Modena's President Disses Stoytchev of Trentino

• Haha good work Volleywood :P "Modena's President DISSES Stoytchev of Trentino" hahaha :P these people are becoming the tabloid of volleyball really quickly

• yes you are right, many people don't like trento, i think for this reasons:

1) Trento is an italian team, without italian player
    2) Trento is a team with no historic past in volleyball
    3) Mosna is both the president of the team and of the italian lega
    4) in my opinion trento way of playing is boring (pratically MB never attack and all their fortune depend on the serve)

about Stoytchev: yes he is that annoying (but this is my opinion)

• thank you for beeing honest :drink:

I am kinda shocked now :wacko: our new coach is more likely a prick :pinch:

• 1. Birrareli, Barri, hellow?
    2. True. before 2007/2008
    3. True
    4. See the stats, the MB's are very, very effective in attack, with three great spikers or 2.5 men there is no need for 33% spike in the middle, but the spikes in the middle almost always count. About serving, with Winiarski it was different, but when you have the most consistent server in the world and the most powerful in one team ,why not rely on them? They get the job done almost everytime. And I don't think that Kaziyski or Juantorena can make boring games. Simple - yes, boring - no, beautiful, splendid, YEAH :dance6:

About Stoychev - if you watch the games again and count the cases when Modena or Trento talk to the judge, you will see how much worse Modena players and coach behaved. MUCH worse. :down:

• raylight

robb said according to his oppinion... so no need to try changing that, besides, I don't think looking at the stats will make it less boring :P and it is really off topic here ^^

• raylight

robb said according to his oppinion... so no need to try changing that, besides, I don't think looking at the stats will make it less boring :P and it is really off topic here ^^

I didn't claim he is not right. I just mentioned that Bagnoli and Co were worse, so they are not in position to argue. I never said Stoychev is the best coach in the world or the nicest person ever :whistle:

• I didn't claim he is not right. I just mentioned that Bagnoli and Co were worse, so they are not in position to argue. I never said Stoychev is the best coach in the world or the nicest person ever :whistle:

oh no, I meant your explanation for Trento's style of playing, not the Stoychev refference ?(

• 1. Birrareli, Barri, hellow?
    2. True. before 2007/2008
    3. True
    4. See the stats, the MB's are very, very effective in attack, with three great spikers or 2.5 men there is no need for 33% spike in the middle, but the spikes in the middle almost always count. About serving, with Winiarski it was different, but when you have the most consistent server in the world and the most powerful in one team ,why not rely on them? They get the job done almost everytime. And I don't think that Kaziyski or Juantorena can make boring games. Simple - yes, boring - no, beautiful, splendid, YEAH :dance6:

About Stoychev - if you watch the games again and count the cases when Modena or Trento talk to the judge, you will see how much worse Modena players and coach behaved. MUCH worse. :down:

about the players

italians in:
    modena 8 out of 14
    macerata 8 out of 14
    cuneo 7 out of 14
    trento 6 out of 14

of course MB are very effective in attack: no one cares about them! opposite Block and defense are focused on the OH. come on! Sala and Bira score in attack less then 6 point for match togheter.

Stoychev is a great Technic and tactical coach but is terribly boring.

• which brings me back to topic

do you think Modena's president has the grounds to accuse Stoychev in that way - I mean must have been really angry to say he is giving a bad example to children and he is beeing the worst within the last 6 years or so...., I can't recall how many times Stoychev argueed with the referees and got a yellow card? whasn't it Bagnolli who got one?

:whistling:

• Of course Stoychev is annoyning. Haven't you guys seen any of Trento's games? But that goes for most of the coaches in Italy: Lorenzetti, Berruto, Bagnoli, Anastasi they all look way too arrogant.

• Okay, sorry but Trentino is not boring (this is my opinion for all the people in here that do not seem to understand that everything some else says is their opinion). With the most explosive OHs in the game that alone is exciting. If they'd use their middle blockers more, now that would be boring, cuz they suck. Riad actually is a very cool MB to watch though. Raphael is a cool setter and I enjoy watch Stokr too. All in all, one of my favorite teams to watch.

People hate them because they cannot beat them. They have decent history now... and if you'd use that arguement, then it would not be possible for new teams to come in to being, which would be ridiculous. And fo course they'r earrogant, they win frickin everything. Seriously, I get arrogant because I can score points in my low level lame ass club in Holland, can you imagine what it would be like if you'd quite easily kick everyone's ass in the Champions League??

• Well, then you, Italians must be hatin all your teams :D

• Of course Stoychev is annoyning. Haven't you guys seen any of Trento's games? But that goes for most of the coaches in Italy: Lorenzetti, Berruto, Bagnoli, Anastasi they all look way too arrogant.

i agree to some extend to this that a lot of coaches are anoying with Rezende on top :D

but I just call it emotional or overreacting behavour

the questions is what makes Stoychev that supremme anoying to win the contest :D in this year eddition of Serie A

• I don't try to defend Trento, but some Italians (not only today) claimed they hate Trento because of the lack of history they have.. well, if no new teams are allowed to win trophies, the battle will only be between Modena and Treviso every year, right? Yes, Trento didn't have any success before 2007-2008, but for these last 4 years they made more history than Macerata and Piacenza ever did, for example. Skra Belchatow is also dominant in Poland only in the recent seasons (beginning somewhere in 2004-2005, I think) without having a bright background, but probably they are not hated as much as Trento just because they could reach their level only inside Poland. It's a common thing to dislike something that has been demonstratively put in front of you for a longer period of time.

About Stoychev, I honestly don't care about his behaviour, I don't know him as a person, the only thing we should care right now are the results because it's high time we had a coach who can win, even though a bit arrogant, rather than a coach who is easy-going, but under-performing.

• I don't try to defend Trento, but some Italians (not only today) claimed they hate Trento because of the lack of history they have.. well, if no new teams are allowed to win trophies, the battle will only be between Modena and Treviso every year, right? Yes, Trento didn't have any success before 2007-2008, but for these last 4 years they made more history than Macerata and Piacenza ever did, for example. Skra Belchatow is also dominant in Poland only in the recent seasons (beginning somewhere in 2004-2005, I think) without having a bright background, but probably they are not hated as much as Trento just because they could reach their level only inside Poland. It's a common thing to dislike something that has been demonstratively put in front of you for a longer period of time.

About Stoychev, I honestly don't care about his behaviour, I don't know him as a person, the only thing we should care right now are the results because it's high time we had a coach who can win, even though a bit arrogant, rather than a coach who is easy-going, but under-performing.

i agree with you. just tu be clear: i don't think it's correct to hate trento for is history, but many italians think so.... you know........ we are not very smart people