Bernardinho asks sorry for the defeat in WCH

• Coach Bernardinho asked sorry for the defeat against Bulgaria in WCH.

He gave an interview to a magazine in Brazil called "Alfa" that has not been released yet, but a site in Brasil had acess to some of the things he says in the interview, that is..

Bernardinho: "I wanted to ask sorry to people. If you ask me if I'm proud, I'll tel: no way. It goes against everything I always preached, the principles that I believe."

Acording to the site globo.com, in the interview Bernardinho also says that he hide himself from his father, cause of how ashamed he was for what happened, and reviewed that the capitan of Bulgaria team told Giba that they would go inside court to loose the game.

Bernardinho continued: "We had to take a road, but its a road that I do not want to take again."

Searched by the site, Bernardinho said that will only comment about the interview and everything, after the magazine been released, cause he wanna make sure that the magazine was faitfull to his words.

source: globo.com - http://globoesporte.globo.com/…eria-pedir-desculpas.html

And that is why I simply love Bernardinho.....people can make a wrong decision in their lifes. But only a good person is open to admit the mistake, and be regred it about it. I'm proud of Bernardinho atitude now, and have to say a bit releaf, cause I always knew he was a good guy, and that atitude in WCH was not like him at all. :heart:

• thats not fair, i mean you can be rational when the circumstances are required to be like that, i respect that, i dont care what Brazil did in WC, but you can't be irrational and ethical person again when there is no prize left to gain,
    if he would have said "ok that was not the greatest moment of my career, but it was the right thing to do, thats life, thats how it works, so I'm sorry how everything has ocurred, but like i said it was the right choice for my team and for my country" instead of that insincere sort of apologize which is mainly purposed to save the day, and to gain a little sympathy, he would have earned some respect from me,

Everyone can talk about ethics but it is more important to act when it comes the moment, and if you aren't able to succeed to overcome that one, then it is over, you cant reverse the situation to talk about ethics again, thats a lifetime one, not a periodic mistake in your life, maybe if the same scenario happen in future and he acts contrarily, then that day we might buy his preaches again..

• It didn't work for me... and then we barely saw the magazine report and Bernardo pulled a "Bernardo" one.

He just came with "the defeat wasn't planned" and "how could I motivate my players for that game" and "a bulgarin player talked to Giba before the game and told him Bulgaria wouldn't play to win".

Guess what Bernardo, you are the coach!!! Aren't you the one refered as a role model for coaches here in Brazil? Telling you didn't know how to motivate your players is a big b*sh*t. And blaming Bulgaria didn't make things better. Way to go Bernardo!!! You never cease to surprise me and unfortunately this is not a compliment.

• honestly I dont think in any moment he blame Bulgaria, on the other hand he assumed all the responsability...did you see him yesterday in ESPN interview?

He said that had a vote in teh team....4 or 5 vote to go inside game with first team, the reporter then said, so you lost the voting....he said, dont matter, I take all responsability, cause if I wanted I could put the team I rpefered inside court. I liked the interview yesterday he was very grounded and honest in his words.

Honestly...well...I follow bernaridnho 12 years already now....I had the chance to see him many times live, and talk to him sometimes....I saw he take a lot of decision.....and I honestly believe in him right now. actually this sounds much more like him, then the decision Brasil team made in WCH.

Anything will erase what happened....of course, and I dont think he wanna do that. He is simply asumming he made a mistake and asking sorry for it, and I think that is something to be admired. He could just let go, even if you considering that here in Brasil more then 70% of people aproved what they did! So for him would be easier to just let it go.

But anyone has the right to take your own conclusions...all is based in teh fact if you believe or not in his words right now, if you doubt or not his intensions....well, I take the principle to give a chance to people. If they say something I like believing it, specially if I cant prove the other way. So ...I believe him.

I'll try to find the hole interview from ESPN, and put it here, so anyone can make your won conclusions...

• Everything I said is in UOL. Here's the link

http://esporte.uol.com.br/vole…da-e-critica-revista.jhtm

I'm not here to change yours or anyone else opinion. The same way you don't support our women's national team I don't support Bernardo's decision. I'm not telling he's a bad man 'cause I don't believe in that at all. But it's not from today I find he's annoying in so many things and interviews.

What I like to state is that he's the coach. I just don't buy the whole "oh the team decided that". He's the coach for God's sake and if he feels something isn't right he should have avoided that and not be like "I didn't support but the team chose that way". I'm sure he always has the last word so if he let this thing happen he's to be blamed as well as much as FIVB, FIPAV, players...

This is the 2nd time Brazil did that. The first one many don't talk about but it happened in Athens 2004 for USA. Some players said they agreed to lose on purpose and Bernardo agreed. Bernardo is a great coach. I used to like him a lot but I lost some respect for him since Athens. A lot more because of Ricardinho and just like you someone really close to him said things to me that made me lost a lot of respect for him. And now I added this WC to my list.

It's great he apologized but then again at the same time he's all about excuses which makes things even worse. No matter what he says or do things won't change. And our male NT is an awesome team but unfortunately 1 OG and 1 WC will always have a black spot on it.

• Honestly I dont like Uol reports, they are more worrie din making polemics then the truth, but I respect your view....

like I said, everyhting is based if you (by you I mean people) believe or not in his words and intention right now ^^ I do, but I respect the fact that you dont ;) :drink:

Just a small PS....about Athnes, I saw Nalbert talking about it lately, cause people compared the situation, and he said is completely different situation, he said they decided to go with bench team that game, cause they didnt wanna give information of the team to US team in a game that has no importance...but again, it is up to everyone to believe or not in their intention and Nalbert words...^^

• Honestly I dont like Uol reports, they are more worrie din making polemics then the truth, but I respect your view....

like I said, everyhting is based if you (by you I mean people) believe or not in his words and intention right now ^^ I do, but I respect the fact that you dont ;) :drink:

Just a small PS....about Athnes, I saw Nalbert talking about it lately, cause people compared the situation, and he said is completely different situation, he said they decided to go with bench team that game, cause they didnt wanna give information of the team to US team in a game that has no importance...but again, it is up to everyone to believe or not in their intention and Nalbert words...^^

I don't doubt Nalbert words but this is the half truth. The other half is Brazil wanted to lose so they would face weaker opponents. Giovanne said the whole team talked and agreed about it. He didn't need to say that, you just need to watch the game and realize in the end of the sets Brazil was giving free points. It was even funny cause they were scoring even when they weren't wanting and Rodrigao was looking like "cmon I can't believe we scored like this". If Brazil wanted to win that game with their bench players they would...
    So I'm sorry... but once again those seems like excuses to me. I can somehow agree Brazil don't wanting to show their game even though what was left to hide? But to me, this whole "lets hide our game" is still a way to hide their intention to lose the game.

On a side note I just love our players. They are smart and they know what to say without lying. :P