Interview Daniel Jorge Castellani: I want to work for Fenerbahce

• -You have joined the team in the middle of the season. What were your thoughts when you accepted the offer of Fenerbahce?
    I heard that there were lots of problems before I joined the team and I also faced problems when I joined. However, I was the head of a team which had wonderful players. Firstly I tried to solve the problems and increase the capacity of the players to a hundred percent. Afterwards, I just focused to trainings and developing the teamwork.

-Did you know the team when you accepted Fenerbahce’s offer?
    Of course. Before I came here, I had seen few games of Fenerbahce. I knew I have the chance to play with a wide rotation.

-During the short time you stayed in Turkey, could you figure out the mentality of Turkish players?
    Yes, I figured it out. When you go to a different country, you have to know the mentality of people you will work with very well. This is the most of important condition to improve yourself as a coach. Everywhere I go, I not only try to understand the general ideas of people but I also try to understand the mentality of players one by one.

-What do you think is the difference between the other players at the other place you have worked and Turkish players?
    I think Turkish players have less international experience. Players who have high international experience like Leonal Marshall and Ivan Miljkovic can reflect their experience to the field.

-Should Turkish Players go abroad to increase their experiences in this context?
    Yes, of course. I think it is a process. You can’t gain such an experience in 3-5 months. I think a process spreading 8 to 10 years time is necessary. For instance, Italy has 3 coaches all over the world, but they managed this over a plan which started 20 years ago. The same can be told for the other countries, too.

-The season is over, do you want to work for Fenerbahce next season as well?
    Yes, I want that but now my contract is over. I can not foresee where I will be for the next season.

-Are you going to stay if they bring you an offer for next season?
    Yes I will stay. I am very comfortable here. The work environment and conditions are very convenient in Fenerbahce.

-Do you think this team can be successful in Champion’s League next year?
    I don’t know. It is hard to say something now. The team has players who have good character. I think after good training they can be successful.

-Are you going to ask for new players from the management if you will stay?
    I don’t know. I’m not the coach at the moment so I can’t respond to this question

Source: voleybolunsesi

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I think Fenerbahce should do a lot to make him stay :teach: He is a great coach :win: