Russian NT 2012

• http://www.fivb.org/en/Volleyb….asp?No=33415&Language=en

Russian captain Khtey voted country's top sportsperson for 2011

Taras Khtey, the captain of FIVB World Cup and FIVB World League winners Russia, has been recognised as the country’s top sportsman by the “Golden Pedestal” event, a collaboration between TV channel Russia 2 and the Soviet Sport newspaper. Fans voted via SMS text messages and the http://www.sportbox.ru website.

In the preliminary round, Khtey trailed biathlete Olga Zaitseva, but beat off the challenge of cross-country skier Alexei Petukhov, skeleton racer Olga Potylitsina and heavyweight boxer Alexander Povetkin to enter the final round.

In the tense final voting, Khtey was up against Zaitseva and the voting ran neck-and-neck until the final few seconds when Russia’s volleyball captain edged ahead, finally clinching 50.1 per cent of the vote to Zaitseva’s 49.9 per cent.

• Russian NT for WL 2012:

setters:
    Sergey Grankin
    Sergey Makarov
    Konstantin Ushakov
    Aleksander Butko
    Igor Kobzar

OHs:
    Denis Beryukov
    Taras Khtey
    Sergey Tetyuhin
    Dmitriy Ilinih
    Evgeniy Sivozhelez
    Yuriy Berezhko
    Aleksey Rodichev
    Pavel Abramov

opposites:
    Pavel Kruglov
    Maksim Mikhaylov
    Pavel Moroz

MBs:
    Aleksander Abrosimov
    Nikolay Apalikov
    Aleksandr Volkov
    Dmitriy Muserskiy
    Dmitriy Shtcherbinin
    Aleksey Kazakov

libero:
    Aleksander Sokolov
    Aleksey Obomchaev
    Aleksey Verbov

head coach: Vladimir Alekno

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Abramov is back! :thumbsup:
    I'm looking at OPP list and I'm wondering about Kruglov. Watching matches of Cev Cup I saw that Pavlov played mostly and Kruglov was staying on the bench. And I don't know this guy Pavel Moroz. I've just heard that he's young, he jumps very high and he's very dynamic. Can someone tell a few words more about him?

• Abramov is back! :thumbsup:
    And I don't know this guy Pavel Moroz. I've just heard that he's young, he jumps very high and he's very dynamic. Can someone tell a few words more about him?

He is the best player of Kuzbass in my opinion.

Talking about opposites, is there a theoretical chance for El Russo to play for the Russian National team ?

• Bozlueva already has Russian citizenship as I know ;)

Moroz is the best scorer in Superleague this season, classic powerful opposite like Celitans. ;) Good in block due height (2'5 cm) but still needs to learn a lot :whistle:

• injury, he is already with team, mb will play in Serbia

Oh,thank you so much.I hope I will see him in Serbia .Because Russia is far from the final 6, I want to see all teamplayers in the court include Khtey, Volkov. :heart:

• http://www.volley.ru/news/4437/ in russian
    looks like Volkov will not play in Serbia, he is back in clinic, but Khtey probably will. Besides I get very pessimistic about our chances at olimpics ;(

Thanks for sharing news. I pray that all russian players are healthy. No matter what the Olympics' result is, the health is the most important. But I think all teamplayers will do their best to paticipate in Olympics, because 4 years is too long.

• http://www.volley.ru/news/4437/ in russian
    looks like Volkov will not play in Serbia, he is back in clinic, but Khtey probably will. Besides I get very pessimistic about our chances at olimpics ;(

Don't be ;) Russians are tough guys. One month to Olympics... But you have this unbelievable Alekno. He will fix this team again.

• Don't be ;) Russians are tough guys. One month to Olympics... But you have this unbelievable Alekno. He will fix this team again.

Thank you for your kind words, but I seriously doubt one month is enough to get in olimpic level shape. I mean Khtey didn't play in high level since world cup, Volkov still not recovered, Butko injured, Grankin was kicked off as *not matched* and now suddenly called back. Looks like mentally and physically team completely shattered. And Alekno not almighty.

• i just dont want to see ulashov in NT..he reminds me sheshenina and akulova :down: