Aleh Akhrem got a Polish passport.

• Aleh Akhrem, captain of Belarusian NT and reciever of polish club- Asseco Resovia got a polish passport. Aleh decided about it himself. It was his own decision.
    It's seems like now Resovia won't have any problems with foreigners on the court...uhm...anyways congrats to Alek!!!! :)

• It's good information for Resovia but I hope he will not play in polish NT although some polish fan dream that he and Yudin will play in our national team. It's a very interesting that people and officials like our Volleyball Federation President Miroslaw Przedpełski (He has a nickname The Tanned Man look on his photo :D ) that claim polish volleyball is strong and has a great future in the some time go to bat for his passport because they think he might play in polish national team. They also have fun because in italian NT played some players with Italian as second nationality (Zlatanov, Simeonov, Zaytsev Baranowcz, Lasko) s and hope polish officials will do the same

• so Alek is one of us now :D congratulation :)
    it's a good news for Resovia now Millar can play without any problems

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• It's good information for Resovia but I hope he will not play in Polish NT

He certainly won't. I heard there is some kind of shock in Belarus, that Akhrem's got Polish citizenship. He is Belarusian, a captain of NT of Belarus. He know they would treat him like a traitor, if he played in Polish NT. And probably he would have some break, cause I believe it is not possible to play for another NT immediately.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• He certainly won't. I heard there is some kind of shock in Belarus, that Akhrem's got Polish citizenship. He is Belarusian, a captain of NT of Belarus. He know they would treat him like a traitor, if he played in Polish NT. And probably he would have some break, cause I believe it is not possible to play for another NT immediately.

True, he would have to stop playing with Belarus for 2 years before playing with Poland.
    I don't know if he wants to play for polish NT someday, maybe he does, maybe he just wanted to be able to play in Polish clubs, and in good ones. (maybe even getting better wages ?) Having polish citizenship also enable him to get a UE passport which may help him play (or work) in other UE country someday.

• True, he would have to stop playing with Belarus for 2 years before playing with Poland.
    I don't know if he wants to play for polish NT someday, maybe he does, maybe he just wanted to be able to play in Polish clubs, and in good ones. (maybe even getting better wages ?) Having polish citizenship also enable him to get a UE passport which may help him play (or work) in other UE country someday.

I know about this aspects and about 2 years break that he would have to make to play in polish NT.But check polish forums people think that he will play in NT just in ECH 2011 and some of them really think Yudin one day will be member of polish NT because in they opinion he waste his talent in australian NT I just protest against this I've nothing against giving him second nationality to play in polish clubs. It common practice in Serie A1 many well-known players got italian as second nationality. I would add this is a future for foreigners in polish league if we would extend polish league because we dont have enough polish players and most of them are overpaid

• Yeah he is the one-man army of the Belarusian team :( Now he can't play for them anymore. Yeah Polish National team don't necessarily need player like him, they have enough strong and talented players on his position, none of them are as strong as he is in my opinion though (all round wise), but just by a little bit. Winiarsky perhaps is when he's playng well actually. Surprising action anyway, specially since he hasn't been playing in the Polish league for that long.

• Yeah he is the one-man army of the Belarusian team :( Now he can't play for them anymore.

Why? Nobody said he wouldn't play for Belarus anymore. I'm sure he will.

The most important 3:

• Its a pity I hoped he would come to Russia to play in some club where he wont be found as foreigner but he probably decided to spend his life in Poland. Does he have polish wife? He is player with potential and we lack these kind of players in weaker Superligue teams. I would also found him a good player to sit a bench on Dynamo Moscow nad be a reserve for Veres and Dante.

• Oh yeah, he can still play for Belarus? That's good then. Personally I'd pick him over either Veres or Dante. He's better at finishing high balls and doens't need a quick set to score.

• People undervaluated Veres because he is noname for many people but he was the best receiver for last 2 season over Priddy, Dante, Giba, Tetukhine (?). He is really good in attack but I am really happy he plays for Dynamo

• Does he have polish wife?

There are Poles in his wife family (one or even both parents).

The most important 3:

• There are Poles in his wife family (one or even both parents).

Both.
    I'm preety sure, that Akhrem's ambitions reach higher than Dynamo Moscow's bench.
    I'm also sure, that he won't leave Belarussian national team, and I'm happy with it, cause in NT case there should be the same rule as in football, which means that you decide which country you want to represent once for your whole life. Aleh decided, became a captain his national team, so it would be really strange if he left it.
    I'm not really happy that this situation occured, but now we can't do anything, but to wish good luck to Akhrem.

• People undervaluated Veres because he is noname for many people but he was the best receiver for last 2 season over Priddy, Dante, Giba, Tetukhine (?). He is really good in attack but I am really happy he plays for Dynamo

Yeah no disrespect, I think Veres is an exceptional player from what I've seen :)

• Why? Nobody said he wouldn't play for Belarus anymore. I'm sure he will.

I thought the same, but Aleh (now Olieg?) wants play for Poland. Here is a part of interview with him:

My goal is to play in the Polish national team
    Only few foreign players playing in Poland decide to take such a step? Why such a decision and what dictated it?
    - I always liked Poland. You have here a very similar mentality and way of life. I feel at home here. In Belarus, I often watched on television Polish volleyball, and dreamed to play in the Polish team or your national team. I'm happy that I got that chance and became a Polish citizen. Now it's time for another goal, which is playing in the Polish national team. I hope that someday my dream will come true.
    (...)
    In the Belarus team you were the leader and ware the basis of its strength. The strength of the Polish team lies in teamwork. Are you not afraid of changing in the role?
    - This can be determined in such a way that Belarus will always be important to me because I was born and raised there. But now I have more ambition and they are not only concerned with making money. I want to achieve something in private life and sports, so that looking back, to be ashamed of nothing. Poland is an ideal place to fulfill those plans. I know that the Polish team is a strong team, but I want to play with the best. Unfortunately, not everything depends on me. But we will not do a lot of buzz around that, Aleh Akhrem is going to represent the Polish national team. This is just the beginning and within two years, many things can change.

Whole interview: http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…ra-w-reprezentacji-polski

Several conditions must be met for a player to play for Poland. We must pay 15 000 euros into the account of FIVB and wait for two years for a change in the national team. Sometimes there are exceptions to this rule - if the player changes the representation, to play at the Olympic Games of the sentence may be reduced. This should be seen as Aleh Akhrem’s chance, although he will still have to come to terms with the Belarusian federation, and they was already outraged when volleyball player applied for citizenship in our country.

http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…-zalozyc-koszulke-z-orlem

• Wow that's weird...It would be great to have him in our NT 'cause he's obviously amazing player. I really like Alek and I wish him all the best, but...honestly I have mixed feelings about this whole situation... :huh:

• Poland is giving away those passports like candies :D lol