Alejandro Spajic received the Recognition Clarín Newspaper award

• Alejandro Spajic, Drean Bolívar Captain and related to the Argentine Men Team, crowded a great 2009 year receiving the Regocnition Clarín Newspaper award called the "Silver Olimpia" for volleyball.

In several sports and in life itself, it is always said that at certain age, some must think more in retiring than on thinking on new sport goals. That age, that the experience lived and the new generations that push to become sport stars push so that those coming from a long career. Also, that experience is enough when one gets bald but, Alejandro Spajic remembered all those "oldies" that he can be great even being only 33 years old , that there is a chance to win new experiences and reach further in any sport.

In the year 2009 he received several titles and goals fulfilled: with Drean Bolívar he got four trophies, with the Argentine Men Team (he has been part of it since the year 1995) he obtained the qualification for the World Cup, the South American second ranked place and an historical fifth place during the 2009 FIVB World League and he goes for more.

Therefore his recognition and to be named for the two most important awards for Argentine Sports (Clarín and Olimpia) arrived as part of his outstanding career. In the award received yesterday evening, he shared to be named with the setter Luciano De Cecco and with his playing mate in Bolívar, Guillermo Garcia. With reference to the other two volleyball players he mentioned: "Really Guillermo and Luciano are two players I know pretty well and are outstanding. Any of the three deserved to receive the award".

For Spajic it is the second Clarín award as he received the first one in the year 1999, when he was chosen over Marcelo Román and Carolina Costagrande. "I thank Clarín that they chose me. I am very excited to have received this award and that they recognize the effort helps one to become better, specially as I received it the first time 10 years ago. I am very happy and I want to share it with my wife and all my family that always support me" he added.

An outstanding career
    The San Juan 2,04 mts tall has developed during 15 year a great outstanding volleyball career. He started with Obras Sanitarias in San Juan and then playef for Bolívar Signia, and played foreign leagues in France (Poitiers) and in Russia (Lokomotiv Belgorod). Since the year 2006 he is Bolívar captain.

In the year 1995 he won his first title in the old Confederation Argentine League (with Obras). Then, he won the France Cup with Poitiers, two Russian Leagues and one Russian Cups with Belgorod and many titles with Bolívar: four Argentine Leagues (2003/4, 2006/09) and four ACLAV Cups, 2006 Sao Ludgero Grand Prix (in Brazil), two international Bolívar city Cups (2006 and 2008 ), the 2007 Mercosur Cup, the 2007 Italian Cournayeur Cup, the 2007 Spanish Manacor Cup, the 75th Anniversay Metropolitan Federation Cup and the two World Challenge Cups played (2008/09).

For the middle player, lover of barbecue, mate and fishing, challenges do not have finishing date and after a great absence he returned to the Argentine Men Team with Weber coaching, former playing mate and now Coach of Bolívar. With his former setter outside the field, Spajic was part of the historical fifth place for the Argentine light blue - white jersey.

Spajic can win another award
    He stands among the Sport Journalists Awards List (Dec. 22nd) together with De Cecco and the young Sebastían Solé. It is the first time he is named to win an Olimpia.

Wishes for the year 2010
    To finish he leaves a message: "I hope we have a good present season with the team and that we can obtain a new title. I also hope we have peace in the country, more security, more work and that people can live better".
    source: ACLAV