Sergey Tetyukhin

• Tetyukhin in club 200
    "I made a record? I do not know", admitted russian spiker. The star of Russian Superleague, Sergey Tetyukhin, has played 252 national team games.

Also in Russia the fans were voting players of All Star Game, which will be held January 30 in Surgut. One outcome of this vote was obvious. The start of Sergey Tetyukhin in the best six of Russians. This fact is not surprising. 33-year-old spiker is one of the biggest stars in the history of Russian volleyball.

The All Star Game 2009 will be different from the previous matches. To five prominent players will be given personal awards - as the first members of "Club 200". What is the "200 Club"? As many probably already guessed, the "200 Club" will now take the players, who played at least two hundred official matches for the national team of Russia. If you look at the available statistics of the other national teams, this line may not seem too impressive. First, these data are often with errors. Secondly, along with officials some countries took into account also the friendly games. And thirdly, many countries usually take into account, even beeing on the list of the team - regardless of whether the player participated in the game. Russian "Club 200" is of all these deficiencies deprived.

We're glad to report: a record of Russian national team is still the same Tetyukhin, which is 252 games for the national team. "To be honest, I would never thought that I make record", said Tetyukhin

Do you remember, when was your first match for the national team of Russia?
    For the first time I was invited in 1993 - the friendly games in Japan. But my official debut was in 1996. This was the qualifation tournament of the World League.

Were you worried at that time?
    It was unusual to be on the same court with such celebrities as Olihver, Shatunov. At that time in the team debuted Kazakov, Khamuttskih. The atmosphere in the Russian national team has always been remarkable.

In the same 1996, you have participated in the first of your four Olympics. And what the tournament in the national team is the most memorable?
    World League 2002. That victory over the Brazilians in Brazil has left an indelible impression. When we won the World Cup in 1999, the feeling was not so strong.

What was your best match for the national team?
    I think it was also in 2002 against Brazil in final.

What was the worst defeat for you?
    Olympics 2000 when we lost the final with Serbia, we were more experienced. The match was clearly in our hands. But it was not enough, it was the worst disappointment.

In addition to your 200 official matches for the national team of Russia four people more achieved this. Can you name them?
    Ushakov, Kazakov, Khamuttskih and Olikhver.

All you will be introduced in the "200 Club" to match of the stars on 30 January in Surgut. Are you already thinking about this game?
    The All Stars Game - above all, is for the spectators. And for the players - the opportunity to see old friends. For example, my former partners "Dinamo-TTG" Lloya Ball and Clayton Stanley.

Sergey Tetyukhin profile:
    Russian Superleague winner (1997-1998, 2002-2004, 2007)
    Russian Cup winner (1995-1998, 2003)
    Champions League winner (2003, 2004, 2007)
    European Championships bronze medalist (2001, 2003, 2007)
    European Championships silver medalist (1999)
    World Championships silver medalist (2002)
    Olympic Games silver meadlist (Sydney-2000)
    Olympic Games bronze medalist (Athens-2004, Beijing-2008 )

Sergey Teyukhin was born in Uzbekistan. As a child Tetyukhin showed interest in sports that predetermined his future occupation.
    In 1992 the wing-spiker made his first appearance for Belogorie-Dinamo Belgorod (present-day Lokomotiv-Belogorie). On the whole Tetyukhin spent 12 years in row in Lokomotiv-Belogorie. The club has become near and dear to Tetyukhin as most of his achievements are associated with this team. However, Lokomotiv-Belogorie´s success is equally associated with the name of Sergei Tetyukhin. The years of their cooperation were marked with numerous Russian Superleague titles (1997-98, 2002-04), Russia Cup titles (1995-98, 2003), European Champions League (2003, 2004). Tetyukhin spent two years (2006 -2008 ) in Kazan, he become again Russian champion, Cup winner and Champions League winner.

In 1993 Sergei Tetykhin made his international debut and has been capped regularly ever since. The wing-spiker has taken part in three Olympic games and helped Russia take the silver in Sydney (2000), the bronze in Athens (2004) and Beijing (2008 ).

The wing spiker Sergei Tetyukhin is considered to be one of the best Russian volleyball players. His professionalism and on-court versatility are highly appreciated by the team coaches as they strive to reinforce their squads with Tetyukhin. He is quite easily adept at receiving or making a spike. His dynamite serves are another string to his bow.

source: sport-express, volleycountry.com
    pic: volleycountry.com, daylife.com