Brazil NT for 2010 Season

• Bernardinho gave a pre-list, not the exacly names that will train and play this season....but the anames are comming out from this list...

Setters:
    Bruno Mossa de Rezende "Bruninho" (Cimed / Malwee)
    Marlon Yared (Brasil Vôlei)
    Ricardo Bermudez Garcia "Ricardinho" (Sisley Treviso - ITA)
    Sandro de Carvalho (Sada Cruzeiro)

Outside Hitters:
    Dante Amaral (Dinamo Mosca-RUS)
    Gilberto Godoy Filho "Giba" (Pinheiros / Sky)
    João Paulo Bravo (Piacenza, ITA)
    Mauricio Silva (Vivo/Minas)
    Murilo Endres (Sesi-SP)
    Thiago Alves (Cimed / Malwee)

Middle blockers:
    Eder Carbonera (Cimed / Malwee)
    Lucas Saatkamp (Cimed / Malwee)
    Rodrigo Santana "Rodrigão" (Pinheiros / Sky)
    Sidnei Santos "Sidão" (Sesi-SP)
    Enrique Thiago Barth (Sesi-SP)

Opposite:
    Fabricio Dias "Lorena" (Montes Claros / Funadem)
    João Paulo Tavares (Panasonic-JAP)
    Leandro Vissotto (Trentino Volley - ITA)
    Theo Fabricio Lopes (Santory Sunbirds-JAP)
    Wallace de Souza (Sada Cruzeiro)

Libero:
    Mário Júnior (Cimed / Malwee)
    Sergio Dutra Escadinha (Brasil Vôlei)

• As you all probably already know the big surprise is the presence of Ricardinhos name on it!!!!a lot had been said lately ehre in Brasil about, the press is crazy with all this...and players also always being interviewed about it...

The only thing sure till now is that Ricardinho si still not in NT!!!! A lot have to be talked....Bernardinho wanted to make that really clear....that he and Ricardinho are just trying to get back in touch...but the coming back for National Team depends a lot still....specially the group decision....cause as you know...no decision is made in Bernardinho group without everyone be knowing about it and agreeing with it.

The most important players, as Giba, Rodrigão, Serginho, they all talked about it this last week...I`m gonna writte down ehre what has been said. They basicly all agree with one thing....Ricardinho si welcome back..but only if he changes his way. If he addapts to the groups values....the reason aperently why he left in 2007.

Giba - "He tried to call me a few times Friday and Saturday, but we were living hurry last days due to Superliga. We played Thrusday and Saturday and I could not answered. After that, did not occuor any kind of contact anymore. He spent much time isolated and I must also reflect and think before answering his calls. Is a right that I have, right?" - "I have no doubt about the technical capacity of Ricardinho and about what he will add in the national team. But we need to see his will to adjust to the group. He needs to show real interest in coming back. After three years becoming isolated if he does not demonstrate that, it is difficult to convince." - "I am one of the most experienced, I am in the group since the beginning and went through everything that happened. Therefore, next to Rodrigão, Murilo and Serginho, we talked with Bernardinho before the calling of the pre-list. But I'm a player like Ricardinho or any other. We have no power of decision. Who decides is Bernardo."

Gustavo wrote in his twitter about Pan2007 - "What I can say is: the image left in 2007 was that a united group does not tolerate rock star felling and vanity from part of any player who is."

Libero Serginho - "When Bernardinho called me, I gave my opinion. I do not see any harm, but much has to be spoken. Everything needs to be resolved so that there is an understanding. Without talking, it wont work. He is a hell of a player, his ability on the court is not debatable, but we need to clarify all that." - "Who will decide is Bernardo. If he thinks he should call him, nice. If he thinks he needs to cut, fine. But it has to be calm. The Team comes first, this cycle that is coming deserves care."

Setter Bruno Rezende -
    "Was I called? So, that is what matter to me. The situation is different from what I experienced three years ago, when I was younger. I already conquered my space. If in bench or inside court, I'll be happy. I think Ricardo is still a level above all the setters in the world." - "He is a player that needs no comments. I'm sure if he comes, will add up and make a difference. I think I can still learn a lot from him, as I always do with Marlon, Rafa." . About the possible coming back, Bruno said - "Will depend on the conversations he has with players. We have to wait to see it. It's not for me to say. But anyone who wants to play with will and the spirit of National Team, will be welcome."

Rodrigão - "I found the reapprochement on the part of Bernardinho nice, after what happened in 2007. It will not have a problem, Ricardinho will be well received. I played against him a few times last year, and I know he is still playing a lot, is a good setter. If he really get the final list, will be an awesome name."
    Rodrigao added in a tv interview that Ricardinho left in 2007 cause he had lost the values of that group. And his returning depends if he is will to adapt to that values again, cause the group keeps with their values, it didnt change.

As you can notice....a lot has to happen still to Ricardinho coming back....but is only up to him...and his adjustments, adn will to come back....let wait and see what happens....I really hope he can get this group values again...cause he is an amazing setter....and he could had been a amazing idol here in Brasil as all other players from that generation became....unfortunetly with all what happened...Ricardinho stayed a bit forgotten here....witch is a shame for a player as good as him....but again...deserved for what looks like. I really hope he can change his manners and be a good guy as the rest of this incredible group Bernardinho has in hands.. ^^

• He is an amazing setter. Hosrtink in Treviso seems to love his setting as he gets good scores almost every game. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to bring him back. Maybe it is just better to focus on the future, rather then cling to the past. Then again, like Bruno said, a lot can also be learned from a player like him. yeah, I say bring him back! What the hell! See if we can get a taste of that amazing kind of game the last generation of Brazillians showed again. Because seriously, I do not think we've seen that level of play ever since Ricardo left.

Even players from the 96' Dutch national team admitted that the braizillians play was superior to theirs back int he day.

• The assistent coach Rubinho will coach a B team from Brazil in Pan-American Cup, that will happen between 23-29/05.

He called 16 young names to play for Brasil B-Team:

Setters:
    Fideli (Brasil Vôlei Clube) - 23 years; 2,07 m
    Thiago Gelinsk (Vôlei Futuro) - 22 years; 1,93 m

Opposites:
    Kaio (Fátima/Medquímica/UCS/SPFC) - 23 years; 2,08 m
    Najari (Brasil Volei Clube) - 21 years; 1,98 m
    Renan (Brasil Vôlei Clube) - 20 years; 2,14 m

Middles:
    Tiago Barth (Sesi-SP) - 21 years; 2,09 m
    Gustavão (Sesi-SP) - 24 years; 2,14 m
    Mauricio (Brasil Vôlei Clube) - 21 years; 2,07 m
    Isac (Brasil Vôlei Clube) - 19 years; 2,05 m

OH:
    Mauricio (Vivo/Minas) - 21 years; 1,99 m
    Wanderson (Vivo/Minas) - 22 years; 1,93 m (I have my doubts over his high, I think he is taller!!Maybe a mistake from CBV site)
    Mão (Lupo Náutico/Let´s) - 20 years; 2,03 m
    Túlio (Santo André) - 23 years; 1,98 m
    Mineiro (Vôlei Futuro) - 21 years; 2,02 m
    Bruno (Fátima/Medquímica/UCS/SPFC) - 24 years; 1,90 m

líbero: Polaco (Sada Cruzeiro) - 27 years; 1,94 m

• There's also Joao Paolo Bravo i'm so happy for him :thumbsup:

• yeah...but he is in first team!:) That will start trainning with Bernardinho.

This second list I gave are from a B Team, made from young players, that will play Pan American championship! ^^

• It's sad that Ricardinho will not play. :|

• I'm not too surprised that Ricadro's not in after all. I mean, imagine bringing him from outside Brazil straight into the national team. It would take too much time getting used to him there and his style of setting of course. Plus no matter who's with him, experienced/new players, there's always going to be friction between Ricardinho and many of the players knowing what he did in the past and fearing that he might do it again. It is a shame though considering the fact that he could have been very beneficial for the team :(

So probable starters? Bruno - Giba - Dante - Lucas - Rodrigao - Serginho - Vissotto. I think we're good to go :)

• Why not Bravo!!!! he totally deserves it!

• Brazil squad to prepare for WC:

Setters: Bruno / Marlon
    OH: Giba / Dante / Murilo / Thiago Alves / Joao Paulo Bravo
    MB: Lucas / Rodrigao / Sidao / Eder
    OPP: Leandro Vissotto / Theo / Wallace / Joao Paulo Tavares
    L: Alan / Mario Junior

Ricardinho is out of WC..I think that Bernardinho should have given him a chance..Bruninho and Marlon were not so good in World League..

Serginho is out too, because of his injury.

• I think counted a lot Ricardinho's declaration about if he had to stay in bench, saying if it is to stay in bench better stay at his home, in the decision of letting him out, in a group that just won using the 12 players as their strengh, that kind of though dont aply.....so, again one more unfortunate declaration from ricardinho, and maybe this shows that he has not change much, and I think that is the reason he is out. Bernardinho let clear that the decision would be made by everyone, the staff and also the players, he would not call someone that the group would not fell confortable with, and maybe that was the situation.....unfortunetly, cause Ricaridnho is incredible setter, that is no doubt, but his ideas just dont fit this group.

I'm sad that Serginho still out, but I still have hopes that he can come back for WCH....fingers crossed. ^^

• I've already got used to the Brazil without Ricardo. Although at the beginning it was difficult. But I think in that situation he behaves correctly (I mean his last interview). I have nothing pretensions to Ricardo.

And I'm sad like everybody, that Sergio won't be able to play on WC. I hoped that he however will play. Surely he would defend extremely difficult ball which we will remember for a long. And also he would presents his fantastic sets :D
    I love his personality, modesty, behavior on the pitch. He can be a model for a young player. :)

• Sorry if this was discussed already in some other post, but I couldn't find it.

Cool thing happened last night: Murilo was awarded best brazilian male player of the year, among all olympic sports, I think. Up against him for the prize were Leandro Guilheiro (from judo) and swimmer César Cielo. Afterwards, people said Murilo was the favorite to win, but I was actually kind of surprised, cause I expected a win for Cielo, who's been doing really well lately, and won the same prize in the two previous years.

Can't remember if Giba won this prize already, but I'm excited about Murilo, cause I think (or used to think) that even though the volleyball comunity recognizes him as a prodigy, and that he's had the best year ever in 2010, people in general don't know him so well. As I understand, this prize is conceded by a specialized jury as well as the public vote (50/50).

I feel people in general, in our country, who don't follow volleyball so much, can recognize the success of our male team, which is symbolized by the figure of Bernardo, but maybe they don't know the players so well. Giba, they certainly do, and maybe Ricardo and Bruno because of the whole business that's been incessantly going on with those guys, but I had a feeling they wouldn't know Murilo so much. And I really think he deserves this kind of recognition, because I see in him not just an amazing player, but a real leader.

Female prize went to Fabiana Murer, from the pole vault.

• Yeah, Giba already won this prize (in 2006 I guess)!!