USA for Olympic Games

• THERE IS 12 OF USA MENS NT FOR OG
    USAVOLLEYBALL.COM
    NO SURPRISES WHAT DOU YOU THINK ABOUT IT?
    BALL, GARDNER, STANLEY, SALMON, PRIDDY, LAMBOURNE, HOFF, HANSEN, LEE, MILAR, TOUZINSKY, ROONEY
    :)

• No surprise but I was hoping to see a fellow NCAA Division 1 Player of the Year to Rooney on that roster, Matt Anderson. Matt Anderson was a 6'10" outside hitter for the NCAA Champions this year, Penn State. His ball handling is said to be as good if not better as Rooney and with his height and vertical he is a monster at the net. He will be on the team in upcoming years hopefully.

• But olympic games is other level than student league
    But with His parameteres is a future
    Coul you bring more details about this player?

• Matt truly is the real deal. I played against him in High School as well as against him in college and all of his skills have increased exponentially. When he comes out of the back row with a bic (quick set to the back middle) all anyone can do is take cover.

• Matt Anderson will have his time. He's just 19 (stands 6'10,OH) and is probably the best collegiate player in US. Im sure he'll play in the Olympics someday. probably with the guys like Evan Patak (6'8, Opposite), Sean Rooney (6'9, OH), Andrew Hein(6'11, MB) who are already playing in some leagues in Russia and Italy. Ofcourse, Rooney being the brightest of the prospects, Mccutcheon will bring him in Beijing (with Russian Superleague experience already).

We may remember also tha the US dilemma as of the moment is having short guys in the OH position (Priddy 6'5, Salmon 6'6) which is very difficult especially for a team like Russia, Bulgaria who are very strong in the net. Brazil has Dante (around 6'9) while Russia has lots. Thats probably why they are bringing in Rooney in Beijing for that purpose..He is very tall, young and with full of potential. Gardner "could have been" that guy on the left but he has very bad receptions. Priddy and Salmon isn't getting any younger and im sure guys like Rooney, Anderson will be very excellent replacements in the OH position in the next 3 years or so.

Btw, Matt Anderson is the 2nd player in the history of NCAA Volleyball (Clayton Stanley was the first for University of Hawaii) to forego his NCAA 4th year eligibility for Penn State just to go on professional volleyball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_PMOcbEZG4
    (Matt Anderson is from the team wearing white jersey.
    He is the one who spiked from the Backrow)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

Edited 6 times, last by jist ().

• ı watced matt anderson too,he is really good at offence,he is very spectacular player and has great potential ı think.
    ı am very hopeful about him,unfortunately he won t play in OG :down:

• i have seen him play in a tv broadcast.

and for someone who is 6'10, his ball handling skills are quite impressive.

• I think that USA have great wing spikers with goog technique nad impresive play on the net now and i dont think that in three four years will be change in Line UP .

• I dont know if you guys knew this one but Kevin Hansen is type 1 Diabetic. ;(

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I heard of it, but if he's taking care of it, it's really not a problem.

Type 1 diabetics learn how to control and maintain good blood sugar levels. If they do it carefully, they'll remain in good health.

• I heard of it, but if he's taking care of it, it's really not a problem.

Type 1 diabetics learn how to control and maintain good blood sugar levels. If they do it carefully, they'll remain in good health.

Volleyball must've helped him control his diabetes since the more you excercise(and play vball), the more you lose those blood glucose naturally. But knowing this, i totally admire this person....these conditions doesnt stop him from dreaming and playing.

Is he moving to Russia? Fakel?

Is he moving to Russia? Fakel?

I am not sure... I last heard about Trefl Gdansk. Sean Rooney moved to Fakel.

Kevin Hansen is one of the best setters despite the disease. Our national TV mentioned about his disease in the WL matches in Varna a month before the OG2008. It's quite nice that he got the chance to realize his dream - taking part in the Olympics and even winning the gold! Such people deserve only respect!!!