao is also injured and will probably miss out on the OG..

Ricardo out was a no-brainer anyway.... but who do you guys think will be called to replace Rodrigao?

My bet would go for either Sidao or Éder. Maybe Lucas, but he is not that great when it comes to blocking... he sure is tall, but he is too slow...

I guess it is now safe to say that the Brazilian starting six will be:

Marcelo/André
    Giba/Dante
    Gustavo/Heller
    Sergio

Another thing: Samuel has publicly said that he will not keep on playing as outside hitter because he is an opposite. So he said he would try to work this issue with Bernardo before Beijing... so we could see either him or Anderson being kicked out...

It makes me wonder... will Brazil be able to overcome all this issues and win the gold medal as they have been doing for the past 8 years?!

• Giba injured
    The injury suffered by Giba happened during the training conducted by the Brazilian national volleyball team. Giba will be out of practise approximately for one month.

Examination of magnetic resonance points in the ligaments of the ankle injury and a small fracture. Return to the court should happen in about four weeks. This is the prediction of the medical team, Ney Pecegueiro do Amaral, who accompanied the attacker during the conduct of examination of magnetic resonance in a clinic of São Paulo.

"His return to the activities will be gradual. The treatment will be done with the placed bandage, which should be elevated, in addition to rest and application of ice," evaluates the Brazilian doctor.

Giba is optimistic about the return, "Of all the injuries that could have happened, this is the best. Ankke twist is a normal thing and I'll try to recover as quickly as possible," said Giba

volleyballcountry.com

• Brazil will need a lot of good fortune and solid play to win another gold. Marcelo's sets seem much more predictable than Ricardo's. Speaking of, what happened to him ? How did he find himself out of the NT ?