Russian NT 2012

• russian players returned to training after a short break and though i didnt understand the translationv very weell, it seems that ushakov and biryikov will not go to London.
    The list of players that are in training camp:
    Butko, Grankin
    Mikhaylov, Kruglov
    Berezhko, Ilykin, Tetyukhin, Ktei
    Abrosimov, Apalikov, Volkov, Muserksky
    Obmochaev, Sokolov

Volkov and Butko are ok now..
    anyone that knows russian could confirm that ushakov and biryukov are out?? the source : http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-07-06/520799/

• This is the official news .

Men's national team of Russia on July 6 to resume training for the Olympics
    Men's Russian team after a short break, obtained at the end of his speech to the World League resumes. On July 6, the team will train at a training base in suburban Novogorsk.

Collection in Novogorsk runs until July 18, after which the team move into one of the capital's hotels, and will train already on the site of the palace sports "Dynamo" on the street Lavochkin.

Flight to London to participate in a volleyball tournament games XXX Olympiad is scheduled for July 25 at about 11:00 am.

PARTICIPANTS IN THE COLLECTION (14 candidates for 12 seats in the Olympic bid)

Setter
    Alexander Butko
    Sergei Grankin

Receiver
    Yury Berezhko
    Dmitry Ilyin
    Sergey Tetyukhin
    Taras Htey

Blocker
    Alexander Abrosimov
    Nicholas Apalikov
    Alexander Volkov
    Dmitry Musersky

Opposite
    Pavel Kruglov
    Maxim Mikhailov

Libero
    Alex Obmochaev
    Alexander Sokolov

I think only when there is misfortune(a player in 14 will injury),it may be change . When I saw there was not Biryukov,I was so pathetic . ;(

• Where is Sivozhelez? Does he have an injury or is he in a bad shape? Or neither?

And what about Cheremisin?

• Where is Sivozhelez? Does he have an injury or is he in a bad shape? Or neither?

And what about Cheremisin?

how u remembered him :rolll:

Alex wasn't good boy, he fell to a doping test 2 years ago and I think Russian federation doesnt want him in NT.

Don't understand this hysteria around Biryukov and Sivozhelez :aww: they got their chance, played poor and pathetic so for me it's logical to see Ilynikh and others ;)

• how u remembered him :rolll:

Alex wasn't good boy, he fell to a doping test 2 years ago and I think Russian federation doesnt want him in NT.

Don't understand this hysteria around Biryukov and Sivozhelez :aww: they got their chance, played poor and pathetic so for me it's logical to see Ilynikh and others ;)

I don't think Berezhko is much better than Sivozhelez. And Tetyukhin is too old already. Ilynikh is the best OH together with Khtey, I have nothing against him.

Cheremisin was good substitution to Mikhaylov in Zenit but I guess he is nothing more than that. I don't know why I mentioned him, he somehow floated on the surface of my mind. And when you have Mikhaylov even Alekno can be the second opposite :lol:

• i guess that Abrosimov & Obmochaev will be out, another solution will be for me surprise.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• how u remembered him :rolll:

I don't agree with you about Biryukov ;) He is the typical Russian OH, had a very decent 2011 if we ignore the ECH where Russia failed as a team. He has had ups and downs, of course, like most young players, but he is a guy you would call up in your NT even if not always as a starter. His recent shape might be another question, haven't watched him recently, he doesn't get chances. Sivozhelez is not that developed yet, in my opinion, had a great CHL with Zenit under the guidance of Alekno, I am sure he will get some chances when Tetyukhin retires. Besides, I would personally leave Berezhko out and take Biryukov instead, Berezhko has never been impressive, at least to me, last yeat Russia won its medals without him, but with Khtey and Biryukov playing most of the time. Ilinykh is a great player, with huge potential, reminds of Biryukov a bit, with the exception that he can also fill in as an opposite. Which actually brings back the point of having a second opposite, Kruglov won't do much more compared to Ilinykh.

• I don't think Biryukov is a bad player, far from that but atm he's behind even Berezhko. I'm not Yury's fan but he is in better shape now. Biyrukov looked tired to me, no pace and determination lile last year and club obligation influenced on his form. Tetyukhin might be old but still great player and Alekno is relying on his experience.

• the fact is that biryukov has improved a lot over the last years,, berezhko plays at the same level (or even worse) than when he starts in NT..but anyway it is a tough choice
    i read that russian will play friendly matches agains bulgaria and australia, dates are still unknown

• the fact is that biryukov has improved a lot over the last years,, berezhko plays at the same level (or even worse) than when he starts in NT..but anyway it is a tough choice
    i read that russian will play friendly matches agains bulgaria and australia, dates are still unknown

The friendlies against Bulgaria fell out.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I thought illynikh is opposite?

• I thought illynikh is opposite?

Alekno has been asked if he think he could use Illynikh as a replacment for Mikhaylov, cause there are already enough OHs, but he didn't want to answer the question. There was such a rumour indeed, but as we can see from the list, obviously they have decided that Illynikh will play the OGs as an OH and the second opposite is Kruglov.

Virtual presentation of training process and base of Russian NT: http://vtbrussia.ru/sport/voll…gn=virtualtour_volleyball

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• http://www.sport-express.ru/photo/3645/ photos from friendly match with Australia + cute pics Volkov with daughter

Thank you. :flower: I hope the 12 players will be in great shape in London.And Volkov‘s daughter is so cute. :heart:

• This is all unofficial news, but apparently ALEKNO HANDED IN HIS RESIGNATION :white: It was not accepted yet, the federation gave him about a month for "rest and some longer reflection".

• This is all unofficial news, but apparently ALEKNO HANDED IN HIS RESIGNATION :white: It was not accepted yet, the federation gave him about a month for "rest and some longer reflection".

I guess he'll do that so that the federation will be forced to increase his salary. :)