Transfer news 2010/11

• Could anybody tell me more about these players? Especially Toobal, who is an anonymous player in Poland?

And hi everyone, because it's my first message here ;)

Toobal was a backup for Pujol in Poitiers back in 2004-2005.
    Then he moved to Ajaccio (in pro B) in 2005-2006.

So when he came back - as a joker for Brice Donat - to St Quentin this season, he was really considered as an average setter.
    But he did a great season, and when Brice Donat recovered from injury, the coach kept Toobal as the starting setter.
    This eventually lead to some problem in the club because Brice Donat's father is ... The president of the club.
    So, the coach is leaving/being fired and St Quentin is not trying to keep Kert Toobal despite his good season.

Toobal is 1,90 m tall and 30.

Samuele Tuia is a very powerfull french international (1,95m - 95 kg) born in Wallis island . He started volleyball rather lately but quickly became good enough to came in France in the federal formation center.
    He made his professionnal debut with Rennes, and then moved to Cannes.

• News from Paris:

According to "Le parisien" (newspaper from Paris), Ondrej Boula (Czech setter from Poitiers) and Enrique Escalante (Puerto-Rican middle blocker) have been recruited by the team for next season.

• joao bravo from piacenza to arkasspor

• Brasilian League news -

A new team was created in Campinas, over the eyes of former setter of Brazil Nt Maurício, that is the one responsable. - CAMPINAS/MEDLEY, with the end of Brasil Volei Clube, Campinas/Medley come to get this place.
    They already signed with setter Daniel, that was in SESI, the OH Wanderson and middle blocker Andre Heller from Minas.

The market in Brasil is crazy, a lot of changes...Cimed is loosing a lot of players, cause there were a rumor of the team changing city cause they would loose sponsor and so on, but the city of Florianópolis already sad that they want to keep with Cimed team there. This indefinition made players sign with other clubs...Thiago Alvez signed with SESI and Lucão with Vôlei Futuro, that will have Ricardinho as setter next season.

Pinheiros brought young Oh Marurício, from Minas and kept Giba

• Last news from France:

In Poitiers:
    US international outside hitter Paul Lotman did not take his option for a second season in Poitiers, he wants to have a possibility to leave for Italy, but he also is agreed to negotiate a new contract with Poitiers on a new basis. (so he's available but not necessarily leaving).
    Czech setter Ondrej Boula (leaving for Paris) would be replaced by Portuguese international Nuno Pinheiro (from Beauvais).
    Former french international outside hitter Sébastien Frangolacci is leaving to Rennes.

In Tours :
    Czech international middle blocker Ales Holubec, is leaving for Nantes (champion of ligue B). The move might look surprising but might be explained because his girlfriend just signed a contract with the female team of Nantes. (in Nanates he will also join two other Czech players and a czech coach.)
    Fellow middle blocker Hervé Boulc'h might also join Nantes because his own girlfriend (a basketball professional player) also signed with the team here.
    Tours don't want to announce the new roster before the end of the season, but many people are saying the team is going to be great, and the staff is really satisfied about it.

• Gert Van Walle will play in Italy (Treviso) next season...i think that he can be one of the best OPP in the future..Matthijs Verhanneman should play there too...he has quality to play in Italy Russia Turkey Poland...

• Since the season is over, Tours announced most of the moves for next season:

- Rafael Redwitz (Resovia Rzeszów) is about to signed a 3 season contract with Tours.
    - Bogdan Olteanu (Almeria) signed a 1 season contract.
    - French international outside hitter Loïc Geiler (Cannes) signed a 1 season contract.
    - French international middle blocker Jean-Stéphane Tolar (Tourcoing) signed a 1 season contract.
    - the third MB would be young french Horacio d'Almeida (Asnières - pro B).
    - Earvin Ngapeth will be in the team for one more season.
    - Loïc De Kergret (40) signed for one more season.
    - Swan Ngapeth (Earvin's little brother) will turn pro and be the 4th outside hitter. (he was already a member of the club).
    - Petr Konecny should sign a new contract but it's not made already.

- David Konecny had already signed a 1 season extension.
    - Alexis Gonzalez was still under contract. (one season remaining)

The team is still lacking a young opposite (more as a 12th for training than as a real backup).

• Armel, i know that volleyball is not popular in France, but you have a nice league...Does the teams in france pays well for volley players?? Because Gromadowski, Rouzier, Pujol and others (now Rafael Redwitz leaves Poland to go to France) are good players and should have better options if France league don't pay well...I'm just curious..rsrs

• I really like the French league, good quality league and every season, lots of interesting transfers.

I heard that one of the starting outside hitters of Paris 2 seasons ago got like 70,000 Euro for the season and that the best ones get a bit over 120,000 Euro

• Gert Van Walle will play in Italy (Treviso) next season...i think that he can be one of the best OPP in the future..Matthijs Verhanneman should play there too...he has quality to play in Italy Russia Turkey Poland...

True, Van Walle signed 3-year contract with Treviso. Next season, most likely, he will be borrowed to another Italian team.
    http://www.volleyball.it/redaz…ewArticle&articleId=55148

Verhanneman stays in Roeselare, at least one more season.

• Armel, i know that volleyball is not popular in France, but you have a nice league...Does the teams in france pays well for volley players?? Because Gromadowski, Rouzier, Pujol and others (now Rafael Redwitz leaves Poland to go to France) are good players and should have better options if France league don't pay well...I'm just curious..rsrs

The french league is paying.
    There's not been any problem with a team not paying its player since many, many years. I think that some players prefer to get less as far as they are sure they'll get it!
    It's not paying bad, but it can't pay as much as Russia, Italy or even Poland.
    Redwitz won't get as much in Tours as he was getting in Poland, or that he could expect somewhere else.
    Then , top french teams are taking part into the Champion's league. Many players agree to get a little less paid in Tours or Paris because they'll get IECL exposure. Gromadowski was probably not making much in Paris than in Italian A2. But it was an opportunity for him to show off.
    An other important thing, is that many french cities are good places to make a living. Some former foreign players became coach, raised their kids in France , and sometimes became french themselves. Even for only a handful of season, players prefer to live under the fair french climax than ... Say the Russian one !

And about Redwitz, his wife is french. So that's probably a reason why he might choose smaller wages but live in France.

I really like the French league, good quality league and every season, lots of interesting transfers.

I heard that one of the starting outside hitters of Paris 2 seasons ago got like 70,000 Euro for the season and that the best ones get a bit over 120,000 Euro

Yes, that's more or less what Nikolov got when he was in Tours.
    De Kergret was probably around this as well back then.

• B. Moreira, I have two questions to you (or sb else from Brazil). I heard that Vissotto may come back to Brazilian league next season, is it true? And tell me please what do you think about the level of Brazilian league? Could you compare it with best European leagues? There is a big Brazilian volley fan on the biggest Polish volleyball forum and he said that this league is as good as Italian or maybe even better, so I want to know the opinion of sb else.

Some news form Poland:
    Resovia is negotiating with Paweł Zagumny, they are very determined to sign him. There are also some rumours that Skra is interested in him. If Resovia sign him, Redwitz will go to Tours, if not, he will probably stay in Rzeszów. They are also looking for foreign opposite because Oivanen has problems with health (especially knees and back) and he may not stand next hard season. Abramov have a very good offer from Novosibirk so he will probably leave Jastrzębie. They are looking for his successor, I read somewhere that it can be Luis Diaz. Świderski will probably come back to Kędzierzyn, but there are also some rumours that he may sign with Resovia or Jastrzębie.

• B. Moreira, I have two questions to you (or sb else from Brazil). I heard that Vissotto may come back to Brazilian league next season, is it true? And tell me please what do you think about the level of Brazilian league? Could you compare it with best European leagues? There is a big Brazilian volley fan on the biggest Polish volleyball forum and he said that this league is as good as Italian or maybe even better, so I want to know the opinion of sb else.

I think Cimed got killed a the world championships at the beginning of this year. I don't remember whether they played Trento, but I do remember no one being anywhere near them in that tournament (not even Kazan).

• All i can say is that our league is one of the best of the world...i think this year we had 7 teams, with a high level, that can be champion...Here in Brazil we have a lot of good players, and some of them is still young but already played 2 or 3 Superligas.. so it's not dificult to make a good team.. For example, Mauricio who was MVP of Junior World Championship, played 3 seasons (as a started, with Andre Nascimento, Henrique, Andre Heller, Salmon) and he is only 21..so he has a lot of experience..but he is still young and needs to improve...this season he will play with Giba, Gustavo, Rodrigao..

I think that Cimed, Cruzeiro, Minas, Pinheiros, Sesi, Volei Futuro (this season Volei futuro will have Ricardinho, Lucao and they will announce other names, maybe Dante, Vissotto, or other great names, only speculation) can do a great match with any team of Europe..If they will win or not i can not say but i our teams are really strong..

About Cimed, the formula of World Championship was very bad for the team...the MBs (Lucao e Eder) were the main force of this team and without them they could not do a good job...and Bruninho said that this championship was the biggest dissapointment this year..they just could not play well..This year Cimed, Pinheiros or Montes Claros can go to World Championship..so i hope they will do a better job..

Sorry if i wrote a lot..

Some news form Poland:
    Resovia is negotiating with Paweł Zagumny, they are very determined to sign him. There are also some rumours that Skra is interested in him. If Resovia sign him, Redwitz will go to Tours, if not, he will probably stay in Rzeszów. They are also looking for foreign opposite because Oivanen has problems with health (especially knees and back) and he may not stand next hard season. Abramov have a very good offer from Novosibirk so he will probably leave Jastrzębie. They are looking for his successor, I read somewhere that it can be Luis Diaz. Świderski will probably come back to Kędzierzyn, but there are also some rumours that he may sign with Resovia or Jastrzębie.

I can say Brazilian league's level is quite similar to Italian one's. First or second level in the world. There are 7 or 8 teams very strong over here regarding last season. Anyway I think it is kind of difficult thing to talk about. This comparesion is really a tough subject.
    What it comes to Visotto I would say... whatever. Perhaps he may be coming back but Visotto wasn't that good when he used to play over here. Quite the contrary his performances sometimes were embarassing! When he was called up by Bernardo everybody laughed as hell. Nowadays we must agree he's doing his job quite good but I still don't like his game.

• Mikko Oivanen and Todor Aleksiev are going to Istanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Mikko Oivanen (...) are going to Istanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi.

Where did you get this news from? It is some rumour, isn't it? I haven't heard anything about it yet.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• 2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: