Polish NT 2011

• bella can u explain this? I know how Kurek is important to Poland but for God sake he doesnt have cancer (thank God) so I dont understand such paranoia :what: it's just back pain, more than usual injury in volleyball. He'll be ok for WC ;)

Man, is something wrong in supporting my favorite? I don't get it why it cares you so much who and how I support.

• Latest news: Kurek will play in Japan.
    http://www.siatkowka24.com/rep…603-kurek-zagra-w-japonii
    google tells me the illness is healed. I hope it's the truth.

Nothing wrong at all but he has minor injury,will be fit very soon. Not like Ananiev or even worse illness or injury. Typical exaggeration

Easy. :) Leave out the emotional words. At the beginning we had no idea how serious was Kurek's injury. We feel sorry for every injured player, no matter how much they suffered.

• Latest news: Kurek will play in Japan.
    http://www.siatkowka24.com/rep…603-kurek-zagra-w-japonii
    google tells me the illness is healed. I hope it's the truth.

I guess we'll be a hundred percent sure after today's match 'cause Andrea said that Bartek will play today against Czechs ;) Guys from our team also said that with Bartek is everything alright and they're glad. Igła said that during the training he tried to dig full power attacks of Kurek. And Bartek claims that he doesn't feel the pain. So good news.
    Now I wonder if Igła will play today 'cause it's not so clear :S I hope he's ok. He's a tough guy :P

• Anastasi tweeted this morning, saying they were in Warsaw airport and ready to leave for Japan.
    So, guess who will be closer to these guys in a couple of hours? I am. 8)

• Vasilena, no reason to be ashamed of that :D Łukasz is a really nice, naughty boy :D

Btw, I forgot to refer to this video with Wanio and holy four :D Seriously, I was smashed by Igła. But it's not surprising, for sure, this guy is a natural born showman. And ofc as most of you I was delighted by Łukasz, especially when he hit the microphone (Oj, przepraszam :lol: ).
    And this moment when Wanio said something that all of them play regularly in their clubs :rolll: :obey: Igła is nasty :heart:
    I also really enjoyed Wanio's interview with Oskar. I really like this guy, it's always a pleasure to hear his opinions.

Anyway, I have a little interview with Michał Kubiak about World Cup. Michał mentioned also something about POL-CZE matches, but I've decided not to translate it and just focus on WC. Our guys are really optimistic about this upcoming event, anyway here you have it:

World Cup is the toughest tournament that awaits us. What is your approach as a relatively young man in relation to other, more experienced teammates?

We are going there only for olimpic qualification. Nothing else matters for us.

Third places have been working out really well for you this year. You could repeat that in Japan.

Honestly I would wish for the first place.

Maybe it's good that we have lost this second match, taking into consideration what happened on Wagner's Memorial, back then we were 'crying', now we would feel too strong.

We feel really strong both mentally and physically. We are going with our heads up, and I hope we will come back the same way.

During European Championship you said that there is no one you can be afraid of, because you're not afraid of anyone. You can win against Czechs, Russians, whom you have beaten on ECh. Are you afraid of something now?

I'm not afraid of anyone. For me it makes no difference whether on the other side of the net there is Dante or Giba, or anyone else. I want to win against them and bring for Polish NT olimpic qualification, 'cause this is the most important for every athlete.

• Vasilena, no reason to be ashamed of that :D Łukasz is a really nice, naughty boy :D

Haha, never ashamed :D ,... only a little bit surprised that I don't remember :lol:
    But yeah, you are right - he is :whistle: (btw, you are talking about Kadziewizc, right? :D cause Ziomek is Lukasz, too and I don't want to be misunderstood :lol: )

Anyway, I have a little interview with Michał Kubiak about World Cup. Michał mentioned also something about POL-CZE matches, but I've decided not to translate it and just focus on WC. Our guys are really optimistic about this upcoming event, anyway here you have it:

World Cup is the toughest tournament that awaits us. What is your approach as a relatively young man in relation to other, more experienced teammates?

Kubiak sounds really confidently, that's good - the aim is hard to be achieved but not impossible, at all. The competition especially between European teams is gonna be severe all the way - on WC and after that, too. We all suspect that one of the olympic quotas will be for Brazil - the most expexted winner, and the other two I believe for two teams from Europe, one of which will probbaly be for the main opponent of Brazil for the title - Russia (the formula of WC IMO suits very well teams of the type of Russia, plus they are top shape) and the third ticket for London I also predict that will go to Europe...

Noo, Bartek cannot have such a bad luck! :D Imagine how terrible he had to feel in the plane, considering how far they had to go! And as you probably know Bartek is seriously afraid of flying, so he doesn't deserve any new difficulties such as lost luggage or anything like that :D
    I dunno why, but I feel it was Planet, who lost this luggage :D

In WC 2007 we had the same problem with luggage of our captain then - Plamen Konstantinov. But our guys are experienced with this kind of problems because they have had it a lot. If the case is about Planet's luggage indeed, I am not worried then, cause there is no way not to be found :thumbsup:

I am also not really OK with hours for the matches, but thát's it - there is nothing we can do :( I jsut wonder if BNT is gonna show at least the most interesting of the matches, although we are not there.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

Edited once, last by volley super fan ().

• Bartek Kurek feels good, but he won't play against Cuba. So most likely we will have Winiarski-Kubiak on reception.

Hopefully Bartek will be fully ready for the most important matches.

• Bartek Kurek feels good, but he won't play against Cuba. So most likely we will have Winiarski-Kubiak on reception.

Hopefully Bartek will be fully ready for the most important matches.

Where you read it?
    I guess our biggest cannon will be fully ready for killing tri-match Italy-Brazil-Russia 8)

• Polish team played today(?) a training match with Iran. Unfortunately, I don't have any good information. They lost - 2:3 (25:23, 20:25, 24:26, 25:20, 15:25).
    Well...

• Honestly, now I don't know, that this score is true, but, for sure, they lost in five sets.

mosi of Iran post this match in World Cup thread. Starting players were Zagumny, Bartman, Kubiak, Winiarski, Mozdzonek, Nowkowski, Ignaczak.
    According to a polish media, Anastasi changed several players in the following sets.
    There was no referee. :)

• Something wrong is with Kubiak's finger in one of hands. But he will play tomorrow, I guess.

Yes, I also guess he will play, I mean, considering the situation with Kurek, there are not many options for reliable enough OH pair and although Cuba is not what it was on WCh 2010 for example, it is still Cuba - a dangerous and upredictable team and Poland can't afford to make too many compromises. If it is not really too serious, Kubiak will be on the court for sure.

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Yes, I also guess he will play, I mean, considering the situation with Kurek, there are not many options for reliable enough OH pair and although Cuba is not what it was on WCh 2010 for example, it is still Cuba - a dangerous and upredictable team and Poland can't afford to make too many compromises. If it is not really too serious, Kubiak will be on the court for sure.

Too bad that we play with them the first match. Cubans are the most dangerous in the beginning and then energy escapes from them little by little as every polish expert speaks for about two weeks :D

• I moved the last several posts of this thread in the general section "Sweet .." whatever. Please, post there if you want to discuss things not related to volleyball at all. I suggest we preserve the volleyball threads for volleyball discussions only :)

• Andrea Anastasi: I want to see my players in this mood whole tournament.
    - Did you expect such quick victory?

Andrea Anastasi: To be honest, no. I expected the match against Cuba will be more difficult. The same players won Norceca Championships, fighting in final against USA. In Pan American Games they have lost only against Brazil. Today we won and for me it is important to start the tournament good. I was a bit afraid before the match, because during the last practise my players didn't show their best. Perhaps they focused on this victory so much, that they couldn't train normally. But when it came to match they have played smart, with no many errors, especially on serve, so I am satisfied with our game and score.

- First match won. What about pressure now? Is it smaller?

We are calm. World Cup is a long tournament and we can't waste our energy on things that we can't control. We are going to focus now on match against Serbia. I have heard about their poorly game against Argentina, but I don't want to look at them like that. I want to prepare my team for match against Serbia, which I saw in Vienna on European Championships. We are playing at 3:00pm which is perfect for us, because after we have time to prepare tactic for next match and get some rest.

- How is Kurek now? Is he feels better?

Situation is the same like when I said at the beginning, when we arrived to Japan. I don't want to use him and hopefully it it's possible he won't play for next 2-3 games. Now he will have session with physiotherapist because of his arm and he will back to good disposition soon. This guy is tired and we all know that. If I would let him play all the time here, that would be not good for him and for team in the second half of the tournament. Luckily, we have good players on his position, Winiarski played very well today, so for now Kurek can stay on the bench.

- I have to ask about Kubiak, as yesterday heart of probably every fan in Poland stopped when we found out he is injured.

Kubiak is incredible. Yesterday his finger protruded an angle of 90 degrees, doctor set the finger straight away and put some plaster. I asked what happened and Kubiak just answered 'Nothing, coach, everything is fine, perfect and there is no problem.' Today he played and that's the most important, but yesterday when that happened I just thought "Oh my God!".
    I'm not surprised polish fans were worried too. In the first set he has had some problems in attack, but later used his skills and technique to help the team.

- Shortly after arriving to Japan, Ivan Miljkovic during press conference said, that formula of this World Cup is catastrophic and he is not surprised that players from their women's national team have had some injuries during the tournament. We know situation of Kurek, Kubiak can play, but still are you afraid about players?

Of course, I am afraid. Maybe other coach would leave Kurek in the country. We are here also without Kosok and I really count on this player, he is important in my team. Kubiak is here, but after european Championships he spent whole week in the hospital. I have to hope, that those players I have here with me can handle this tragedy, because this is a tragedy, not a tournament (laugh).

- I noticed good atmosphere in the team. They motivate each other not only on court, but also from the bench. I heard even you are trying to shout something in Polish. How lessons of our language are going?

With your language is hard, of course I caught few words, but for sure I'm not giving them tactic tips in polish. It's quite a weird situation, because six from seven titular players speak Italian fluent. At the beginning of my work with this team I decided that we gonna speak in English, but then your players speak in your language, it's not hard to forget about your decision. And sometimes when I give some tips in Italian I notice that Nowakowski look at me confused, so I ask him "Piter, you don't understand?" and he say "No", so I have to come back to English.
    I think we came to Japan in very good mood. Guys listen before match strong music, rock music, to motivate themselves and I am happy when it helps, because I want to see them like that whole tournament.
    All interviews are available at http://www.blokaut.net
    in Polish!

• Zbigniew Bartman: The nervous end of 4th set is our fault.
    Very nervous end of the match, you have had advantage 23:20 and moment later you were saving set-points for Serbia.
    Zbigniew Bartman: The end of the set is our fault, in first set it was similar, during the whole match we kept lead, but first and fourth set were just moments of our deconcentration. We have had balls that we should finish and score the point and easily end those two sets, besides fourth set shouldn't even happen. At the end we did shameful thing and we are happy that our deconcentration didn't retaliate on us. There was a moment when Zagumny said "Right guys, we have some luck", as there were some attacks we didn't finish, but we finish action with block, "we will win this set, just calm down". And we won.

Serbia is now in very hard situation, so can we play with calmer tomorrow, with the awareness that we started well this tournament or keep full concentration?
    Honestly? I don't care about Serbia anymore, this is their problem and they have to worry now. We can't fall into euphoria now, because those are only two matches from eleven, so they don't decide about anything. Of course we won against strong teams, but tomorrow we will have very hard match against Argentina, they can play great volleyball. We have to get as much rest as we can and regenerate our strength, play tomorrow with better concentration than today, because tomorrow we can slowly start feel tiredness in our legs.

Not only tiredness, but also some pain. Kubiak left the venue with ice on his leg, is it because of his jump above the table?
    I think so, but I'm not sure. Michal did amazing action and I think it will be soon in the internet, if it's not there yet. He is a fighter, never gives up and as we could see, he is ready to devote everything to win.

http://www.blokaut.net