Bulgarian NT 2012

• Bulgarian NT 2012

:super:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Today was the first press conference of BFV for this year. It got clear that most probably Bulgaria will have two friendly matches with France in "Arena Armeec" Sofia before the OG qualification tournament. BFV has officially invited French team for the two matches, which are planned to be played on 30.04 and 01.05 this year.

Wild Wild West!

• I hope to see Niko Nikolov, Valentin and Tedi Salparov this year in your NT...

• Bulgaria - Poland Highlights trailer

verson outside Germany:

version for Germany:

• Bulgaria - Poland Highilights with classical music

Bulgaria - Poland Highilights with film music

• Today was the first press conference of BFV for this year. It got clear that most probably Bulgaria will have two friendly matches with France in "Arena Armeec" Sofia before the OG qualification tournament. BFV has officially invited French team for the two matches, which are planned to be played on 30.04 and 01.05 this year.

Change in plans. Instead of France, Bulgaria will play friendly matches with Slovakia. That will probably happen in the beginning of May, but it is still not clear whether the games will be in "Arena Armeec" or "Arena Samokov".

Wild Wild West!

• Bulgaria - Germany ECH 2011 Highlights

[url]

[/url]

• What happened to Boyan Yordanov in the NT - see his reach

• Georgi Manchev, (setter, Kalamun,Lebanon ) has received on training a knee-injury, similar to that one of Teodor Salparov. He's about to undergo a surgery in two weeks and his recovery will last five months. Because of this, he'll miss the whole season with the national team.
    info: gong.bg http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=256003
    :(

Wild Wild West!

• Georgi Manchev, (setter, Kalamun,Lebanon ) has received on training a knee-injury, similar to that one of Teodor Salparov. He's about to undergo a surgery in two weeks and his recovery will last five months. Because of this, he'll miss the whole season with the national team.
    info: gong.bg http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=256003
    :(

It's really unfortunate for your team. I was hoping to see him in NT 'cause as I heard once, he's talented young player, right? So what will be with setter position now...

• Mitev, Georgi Bratoev are the other back-up setters and there are young talents like Bobi Georgiev and Dobri Dimitrov.

• It's really unfortunate for your team. I was hoping to see him in NT 'cause as I heard once, he's talented young player, right? So what will be with setter position now...

Yes, he's a young guy - 1990, before that he played in CSKA and that was his first season abroad. It's very sad that he got such unpleasant and long-lasting trauma, I wish him to recover as soon as possible :S , but his absence from the NT actually won't have some dramaticly serious impact on our team, cause he is some kind in the position of the 'reserve of the reserve', a third setter role after Zhekov and G. Bratoev. In our league there are several quite young guys who are considered talented and with some potential, so maybe one of them will be called. But whoever Stoychev chooses, I doubt we'll see him in game anyway :P

Wild Wild West!

• Yes, he's a young guy - 1990, before that he played in CSKA and that was his first season abroad. It's very sad that he got such unpleasant and long-lasting trauma, I wish him to recover as soon as possible :S , but his absence from the NT actually won't have some dramaticly serious impact on our team, cause he is some kind in the position of the 'reserve of the reserve', a third setter role after Zhekov and G. Bratoev. In our league there are several quite young guys who are considered talented and with some potential, so maybe one of them will be called. But whoever Stoychev chooses, I doubt we'll see him in game anyway :P

As a result of our home WL finals, i think Stoychev will have to use this summer some of the other setters ;)

• Mitev, Georgi Bratoev are the other back-up setters and there are young talents like Bobi Georgiev and Dobri Dimitrov.

I remember one more name, I could be wrong of course, but if I'm not mistaken it was said about him that he was talented. Zarev? I wonder what's with him 'cause I haven't heard nothing about him for quite long time.

• I remember one more name, I could be wrong of course, but if I'm not mistaken it was said about him that he was talented. Zarev? I wonder what's with him 'cause I haven't heard nothing about him for quite long time.

Ivan Zarev had a row of serious injuries and surgeries on his right knee and he had to give up playing volleyball :(
    I think that he officially put the end of his career in 2009.

Wild Wild West!

• What is the situation with Gjorgi Gjorgiev ? Can he theoretically play for our NT or he must get a permition from the Macedonian volleyball federation?

As for our perspectives for the setter position in the National team (Zhekov must have a substitution when he blacks out!):

Here's my summary to all prospectus NT setters in Bulgaria for bella and others not that familiar with our National league players.

- Georgi Bratoev, 24 years old - along with his brother was considered as the greatest talent but he didn't accomplish anything in Tyumen and in the NT. Has a very good serve, both flat and jump. His negative is that he doesn't use his chances and will probably never develop as a starter setter for the NT.

- Konstantin Mitev, 27 years old - he is also a reliable setter but he far from world class or great prospect. He is more known as a playboy than as a volleyball player.

- Gjorgi Gjorgiev, 19 years old - One of the wave of young guns in our Superleague. IMO he is the only reason (let's say 75% Gjorgiev and 25% Yordanov) Marek is currently 2nd in the league. He plays really bald, he makes more mistakes than the acceptable amount but that's partly because he is still very young, and partly because he plays very variably (lots of pipes and difficult sets). Has a great serve as well, capable of making 6-7 aces in a game(ofc considering the weak level of the reception in our league). He still has difficulties setting behind his back though, especially from the 3rd meter.

- Dobromir Dimitrov, 20 years old - considered by many as the next best Bulgarian setter. His perfect cooperation with the MBs Gadzhanov and Gotsev lead his team Pirin Balkanstroy to the first place in our league. This ability of his won him many fans because the titular setter Zhekov doesn't play with the center forwards. This is a reason for Stoychev to call him in the NT at least for the WL Finals in Sofia because he will freshen the setting in the NT with lots of sets to MBs. Otherwise, his play is quite simple, but with little room for error. He is kind of opposite type of setter compared to Gjorgiev - watched outside, Dobri's sets don't look spectacular but are very effective. He hasn't got the serve of Gjorgiev but he is better on block and defence.

- Borislav Georgiev, 19 years old - He was part of the Junior NT team which won silver medal in the European Junior Championship in 2010. I haven't watched enough of his games to make general conclusions but from what I've seen, he is too anxious and can't control his nerves. I don't think he will become a National team level setter.

- Georgi Seganov, 18 years old - He is also considered as great talent and he is youngest of all. He has the privilege to learn from Nikolay Ivanov in CSKA. I watched him only in single points when he entered from the bench for CSKA. He hasn't played an entire game yet or at least I haven't seen him doing so. His skills and development will be shown and seen in the next years.

My personal opinion is that nobody at this moment is in the level of Zhekov and only Gjorgi Gjorgiev and Dobromir Dimitrov can get to this level and beyond but if their game develops. Georgi Seganov is an unknown figure for now, he could also be a choice in the future.

Bulgarian users can add something or correct me if I'm wrong in something. I hope I was helpful.

• Thanks triglav for that comprehensive post, I found it very useful :) Despite your doubts I hope that in some miraculous way Stoychev digs up treasure in form of setter that would substitute Zhekov.

• As for our perspectives for the setter position in the National team (Zhekov must have a substitution when he blacks out!):
    Here's my summary to all prospectus NT setters in Bulgaria for bella and others not that familiar with our National league players.

Great job, triglav_kran :obey: :thumbsup:

What is the situation with Gjorgi Gjorgiev ? Can he theoretically play for our NT or he must get a permition from the Macedonian volleyball federation?

No, he can't, yet. He must first get a permition from the Macedonian volleyball federation and then from FIVB, too. After that he has to wait 1 year and a half and only after that he can start playing for our NT. For now I know that he already got Bulgarian citizenship, but that's the last thing I heard about his question.

Personally I would like to see this Dobromir Dimitrov in the NT for the WL, Seganov's as you say too much green for now, it's too early. My third choice is between Bratoev and Mitev, but maybe I tend a little bit more to Bratoev, although generally I don't like them both :| . At least for Bratoev were some years ago some hopes for something bigger, while Mitev (since I remember him from the time he was still a setter of Levski) has always seemed to me mediocre.

Wild Wild West!

• For the information he provided and commented, triglav_kran did a very nice job! I have almost nothing to add about the setters he knew already. Just a brief remark about Gjorgjev - I am not sure, but I think he has to officially quit connection to any Macedonian national team, junior or senior (if he hasn't already done so) and then wait for maybe a period of like 2 years before he is allowed to join our NT. However, I am saying it once again that I am not 100% certain of these regulations and restrictions. Apart from that the Bulgarian passport is enough to do the trick.

I have watched Bobi Georgiev many times - one of the guys you were lacking information about. I would put him on the level of Dobri Dimitrov, but with the remark that he will have to leave Slavia as soon as possible if he wants to reach the NT level some day. He is very good at plying in the middle, just like Dimitrov, but I think Georgiev still needs some height to contribute to his blocking abilities. Apart from that he is very predictable at times, a guy that FOR NOW cannot turn around the pace of a bad game, unlike Gjorgjev (the Macedonian-born Bulgarian). However, Georgiev knows and plays very well with the players from the new generation, they spent most of their summers together, so he will be a vital part of the NT selection, believe me.

Honestly, I haven't watched Seganov too much to give you some hints. I have some impressions from his performance though, he is indeed the youngest one among those triglav_kran mentioned, so we will see him in the NT soon for sure. I just hope he is healthy and keeps working with Niki Ivanov.

About Zarev, yes, he quit volleyball some years ago, unfortunately, due to a very bad injury.

Right now, knowing the options in front of Stoychev, I would give a break to Zhekov during the summer and give some more chances to Bratoev and Ivan Stanev, even if I have said enough about Stanev in the previous years' topics about the Bulgarian league. The present situation requires Stoychev to take him into consideration despite the fact that he probably won't :)