German Male NT Season 2011/12

• I know I know that it is the most primitive see point but sometimes has reflect in acts.

• Haha, well, outlook is the last thing the German Federation was probably looking for :) Leaving the jokes apart, I think this is a risky choice. He is not yet such an experienced coach. It's one thing leading Noliko in Belgium, and a totally different taking control of a NT. And not just any NT, but one that wants to go to London. I am not really sure how good his German is, in Noliko he is doing the time-out talks in English, but namely language was the main barrier for Lozano. The captain Bjorn Andrae said he is happy about the new assignment of Heynen, namely Andrae was among the people to criticize Lozano after the Euro 2011 fiasco.

I can come up with two positive aspects regarding his appointment. First, his spirit both as an ex-player and presently a coach would theoretically fit the German NT. Second, the confirmation of Huebner and Bergmann as assistants would be beneficial. He will need local guys for sure, Huebner is not a name we need to talk about, it's been said enough, Bergmann and Heynen have even played together years ago in Noliko, so the chemistry in the locker room will be something to rely on for Heynen.

• Wow, this guy is very passionate and funny. I watched the playoff match between Maaseik and Trentino and his speech was.... very loud. :rolll:
    Well, I wish this guy could bring something to Germany, at least do not waste two qualification tournaments and try to make it to the Olympics.

• Vital Heynen call up 29 players, he will probably have to reduce the selection before the start of the summer tournaments. The list:

Setters

Lukas Kampa (Copra Elinor Piacenza, ITA)
    Patrick Steuerwald (AZS Politechnika Warszawska, POL)
    Simon Tischer (Dinamo Krasnodar, RUS)
    Philipp Jankowski (Netzhoppers KW-Bestensee)
    Merten Krueger (evivo Dueren)

Opposites

Gyorgy Grozer (Asseco Resovia Rzeszow, POL)
    Jochen Schops (Iskra Odintsovo, RUS)
    Christian Dunnes (Generali Unterhaching)
    Simon Hirsch (Generali Unterhaching)

Attackers

Bjorn Andrae (Kuzbass Kemerovo, RUS)
    Robert Kromm (Marmi Lanza Verona, ITA)
    Marcus Popp (Marmi Lanza Verona, ITA)
    Sebastian Schwarz (Fidia Padova, ITA)
    Denis Kaliberda (Generali Unterhaching)
    Tom Strohbach (Generali Unterhaching)
    Bjorn Hoehne (Berlin Recycling Volleys)
    Sebastian Krause (Netzhoppers KW-Bestensee)
    Christian Fromm (evivo Dueren)

Middle-blockers

Lukas Bauer (Toulouse, FRA)
    Marcus Boehme (VfB Friedrichshafen)
    Max Gunthor (Generali Unterhaching)
    Ricardo Galandi (Berlin Recycling Volleys)
    Felix Fischer (Belrin Recycling Volleys)
    Paul Sprung (Netzhoppers KW-Bestensee)
    Georg Klein (evivo Dueren)
    Hans Cipowicz (EnBW TV Rottenburg)

Liberos

Markus Steuerwald (Paris Volley, FRA)
    Ferdinand Tille (Arago de Sete, FRA)
    Sebastian Pruessener (Generali Unterhaching)

• SOS,can anyone who understand German translate this piece of news into English for me? Or just extract the main points. I'm curious about what's wrong with Patrick and Tille. It seems that this two guys haven't been going on a training for two weeks. Does Tille recover from the injury now? Any information about the current situation of German NT players would be highly appreciated. :obey:

The news needed to be translated is as follows:
    http://www.volleyball-verband.…hceoju8elimkfvi58c24nhrmg

Thanks in advance!

• It says nothing troublesome. Just Heynen had to pick up the list for the Olympic Qualifier in Berlin and submitted a list of 13. Simon Tischer was left to recover during the WL tournament in Frankfurt after a slight injury, now he is back and ready to play, which means one of the two setters Kampa or Steuerwald needs to stay out. Kampa is in a better shape IMO, I even think he is a slightly better setter in general and had a great WL weekend, so it is logical for Patrick Steuerwald to stay out of the group. Markus Steuerwald was very stable in reception (with a few exception in the game against Bulgaria), so Ferdinand Tille, who was anyway not used in the WL and the OQ in Sofia, is again out. I saw them both in Frankfurt, looked in good health, the decision is only based on recent performance and head coach's choice.

• It says nothing troublesome. Just Heynen had to pick up the list for the Olympic Qualifier in Berlin and submitted a list of 13. Simon Tischer was left to recover during the WL tournament in Frankfurt after a slight injury, now he is back and ready to play, which means one of the two setters Kampa or Steuerwald needs to stay out. Kampa is in a better shape IMO, I even think he is a slightly better setter in general and had a great WL weekend, so it is logical for Patrick Steuerwald to stay out of the group. Markus Steuerwald was very stable in reception (with a few exception in the game against Bulgaria), so Ferdinand Tille, who was anyway not used in the WL and the OQ in Sofia, is again out. I saw them both in Frankfurt, looked in good health, the decision is only based on recent performance and head coach's choice.

YavarD, Thank you sooooooooo much! I finally can be relaxed after hearing they are both in good health. I think Steuerwald's setting is not worse than Kampa. his only weakness is that he is a little low with only a 180cm, which contributes little to his blocking. So if I were their coach, I would also choose Kampa as the sub. About their liberoes, it's a pity that Ferdinand Tille hasn't had any chance to play since this year. Although Markus Steuerwald is playing steadily these days, I still want to see Tille's performance . I still have the impression that Tille is a better libero. But as what you have said, it seems that he is not in a good shape after his injury, and it's natural for the coach to choose the players in best shape. Germany needs a more stable reception to guarantee a winning match. Last time they played against Bulgaria, the reception is terrible which directly resulted their failure. Anyhow, wish they at last successfully qualify for the Olympics.

BTW, aren't you a Bulgarian? You know German, right?

• YavarD, Thank you sooooooooo much! I finally can be relaxed after hearing they are both in good health. I think Steuerwald's setting is not worse than Kampa. his only weakness is that he is a little low with only a 180cm, which contributes little to his blocking. So if I were their coach, I would also choose Kampa as the sub. About their liberoes, it's a pity that Ferdinand Tille hasn't had any chance to play since this year. Although Markus Steuerwald is playing steadily these days, I still want to see Tille's performance . I still have the impression that Tille is a better libero. But as what you have said, it seems that he is not in a good shape after his injury, and it's natural for the coach to choose the players in best shape. Germany needs a more stable reception to guarantee a winning match. Last time they played against Bulgaria, the reception is terrible which directly resulted their failure. Anyhow, wish they at last successfully qualify for the Olympics.

BTW, aren't you a Bulgarian? You know German, right?

Yes, I am :) But I studied in Germany (in English though) and am currently working in Germany, so my German is on an intermediate level already, even if it's quite far away from my English ;)

• Yes, I am :) But I studied in Germany (in English though) and am currently working in Germany, so my German is on an intermediate level already, even if it's quite far away from my English ;)

hum~got it. Nice to meet you, It's very lucky that Germany doesn't play against Bulgaria this time(I mean WOQT). Or it will be hard for you to decide which side to support. Is it right? haha~ :rolll:

• hum~got it. Nice to meet you, It's very lucky that Germany doesn't play against Bulgaria this time(I mean WOQT). Or it will be hard for you to decide which side to support. Is it right? haha~ :rolll:

I am not German, why should I support Germany then :D

• Popp and Andrae, the two guys gona switch back to beach volley next year? Maybe good choice for themselves, considering their ages and it will not change things much even if they continue staying in NT. I remembered Popp had said he liked playing beach volley very much and had played as a professional player before. however, I couldn't recall Andrae had such experience. Maybe this will be his first try. Good luck for them. But because of their leaving, Germany NT will certainly have less choice for the OH position. Hum,it's a dilemma....Anyhow, it's just time to involve in more young players. They need to get match experience and grow up, and most importantly, this team needs to discover the young players who are talented! :super:

source:Popp&Andrae