Peter Blangé immediately away as headcoach Dutch NT

• Today the Dutch Federation announced Peter Blangé leaves his position as NT-headcoach. According to the federation-website. the federation and Blangé 'separated in good coöperation'

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4067

please use google translate ;)

• This volleyball generation is doomed :( I hope Horstink and all the other strong players will play in European League one last time, so we can at least win one prize with this team :(

• This was the best decision. Peter Blange could not reach any good result. Netherlands is out of ECH 2011, WL 2011, and did not participate in WCH 2010. He did not a good work with NT.

I hope they can hire an experience coach because Netherlands has some talent players. A team with Horstink, Kooy, Bontje, kooistra is not weak.

• Who is the new coach of Dutch NT???

It is still unknown officially. According to strong rumors, there was a shortlist of 4 options....

1. Edwin Benne (former NT-player, and former coach of Schweriner SC)

2. Ronald Zoodsma (former NT-player, current coach of Lycurgus Groningen)

3. Guido Vermeulen, coach of Spanish female NT

4. duo Vital Heijnen (coach Noliko Maaseik) and Redbad Strikwerda (coach Dynamo Apeldoorn). They are good friends.

option 4 (Heijnen/Strikwerda) is first choice for the current players. Heijnen worked with many NT-players in Maaseik (Horstink, van Dijk, and now Maan, van Harskamp, Klapwijk) . Strikwerda worked in the past with Rauwerdink, Kooistra, Horstink, Maan...in Apeldoorn.

If I would bet, I would put my money on that option :)

• This option with Heijnen/Strikwerda would be great. Heijnen is a good coach and has experience. And i think that's what Netherland needs. They have young players and sometimes they seems to be a little lost. A good coach can help to bring them back to the top teams.

Guido Vermeulen seems to be a good coach too. I remeber him in ECh 09.

Thanks flyingdutchman. :win:

• This option with Heijnen/Strikwerda would be great. Heijnen is a good coach and has experience. And i think that's what Netherland needs. They have young players and sometimes they seems to be a little lost. A good coach can help to bring them back to the top teams.

Guido Vermeulen seems to be a good coach too. I remeber him in ECh 09.

Thanks flyingdutchman. :win:

You're welcome ;) Yes, I think Heijnen is the perfect candidate. I hope that option will come true :drink:

• Yeah thanks for the news. I think Benne and Zoodsma are decent, but they'd be a lesser version of Blangé in my opinion. I think the other two options would bring something new and different to the table. And especially Vital Heijnen and Strikwerde both have somewhat driven / firey characters, which is something that the NT lacks right now. I myself am a big fan of being calm and relaxed and I think Blangé developed quite a lot of this over the years as well... but this team just seems to lack the will to win a bit (as much as I hate saying that).

Vital Heijnen also played with Freriks when he was at Maaseik btw.

• Edwin Benne´s contract with 2nd league team Augsburg ends after this season. I´ve heard, that he will indeed be the new head coach for the Dutch NT.

• Edwin Benne´s contract with 2nd league team Augsburg ends after this season. I´ve heard, that he will indeed be the new head coach for the Dutch NT.

shit

• shit

In an interview from March 13, Benne said, that he was asked by the Dutch Volleyball Federation, if he wants to be the coach of the Dutch NT.
    When asked, that there are also plans to have him coach Augsburg in the Bundesliga, he said that being the coach of his home country and the team, in which he himself played successfully for many years, is a stunner and also a great challenge. But it´s not definite yet.
    After a long conversation with Mr. Habib, Benne said, he was finally allowed to fly to the Netherlands on Monday, March 14, to begin negotiations.

http://djk-hochzoll-volleyball.de/?p=6114 Here´s the interview. It´s in german.

Here´s my thoughts: First, i have to say, that i was informed by a 2nd league scout, that Benne wil be the new coach of the Dutch NT. After reading this interview and the words FINALLY ALLOWED, i´m pretty sure, Benne wants to quit in Augsburg, as i always had the feeling he was never happy there, coaching only a 2nd league team.

• Though I respect Benne's career as a player and coach so far, he is not my favorite choice..I hope Vital Heijnen/Redbad Strikwerda will be the headcoach-duo for Dutch NT.

We will see in near weeks..

• To be honest, i couldn´t care less, who the new coach will be. I just wanted to share my thoughts and what i´ve heard and read. Anyway, let´s hope for you guys, there will be a solution you all can live with :)

• To be honest, i couldn´t care less, who the new coach will be. I just wanted to share my thoughts and what i´ve heard and read. Anyway, let´s hope for you guys, there will be a solution you all can live with :)

Ofcourse, I understand your point of view :win:

• McDamn; it's Benne.... I can't wait to see what this will bring. At least just get Horstink back please, I don't ask for anything else.

• Indeed....

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4244 -----> Edwin Benne is new headcoach of Dutch NT...

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4246 ---> Henk Jan Held will be assistant-coach....

I'm not happy with this news :(

Technical Director Bert Goedkoop explained why the federation chooses for Benne: We were searching for a headcoach the players need, not a headcoach, the players want themselves... :wall: :thumbdown: The players' first choice was Vital Heijnen/Redbad Strikwerda...

@ Raven

You were right :win:

• Dutch NT needs now an experienced coach who is a peoples-manaer/good communicator....to recover the destroyed perosnal relations with some players, caused by 'dicatator' Blangé...

Benne left Schwerin after troubles with players and management...further he is unexperienced as a headcoach...

Sidenote: maybe we just have to deal with this solution...if you want a top-coach --> eventually it's all about the money... and the Dutch Federation has no money... :S