2009 transfer news

• This was expected after his performance in the league. Macerata have obsession with middle blockers :lol:

This was expected after his performance in the league. Macerata have obsession with middle blockers :lol:

I would add - with Serbian middle-blockers :D - Geric, Podrascanin and now Stankovic :)

• The second is from Slovak ethnicity, the third - from Bulgarian ethnicity if I have to guess by their names and places of birth. Yugoslavia used to be multi-ethnical empire like Russia or Turkey ( Turkey have also a lot of small groups of peoples) and that gave them diversity, which is helpful in culture, economy and of course - in sports

• The second is from Slovak ethnicity, the third - from Bulgarian ethnicity if I have to guess by their names and places of birth. Yugoslavia used to be multi-ethnical empire like Russia or Turkey ( Turkey have also a lot of small groups of peoples) and that gave them diversity, which is helpful in culture, economy and of course - in sports

How can you talk about something that you don't know anything about...Dragan Stankovic is Serbian...with clear serbian name and last name...Podrascanin also. So next time think before you write something like this, because I don't see the point of this claims ;)

• How can you talk about something that you don't know anything about...Dragan Stankovic is Serbian...with clear serbian name and last name...Podrascanin also. So next time think before you write something like this, because I don't see the point of this claims ;)

I am talking exactly things I know about. Both players ARE Serbian, part of Serbian nation, but Stankovich is born in Zaichar, so he has grandparents from Bulgarian origin (the city is full with ethnical Bulgarians in 19th and the first half of 20th century). Podrascanin is from slovak language, so I supposed some connection. Ethnical origin is not nationality, even ethnicity is not nationality, so I don't see a problem here :what:

• Ethnicity is bullshit. :down:

• :D

In USA, there is no trouble with ethnicity, not like in Europe. People are proud with their ancestry and lot of them have relatives from 3 or 4 different origins. It is ok, since American nation is political, not like in Europe. People here have problems with ethnicity :lol:

P.S. Diversity IS GOOD, mathematically and biologically proved.

• I am talking exactly things I know about. Both players ARE Serbian, part of Serbian nation, but Stankovich is born in Zaichar, so he has grandparents from Bulgarian origin (the city is full with ethnical Bulgarians in 19th and the first half of 20th century). Podrascanin is from slovak language, so I supposed some connection. Ethnical origin is not nationality, even ethnicity is not nationality, so I don't see a problem here :what:

The only "problem" is that nobody asked for their "ethnicity", because they are serbian players....and you claimed in first post :
    "The second is from Slovak ethnicity, the third - from Bulgarian ethnicity if I have to GUESS by their names and places of birth...."
    What's next?? You will start searching for Miljkovic's great-great-grandmother in some other ethnicity??? That's not nice....and please start "supposing" things for your own national team and skip serbian...

Btw. Old serbian last names were not ending on -IC, so just because it sound to you like slovak,doesn't mean that it is....

• The only "problem" is that nobody asked for their "ethnicity", because they are serbian players....and you claimed in first post :
    "The second is from Slovak ethnicity, the third - from Bulgarian ethnicity if I have to GUESS by their names and places of birth...."
    What's next?? You will start searching for Miljkovic's great-great-grandmother in some other ethnicity??? That's not nice....and please start "supposing" things for your own national team and skip serbian...

Btw. Old serbian last names were not ending on -IC, so just because it sound to you like slovak,doesn't mean that it is....

No, Miljkovich is 100% of Serbian ethnicity, clearly no doubts about him and Grbich brothers. About the name Podrascanin, I may be wrong about it, but when I researched it emerged as of slovak origin. I know that this -ich is not law in Serbian language :)

About the ethnicity - the reason why I mentioned it was to express my feeling that the ethnic heterogeneity supports the Yugoslavian success, because until 1990, this 30 mln empire had many peoples under one flag. Even now Serbia has minorities from at least 5 different origins, Bulgaria also has minorities, which IS VERY GOOD FOR THE SPORT.
    Why do you get so angry on this subject, do you hate minorities or do you consider that Serbian nation is based solely on Serbian people and not one person from other origin? I really didn't think that this will become a flame when I briefly mentioned it, so I am closing the subject WITH NO FURTHER DISCUSSIONS

• In the Italian Serie A2:

Leandro Maly (ex-Argentinian NT, 34-year-old, attacker, Bandar Imam Petrochemical (Iran)) joins Katay Geotec Isernia.

Sasa Gadnik (Slovenian, 28-year-old, opposite, Bergamo (A2)) joins Nava Gioia Del Colle.

• Jasmin Cuturic (Slovenian NT, 25-year-old, attacker, Perspolis Tehran (Iran)) joins Trenkwalder Modena.

Cuturic is 35 years old.