Nalbert, brasilian capitan, says goodbye to volleyball

• This week Nalbert, brasilian oh and capitan from the Bernardinho era in National team, anouced this week the end of his career in volleyball. He just became a father from a little girl called Rafaela. That was a big report over it in globo.com site, I`ll try to translate this one for you. The brasilian that now has 35 years old, had 19 years of volleyball career.
    the original report is in this link, has pictures from the player career and a video of his anoucement, he got really emotional, specially when he heard his mom and friend Emanuel, from beach volley, comments. In the talk in talkshow "ta na Area", he told a bit from his hole career.

The link -
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/…+REPLETA+DE+CONQUIST.html

• The report -

At age 35, Nalbert leaves the scene and put an end to a career full of achievements
    Ex-captain of the Brazilian volleyball team decides to end his career

In almost two decades of dedication to volleyball, remain achievements and good stories. Besides the titles, the fan got used to watch the run with open arms in celebrations and even the habit of pulling the short. But it's time to put an end to this path. Without fanfare, only as if turned over a page, Nalbert decided to close a resume full of great moments. Less than two weeks to complete 36 years, the captain leaves the scene.

- Even hurts my heart to say this, but it's time to stop. The athlete is motivated by challenges and goals. Today, I feel that I have more goals to pursue - explain Nalbert

Good memories will not miss the carioca Nalbert Tavares Bittencourt. Over the past 19 years, the outside hitter smiled with, cried at the top of the podium and, above all, won. At all levels. It was the only player world champion in three categories: youth (1991, to 17 years), juvenile (1993, to 19) and adult (2002, at 28 ).

Restrict himself to the supporting role was not his way. Instead, he became one of the biggest names in Bernardinho Age, as captain of a victorious generation.

- I am a privileged one, blessed to be born when the volley was growing in the country. I could take all the structure built and reap the fruits of work.

The athlete that now gets away from the spotlight was always used to be the center of attention. Even the pronunciation of his name was discussed publicly. The mother, Dona Dilce, went on television, dismissed the "NÁlbert" and asked people to carry on the last syllable, giving the word "Colher" as an example.

When he began to dawn in volleyball, the spiker soon had to learn to embrace opportunities. In 1991, he was 17 when he received the call to Brasil National Team. In the first competition, he rased the cup and was voted best player. At 23, already had become captain, a post he held for eight years.

As almost always happens with athletes, however, the career was not built only with moments of joy. Two years after the world title in 2002, Nalbert ruptured a tendon in his left shoulder. The surgery happened a few months before the Athens Olympic Games, and it all led to believe that Brazil would come into court without their leader. No way. Denying medical prognoses, the spiker joined the group and pulled out the gold medal in Greece.

A jump to the sand

The accumulation of achievements made the player seek challenges off the court. More precisely, in the sand. In 2005, he formed a partnership with Guto and switched to beach volleyball, where he stayed for a year. The partner in 2006 it was already Luizão, when Nalbert, restless, decided to make his way back. The fast rehabilitation to the court brought him back to a familiar environment: the national team.

The routine of titles continued. In 2007, Nalbert won the World League, securing yet another title to the Bernardinho Age. In the same year, he wanted to compete in the Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, to put on the shelf the only title that was missing. It was not what happened. In top form at age 33, the outside hitter had a stretch in the posterior side of the left thigh and could not play the tournament in his hometown.

The recovery has been designed with the signature of contract with Minas - his seventh club in his professional career - to play in the Superliga, but not before a trial. At the beginning of training, Nalbert suffered a serious injury is his right shoulder. In August 2007, went to the operation table and stayed eight months away from the court. The coming back happened in the decision of the national tournament, with plenty of emotion when happened to be applauded even by opponents supporters.

The cut and the disappointment

The shoulder, however, still hurt, and incredible player thought about stopping. When his career seemed to come to an end, came the surprise. Nalbert appeared as one of the news in the list of Bernardinho for the World League. At 34, decided to face the challenge of the national team in the 2008 season: win the gold medal at the Beijing Games. Two months before the Olympics, he jumped inside trainings in Saquarema, but suffered another knock, with an unexpected cut in July.

The dismissing ended the cycle of the player in national team, but not in volleyball. In October 2008, he returned to the beach, now forming double with Franco. The rhythm, however, was another, which allowed a greater dedication to personal life.

It was then that the player met the actress Amandha Lee, whom he married in May 2009. In October last year, assumed a new role: of the father, when Amandha gave birth to Rafaela. By then, Nalbert was already fulfilled, with a strong family and an extensive list of glory on the court.

-I ended my cycle as an athlete, but I want to start a new cycle inside the sport. Not as coach, but would like act as a manager. In fact, I will do a management course at the Brazilian Olympic Committee (COB). I also like the idea of commenting games and give lectures. Along with that, I have my ventures - told the now former player.[/size][/font]

Nalbert`s career:
    1992-1994: Minas (BRA)
    1994-1997: Banespa (BRA)
    1997-1999: Olympikus (BRA)
    1999-2001: Macerata (ITA)
    2001-2002: Panasonic (JPN)
    2002-2004: Macerata (ITA)
    2004-2005: Banespa (BRA)
    2007: Modena (ITA)
    2007-2008: Minas (BRA)[/size][/font]