Russian NT 2012

• you mean Ushakov? he is in great shape, but God! he is 42! I don't know what Alekno did to them in gym, but they all broken :cursing: , and look, the only setter we have is 42 :cursing:

yeeah, ushakov (this is not the first time i got confused with his name :lol: ).. lol i dindt know he was 42...i think russian seetters in london should be grankin and butkno (but dont know what is happening in russian nt at this moment)..
    what happened with abramov?? did he decide not to play for nt anymore??

• Hi! Could you please explain what exactly happened with grankin? Thanks!

http://www.newizv.ru/sport/201…15-ne-uroven-sbornoj.html
    sorry it's in russian. Alekno said after Santo Domingo *some players didn't match national level. Who? You'll see in Kaliningrad* in Kaliningrad there weren't Grankin and Moroz. Then Butko was injured, and Grankin is back. You can imagine his feelings, and how *good* he will play :cursing:

• http://www.newizv.ru/sport/201…15-ne-uroven-sbornoj.html
    sorry it's in russian. Alekno said after Santo Domingo *some players didn't match national level. Who? You'll see in Kaliningrad* in Kaliningrad there weren't Grankin and Moroz. Then Butko was injured, and Grankin is back. You can imagine his feelings, and how *good* he will play :cursing:

Why?I think Grankin is better than Ushakov. Ushakov is too old to move quickly. So I believe that the two setter we will see in London are Grankin and Butko. If it is not true,I will hate Alekno.

• Why?I think Grankin is better than Ushakov. Ushakov is too old to move quickly. So I believe that the two setter we will see in London are Grankin and Butko. If it is not true,I will hate Alekno.

it's so true, even Makarov would be better, than Ushakov. I will hate Alekno if he kick off Biryukov, I have a really bad feelings this gonna happen. ;(

• what happened with abramov?? did he decide not to play for nt anymore??

he want, as also want Kazakov and Verbov, but Alekno didn't call them. I mean official invitation to NT. Verbov especially missing, this ugly shit Sokolov is a black hole not a libero :mad:

• look how little time he has, how his all attitude changed, Denis still really young, and probably strong competition for Olympic place kinda broke him. And Alekno praised Ilinych in recent interview http://www.volley.ru/news/4449/

Yesterday,I have seen Biryukov in the 12 people and sat outside the court . So I think he still has a chance. And Ilinykh's performance is deserving prarise . How about
    Abrosimov ?I consider he may have a place in London. Did Alekno ever say about the middle blockers in London would be whom ?

• i think biryukov had a good season in Novoribinsk this year..i did not watch him pllaying in nt this year though. he needs fast sets to score, contrary to kthei, for example..maybe the bad shape of the setters is influencing his play
    i think is not good idea to make too much change in roster in such an important year.... regarding sokolov is ok as biryukov, berezko can receive better than him :lol:

• Olimpic roster probably be like
    Setters - Butko (if recovered), Ushakov, then Grankin (if Butko not)
    MB - Musersky, Apalikov, Volkov (if recovered), then Abrosimov (if Volkov not)
    Opp - Mikhaylov, probably Kruglov (Ilinykh actually opposite in his club, so he may be second opposite)
    OpH - Khtey, Tetuyhkin, Berezhko, and forth place still competitive - Biruykov, Ilinykh, was Sivozheles but now he is out
    L - either Obmochaev or Sokolov

• I prefer both Ilinykh and Sivozhelez over Biryukov and Berezhko. The last two are too shaky(not that mentally, but overall).

You have tons of good MBs. Apart from Abrosimov, Gutsalyuk is very good and deserves a chance in some big Russian club and probably afterwards in the NT. He didn't see any playing time in Zenit last year.

• Olimpic roster probably be like
    Setters - Butko (if recovered), Ushakov, then Grankin (if Butko not)
    MB - Musersky, Apalikov, Volkov (if recovered), then Abrosimov (if Volkov not)
    Opp - Mikhaylov, probably Kruglov (Ilinykh actually opposite in his club, so he may be second opposite)
    OpH - Khtey, Tetuyhkin, Berezhko, and forth place still competitive - Biruykov, Ilinykh, was Sivozheles but now he is out
    L - either Obmochaev or Sokolov

This roster is official or you guess ? "Ushakov" ??? Oh my God , I think Alekno is not want to win in London . Although I am a Russian fan long time , I will not support Russian national team , if I will see Ushakov . :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• This roster is official or you guess ? "Ushakov" ??? Oh my God , I think Alekno is not want to win in London . Although I am a Russian fan long time , I will not support Russian national team , if I will see Ushakov

It's only my guess, but I'm afraid Ushakov will be second setter for sure, no matter who will be first, Grankin or Butko

Was he the coach already when vadim khamutski was called to be the starting setter a few years ago?

Yes it was him, you know Vadim will be better than Ushakov, he is more charismatic, has more energy and authority, he can bring life and emotions in this bunch of stumps

• timbyak

u r talking about Russia like they are the worst team in the world :aww: there is enough time for Alekno to prepare players. IMO they just lack match pratice and selfconfidence. Why is shameful to lose to Cuba or Serbia? Alekno is Russian best coach atm.

What bloody Khamutskikh? Ushakov had good season in Kuzbass, Kobzar is too young, Butko and Grankin had exhausting season. What u've expected from them? Same quality like on WC or in WL?

Alekno won WL and WC, that's only good results for Russia in years and now u r spitting in his face.