Dutch NT for 2010 season

• Setters:

Nico Freriks (Nesselande), Yannick van Harskamp (Maaseik), Roland Rademaker (Tourcoing), Bert Sturkenboom (Zwolle),

Libero:

Gijs Jorna (HvA), Jelte Maan (Maaseik), Richard Rademaker (Nesselande), Dirk Sparidans (Dynamo Apeldoorn)

Opposite:

Kay van Dijk (Loreto), Niels Klapwijk (Maaseik), Joris Marcelis (Orion), Mathijs Mast (Dynamo Apeldoorn).

Middle-Blockers:

Rob Bontje (Treviso), Wytze Kooistra (Modena), Lars Lorsheijd (Tourcoing), Bart-Jan van der Mark (Orion), Tije Vlam (Roeselare)

Outside-Hitters:

Robert Andringa (Lycurgus), Robert Horstink (Treviso), Dick Kooy (Modena), Jeroen Rauwerdink (Monza), Jeroen Trommel (IBB Spor)

• Why Nico Freriks did not participate of NT last year?? He could have helped a lot Van Harskamp...Snippe is not there, but i really like this list...My team is: Van Harskamp, Klapwijk, Horstink, Rauwerdink, Bontje and Kooistra..Dick Kooy was very good in Italian League, so i hope he can play some games...

• @ B. Moreira

Freriks last year had an injury and after that he was not in good shape. I think Snippe is not on the current list because during the season, in most of the matches he was 'only' substitute in Latina and performed poor in general.

My team:

van Harskamp - Klapwijk, Horstink - Kooy, Bontje - Kooistra, Maan.

• Yeah Snippe didn't have a good season, but he's not on the list due to an injury I heard. Yeah I agree with the teams you guys suggested. I'm pretty happy about having Rauwerdink and Kooy for that one position, they've both progressed a lot. The weak links remain setter and opposite and perhaps even libero. Will be good to see whether Van Harskamp has progressed and same for Klapwijk and van Dijk. Still, I see a bright future for our team. Horstink, Bontje and Kooistra all are having a good season.

• Robert Horstink immediately stopped participating this NT-season --> his wife has a difficult (complicated) pregnancy at the moment and because of that he doesn't want to be long time away from home.

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=3459

Headcoach Peter Blangé says it's a big loss for NT, but he sees still good opportunities with the other players for ECQ and WL.

I share his opinion. Dick Kooy now gets a huge opportunity to show himself!

• I thought that Bontje and Koistra are the stars :read:

• Naah Horstink is the star, I agree. Kooistra nad abontje are close seconds.

Yeah Horstink really loves his wife... like obviously otherwise he wouldn't marry her, but really, as far as I can tell those two would do anything for each other.

I'm not worried about them qualifying though, they'll bounce back, don't worry. The team is more than strong enough.