Brasilian Nt season 2011

• Well, poor Samuel. He never really recovered from the injury he had back in season 07/08, at least not completely. The last two years he played for Sada/Cruzeiro, but he stayed on bench pretty much the whole time, entering the court very few ocasions. I heard now he's moving to USA and hopefuly there he'll make some sort of new treatment, but unfortunately, it seems his career isn't going anywhere.

That sucks, Samuel Fuchs was amazing! What is his injury exactly? Knee, shoulder?

• Hey, guys. Today they just reported a small article talking about Samuel.
    His injury was on his right shoulder. He said he's taking a break from the sport and he'll only come back if he's able to hit balls as hard as he could back when he was champion of the league, with Minas.
    They don't mention the trip to USA thing, but if I'm not mistaken, I read that at Alexandre Oliveira's twitter account (former volleyball player and current SPORTV reporter).

• Brazil begin preparation for South American Championship
    One month after winning silver in the FIVB Volleyball World League world No.1 Brazil has begun their preparation for the Men's South American Championship, which is set to take place from September 19 to 25.

The tournament acts as a qualifying competition for the 2011 FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup, due to be held from November 20 to 4 in Japan, with the top three teams at the competition earning a ticket to the London 2012 Olympic Games.

The 15 players, coached by Bernardo “Bernardinho” Rezende, have reunited at Aryzao, the Brazilian Volleyball Development Center, in Saquarema, as they focus on the crucial event. These include setters Bruno and Marlon, opposites Leandro Vissotto, Theo and Wallace, middle blockers Gustavo, Rodrigao, Lucas and Sidao, wing spikers Giba, Murilo, Dante and Joao Paulo Bravo and libero Sergio.

“The first week has been very good as we focused in the physical work. It is like a restart,” Bernardinho said.

After the matches against their South American rivals, Brazil will play a number of friendly matches at Maracanazinho Gymnasium, in Rio de Janeiro, against Germany and Japan, on August 27 and 28.

“These matches will be very useful as all the players will be in court,” Bernardinho said. “This is the best way for us to be in a good level in the South American Championship, where we are going to face some strong teams, mainly Argentina, which improved a lot in the last decade.”

For outside hitter Murilo, the match against Germany will be very important for Brazil prior to the continental tournament.

“Germany has a good team and has put us in difficult situations in some tournaments,” he said. “They are improving a lot in the European scenario and will play also to get a best rhythm, as we will.”
    FIVB

• Dante and Gustavo eager to get back on court
    Two of the most experienced Brazilian players, outside hitter Dante and middle blocker Gustavo did not play as much as they would have liked during the 2011 FIVB Volleyball World League. Hampered by physical problems, the two Olympic champions had little participation in the Brazilian campaign.

However, now fully recovered, Dante and Gustav wish to help Brazil in the second part of the season, highlighted by the South American Championship and the FIVB Volleyball World Cup.

Dante was the last player to join the group in the World League and came from Russia where he had suffered an inflamed right knee for club Dynamo Moscow. The problem only allowed Dante to play nine of Brazilian 17 matches in the tournament.

“I am totally recovered now. The weeks we had following the World League were great to finish my recovery” Dante said at the training camp in Saquarema.”It has been really nice practicing free of pain and limitations.”

The wing spiker believes that the second half of the season will be even tougher than the first.

“We have two important tournaments ahead of us: the South American Championship, that may lead us to the World Cup, and the World Cup, which can give as a spot at the London 2012 Olympic Games. We really want to qualify for London this year and for sure will need to have all the players in good shape to make it.”

Gustavo´s participation in the World League was even shorter. After three years out of the national team, the blocker fractured a bone in his left foot and played only four matches during the tournament.

“I am even more motivated then before,” Gustavo exclaimed. “I was really nervous waiting for the players list for the South American Championship as I really wanted to be back here. I am absolutely sure on my wish of playing for Brazil again. I will do my best and see what happens until the tournament.”

Brazil has been practicing in Aryzão, the Brazilian Volleyball Development Center, in Saquarema, Rio de Janeiro, since August 8. The team are preparing for the South American Championship, which will take place in Brazil, from September 19 to 25. The champions will qualify for the World Cup, which will be played in Japan from November 20 and December 4 with the top three teams earning the first three tickets to London 2012.
    FIVB

• what did he said for Matey Kaziyski?

the video is cute, though I didn't understand what they are saying :thumbsup:

He said, than in last year Matey painted with them a cups, and then foundation bought the medical equipment. He talk about foundation, at the beginning Giba met a guy, who had a cancer.