Polish NT 2011

• Good luck in Poland Andrea! Force those lazy guys to work! :super: I gotta feeling...that upcoming season is going to be really interesting ;)

• Everything always changes, that much is certain

• Yeah :) But the relief ! Anastasi it the best choice. Certainly better than choice Nawrocki on the coach Polish NT...I'm interested who will be assistant. Or will it continue to Stelmach..

• And already known :) Assistant is Andrea Gardini. Probably Alojzy Świderek will be in coaching staff :) "I like it" haha :D

• Andrea Gardini = cool

• Castellani: Poland -> Finland
    Berruto: Finland -> Italy
    Anastasi: Italy -> Poland

so after OG 2012 Castellani should go to Italy, Berruto to Poland and Anastasi to Finland ;)

Like I said- nothing will change :D

• Poland’s coach Andrea Anastasi: “I want to travel all over this country which is totally fond of Volleyball”
    Andrea Anastasi, who was recently appointed to head Poland’s men’s national team up to the 2012 Olympics in London, is currently spending some time in Brazil to get some insights from the work of the local Volleyball coaches. He is supposed to travel to Poland next February 20 for a short stay and then will be back for a longer period in order to meet all the players included in the national team and have a personal talk with the guys.

You found out that you have been named to coach the men’s national team of Poland while being in Brazil. Are you taking a rest or working at the moment?
    I went to Brazil for two weeks, in order to have a close look at the games of the local Superleague and learn from coaches that are certainly better than me. I have spent several days in the club Sada Cruzeiro, which is currently ranked third in the national league and where my dear friend Giovani Foppa is coaching. I attended their games and training sessions, especially to get more information about their methods. I also had the possibility to visit Sao Paulo and spend some time there at the seaside”.

When will you come to Poland?
    I had planned my visit to Brazil much earlier, well before the negotiations with Poland were finalized. Otherwise, I would have come to your country exactly on the day where the decision was announced. I will make it to Poland next February 20 for a press conference and stay there a few days to get in touch with some people. We will also discuss all details related to my work with the national team and identify my possible assistants.

Will you stay longer to learn more about the players and make some first decisions?
    I do not know if this will be the case already for my first visit or for a second journey. Fortunately, Poland is close to Italy and it takes a bit more than one hour to travel to Warsaw by plane. If it is necessary, I will come every weekend. For sure I will travel all over Poland and look closer at the players - all of them without any exception, not only the ones who have been already representing the national team. I know you have had a long and a tough season and the players are overtired. Therefore, before I make any decisions I would like to speak personally with each one about his health and usefulness in the national team, because the national team season will be tough too, we need players who are healthy, rested (at least partly) and willing to cooperate.

What about those less willing to cooperate, but some very necessary ones? Several Volleyball players have already indicated they want to take a break from the national team.
    I am going to talk to them personally too. Being tired and having the desire to enjoy some rest is a problem that does not affect only Poland. In Italy I had similar situation and somehow I managed to cope with it. I have never experienced the situation where a player refused to participate in a tournament that was crucial for the country or for the national team. I am sure we will come to an agreement.

In the Polish press rumors are spreading around about the composition of the coaching staff. Will you invite Andrea Gardini to cooperate with you once again?
    As of today, I haven't made any decision about this item yet. I was working with Gardini in Italy, I appreciate his competency and I would like to continue our cooperation, however, I did not say he will surely be a member of the coaching staff in Poland. I will discuss this issue with the Polish Volleyball Federation and we will decide together. The same refers to the local collaborators.

The Polish Volleyball Federation has set conditions that are very difficult to fulfill – to get a medal in the next edition of the FIVB World League and the promotion to the 2012 Olympic Games. Did you really accept them?
    Yes, that is true. I accepted those conditions and I will do my best to fulfill all of them. If I did not have faith in the potential and possibility to achieve these goals, I would not have signed any contract with Poland. I realize the importance of Volleyball in Poland and I know the expectations are really high. In Italy we had the same situation. To work as a coach is a constant risk and you never know how it is going to end up. Beside this, I would also like to participate in the Olympic Games, as I dream to stand on the podium again. If I manage to instill that desire and belief to the players, we can make it there as well”.
    CEV

• i don't know where to write about this but according to this ---->http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…gorocznym-pucharze-swiata
    Polish male NT has been promised a wild card for wordl cup later this year if the won't qualify from European championships :S
    i don't know what to think about it, well i'm kinda happy but from the other side i dunno how it will affect the players if they know they will have a chance to earn the Olimpic spot in November(??) before the season has even started. and it is ANOTHER wc for Poland which might be a little annoying for other countries which were better recently

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• i don't know where to write about this but according to this ---->http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…gorocznym-pucharze-swiata
    Polish male NT has been promised a wild card for wordl cup later this year if the won't qualify from European championships :S
    i don't know what to think about it, well i'm kinda happy but from the other side i dunno how it will affect the players if they know they will have a chance to earn the Olimpic spot in November(??) before the season has even started. and it is ANOTHER wc for Poland which might be a little annoying for other countries which were better recently

I like Polish tem a lot but i think it's not fair with the others. All NT will have to work hard to be in World Cup and have chance to be in OG. It's easier to qualify to OG in World CUp than in European Qualification.

• I really hope our team will qualify from ECh. I'm getting sick of all those wild cards... :pinch:

• List 25 players for World League announced some weeks ago.

A new roster is without 5 names: Damian Wojtaszek, Patryk Czarnowski, Wojciech Ferens, Łukasz Wiśniewski and Grzegorz Łomacz.

• What about Zagumny, Wlazly, Plinski, Winiarski, Gacek ?( Retired, conflict with headcoach, injured ?(

• most of them are tired after really long and tiring season so they got break to cure injuries. they won't play in WL neither they will play in ECH. they will all come back for world cup later this season.

team is really young again but i hope those players can show better volleyball than in previous years keeping in mind that the finals are in Poland so it would be cool to show something during group phase to attract the fans. i think we all should take a closer look at Michal Kubiak he is absolutly kick ass and he is the only polish player who can jump serve without making 1000000 errors :drink: he can be a star of this team upcoming season :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• team is really young again but i hope those players can show better volleyball than in previous years keeping in mind that the finals are in Poland so it would be cool to show something during group phase to attract the fans. i think we all should take a closer look at Michal Kubiak he is absolutly kick ass and he is the only polish player who can jump serve without making 1000000 errors :drink: he can be a star of this team upcoming season :)

Agree with no hestitating. I hope this young team handles the pressure and Anastasi will help our boys to succeed. We need ranking points this season :teach:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Agree with no hestitating. I hope this young team handles the pressure and Anastasi will help our boys to succeed. We need ranking points this season :teach:

YEAH! Fingers crossed - shame MIchal is not 200 cm tall, then he would be proper kiss ass 2 after Kurek and we would have nice young receivers on the court, but soon MIKA will join them :P Can wait for WL - Lodz and Katowice are waiting :) Looking forward to it

• OH MY GOD. SWIDERSKI IS BACK!!!

The news on pzps.pl:http://www.pzps.pl/Reprezentac…-zgrupowanie-w-Spale.html
    there will be a friendly match against France on Aug 18&19, and on the squad list, I just find him!

Trener reprezentacji Polski w siatkówce mężczyzn Andrea Anastasi powołał kadrę narodową na zgrupowanie, które rozpocznie się 25 lipca w Ośrodku Przygotowań Olimpijskich COS w Spale i zakończy 13 sierpnia. 18 i 19 sierpnia reprezentacja Polski rozegra w Ostrowcu Świętokrzyskim dwa mecze z Francją.

Kadra Polski na zgrupowanie w Spale: rozgrywający - Łukasz Żygadło, Paweł Woicki, Fabian Drzyzga; atakujący - Jakub Jarosz, Zbigniew Bartman, Piotr Gruszka; środkowi - Marcin Możdżonek, Grzegorz Kosok, Piotr Nowakowski, Patryk Czarnowski, Karol Kłos: przyjmujący - Bartosz Kurek, Michał Bąkiewicz, Mateusz Mika, Michał Ruciak, Sebastian Świderski, Michał Kubiak; libero - Paweł Zatorski, Krzysztof Ignaczak.

Did I misunderstand something? I'm really glad to see him again!

• Maybe in english, right?

Setters: Zygadlo, Woicki, Drzyzga
    Middle Blockers: Kosok, Nowakowski, Klos, Czarnowski, Mozdzonek
    Outside Hitters: Kubiak, Swiderski, Ruciak, Kurek, Bakiewicz, Mika
    Opposite Players: Gruszka, Bartman, Jarosz
    Libero: Ignaczak, Zatorski

Happy for Swiderski and Czarnowski. Good to now, that Patryk is healthly now, and Sebastian is ready to play. I think, that when he will be in his the best form, he can be better than Bakiewicz, who didn't deserved for play in the NT. Drzyzga MUST be in NT, we don't have better young setter than him, he must play, he must. What about Plinski and the rest? They still don't want to play?

This team will play with France in friendly matches(18 and 19 August, Ostrowiec Swietokrzyski).