Maxim Panteleymonenko: Everyone has their own truth

• russiavolley.com

Maxim is a graduate of Kharkov volleyball, a member of the National Team of Ukraine, Kharkiv Academy of Law graduate named after Yaroslav the Wise. In Russia, the player has to play three regular season. The first season of Ugra-Samatlor (which became the best scorer of the team), and two in the Zenit Kazan , which was twice champion of Russia.

- Maxim, of all the republics of the former Union of Ukraine, according to the volleyball experts, occupies a special position. There is no strong national championship, but it has consistently supplying foreign teams classy players. If you look at the championship of Russia in recent years, it's Constantin Bakun, Alexander Krivets, Denis Xaus, Nikolay Pavlov. What is the secret training of volleyball players in the Ukraine?
    - The list goes on. In the Ukraine started yet and Roman Yakovlev, Alexander Kosarev, Dima Muserskiy, Pavel Moroz, Sergey Baranov, Vitaliy Kiktev, Sergey Shulga. In general, no special no secrets, there is a tradition, good professionals and coaches, then, all of which can be called by the school.

- And how did you come to a great volleyball?
    - In volleyball hit accidentally. I have seriously played football and did try on goalie gloves, when I noticed a well-known expert volleyball Vladislav Andronikovich Agasyants. He literally dragged me by force to train, went home, convinced my parents to my longer term ... In general, if it looks strange, but now I am very grateful to Vladislav Andronikovichu for his persistence! From the first lessons he instilled in me and Nikolay Pavlov, that if we are serious about training, you will surely end up in the Russian championship, and in its strongest clubs. In general, all what happened. Already in the first year of study at the academy, I established the fact that professional football this is my future.

- Is it possible to earn serious money, speaking for the clubs in the Ukraine?
    - In general, yes, athletes have lived well. However, the level of championship of Ukraine does not hold up to the Russian. And no wonder, because in Russia it is one of the strongest in the world! Accordingly, the prospects for growth in professional terms is much higher.

- This season's champion of Ukraine Kharkov Lokomotiv was first invited to take part in the club championship of Russia. How do you assess this development?
    - Very positive. Kharkiv team is definitely the strongest of the Ukrainian club. The fact that last season the first team Lokomotiv became the champion of Ukraine, and its double won bronze medals speaks for itself. I think that for guys it will be an excellent school. Indeed, progress in volleyball is possible only in case when your opponent equal to or better than you reach.

- It turns out that taking a direct part in the Russian championship, Ukrainians, we can say "show their wares." I think after this show many promising volleyball players Lokomotiv will receive offers from Russian clubs. As in Ukraine related to such transitions?
    - According to relate differently. Most, of course, understand that accepting the invitation of a foreign club, volleyball player gets an opportunity to not only improve their material condition, but also get an invaluable experience playing in the international arena. But there are those who rush to blame, branded ... Everyone has their own truth. In general, I was born in the state, which no longer exists. So do not think it's important, what is the nationality of the passport. The main thing that you remain itself.

- Maxim, your first season as a legionnaire was held in Japan. Why do you prefer it to us this exotic country?
    - I've always been interested in this culture so unlike our country. I decided to look at it with my own eyes. Do not just go on a trip, namely to live and work there. Nor how many I do not regret my choice. Season has been for me and good team, we won the Cup in Japan. All were pleased with each other.

- After the first season was followed by Japan, the Russian championship in the Ugra-Samotlor?
    - I can say that to get to Russia volleyball is not easy. Look at the level of foreign players who declared for the Russian clubs. It's top stars in the best volleyball players the world and Olympic champions, at least the players of the national teams from different countries. So the competition is very serious! I am very pleased that I managed to get citizenship, and I can speak for the Russian clubs as a regular player.

- Then you are in Zenit Kazan. Tell us a little about this team.
    - Everyone knows that the Zenit is the Superclub! Before, I could not dream that I would act as a team with such stars as Sergey Tetyukhin, Alexey Verbov, Lloy Ball, Clyaton Stanley.

- Why, then, this season you prefer, Zenit - Novy Fakel?
    - The current composition of the Fakel is also very strong, enough stars! But the main reason for my move is the desire to get more playing time. I am sure that sitting on the bench, the player slowly degrades and loses self-confidence. In the first season of Zenit I played 95% of all matches, and was perfectly happy. However, the last championship was formed diametrically opposite, Vladimir Alekno no longer trust me, and practically the whole championship I had left. I understand that the coach alone building strategy games and approve the composition, and therefore have a claim only to himself, apparently I'm somewhat less than other volleyball players.

- Maxim, but what do you see your strengths and weaknesses?
    - There is no need to dissemble, because there are statistics, which are known to be stubborn. All opposite taller than two meters weak point in this method feeder. With these dimensions and more complex coordinated move with lightning speed. But the high is easier to attack on the pitch and in setting the block, I think these elements are its forte. A technique I'm working on and hope to have this season, significantly improve their performance!

- Thank you for your candor! And in the end a few questions from our imprompt survey. Your idol in the world of volleyball?
    - It's Sergey Tetyukhin. A person who possesses all the qualities that I appreciate, as on the volleyball court and in life!

- Your favorite book?
    - "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexander Dumas. How many times have not read it all, like the first time!

- Favorite music?
    - I've got no particular preference. Sometimes I listen to something quiet, and sometimes want to drive, to cheer up. Perceive music as a background, first and last names are not particularly distinguish!

- Your hobbies?
    - Volleyball leaves little time for hobbies, but I'm trying to carve out something. I want to learn how to make beautiful pictures, recently bought a nice SLR camera. I hope that wisdom will submit photos to me! We can assume this is my hobby.