Bulgarian NT for 2011 season

• Kostadin Gadzhanov is one of the best middle-blockers in our league. He's been a part of all formations of Pirin Balkanstroy in Razlog, 215 cm (according to volleyball.bg, not 100% sure of the height though), relatively consistent in his performance in the championship games ever since he started playing regularly. I think he totally deserves the call-up, even if he doesn't make it to the final list, he will grow up as a player (possibly not in terms of height :P ). The only thing he needs to learn as soon as possible is to be more confident, I am sure Stoychev is the coach to help him in this matter.

Todor Valchev is one of the highest scorers in the league. He is normally an OH, but this season has to play as an opposite because of the transfer of Mincho Minchev in Romania. He's not very tall, 193 cm, but already got used to being a leader and captain of Marek Union-Ivkoni, so I also believe he deserves his first appearance with the NT and will gain a lot from taking part in the NT summer preparation. I remember his first steps were alongside Tsvetan Sokolov in Marek some years ago, so you can be sure he is talented.

Martin Bozhilov is surely a surprise. I haven't watched him that much, to be honest I don't have much info about him, he comes from one of the best youth formations in the country - the one of Slavia Sofia, was transfered this summer to Marek Union-Ivkoni. From the games I watched with his participation I didn't see anything so remarkable. I guess the team needed a 3rd libero and it's great that the chance is given to someone who is still young (22).

:drink:

• According to gong.bg Stoychev has called Skrimov (!), Gaydarski and CSKA second setter Georgi Manchev into the extended list of players :serve:

• May be someone did write him a letter :lol:

• I wanted to ask why Gaydarski was out of NT last year :what:

He had injury and after that was not in form. Bulgaria now has Todorov, Yosifov and Nikolov and for him will be hard to get place at the starting 7

• Teodor Salparov with injury, he will not play in the summer - the earliest date is september, according to his doctors

• ahaha wow :lol:

I knew Sokolov had been called an 'alien' from the Finish junior's team coach, but noone has said he is an animal :lol: so far!

how do you know how is he training, btw? do you have an internal info? :sos:

• But I think Sokolov will be soon opposite no.1 in Bulgaria. He is in the best world team, under "his" coach practising like animal every single day.

this year I played so well! I think is going to be also opposite no.1 in Trentino! When he played he often got amazing statistics, in all the competition Trento partecipated. I'm sure Stoitchev will makes him a champion.

btw, if you have too many opposite no problem, Italy will definitly appreciate if you will share yoursXD

• Today journalists managed to take some pictures of the afternoon training session of the NT. What is interesting are the methods Radostin Stoychev uses to improve different aspects of the game for receivers and setters. He asks for wooden platforms (pieces of furniture, actually :D ) on which players take turns to stand and throw balls/serve at receivers on the other side of the net. Meanwhile, setters are required to set the received balls through rings artificially placed on metal stands at the end of the net. You can see some of the pictures here:

http://volleyball.sportal.bg/news.php?news=306108

It's in Bulgarian, so probably the pics will only be interesing to you. It also says that Stoychev uses the same methodoly during some of the practices in Trentino. Maybe some of you who have played serious volleyball are familiar with these methods. For example, I have taken part in the exercises with the furniture before. They are especially helpful when clubs cannot afford a real serve machine :D The metal rings, however, I have never seen used in practices, it's surely an old device, but a new one to my perspectives. Thought you might enjoy the behind-the-curtains information.

• But I read before that Stoychev provided the newest model service machine? ?(

• But I read before that Stoychev provided the newest model service machine? ?(

The furniture trains the attackers also :). Still, I think the serving machine is being used also. Rings are interesting, maybe that is why Jekov played so well against Cuba :cheesy: . He also has no error on serve :). Alexiev is jump serving again, if he manages to get them over the net it will be better :). Just hope that Kaziyski will improve serving, these days his serve is nothing like 3-4 years ago, don't know what is happening.

• He served fantastically during the playoffs in Seria A1, but with different ball. He will adjust to Mikasa and again serve incredibly well :)

• He served fantastically during the playoffs in Seria A1, but with different ball. He will adjust to Mikasa and again serve incredibly well :)

I agree.
    Players need time to adjust to a new ball. Also most of jump server make more aces with the Molten Ball, when floating servers are more efficient with the Mikasa one.
    Therefore, it's not any wonder if Kaziyski is currently a bit less efficient.

• I wonder when Simeon Aleksandrov will be noticed from our coach and get into the B team. He is 194 cm, jumps very high, he is explosive, with powerfull spike and serve, good receiver, good reflex, like a Giba type of player

http://www.sportal.bg/galery.php?id=2150&category=5#28

• I have a Bulgarian collegue, who has a housekeeper who used to work in a hotel in Bulgaria. This hotel would be frequented by the Bulgarian National volleyball during trainging camps. And from this experience she was able to tell my collegue that most of them are gay... no how true is this?

• I am just curious from WHAT experience does she know about it :D Seriously. I don't believe.

• :P well she's a woman so I'm not sure what she could experience to make her believe them to be gay, other than being completely ignored of course.