Bulgarian NT 2012

• No, he can't, yet. He must first get a permition from the Macedonian volleyball federation and then from FIVB, too. After that he has to wait 1 year and a half and only after that he can start playing for our NT. For now I know that he already got Bulgarian citizenship, but that's the last thing I heard about his question.

Just a brief remark about Gjorgjev - I am not sure, but I think he has to officially quit connection to any Macedonian national team, junior or senior (if he hasn't already done so) and then wait for maybe a period of like 2 years before he is allowed to join our NT. However, I am saying it once again that I am not 100% certain of these regulations and restrictions. Apart from that the Bulgarian passport is enough to do the trick.

I've also heard that he at least will have to get a permission from the Macedonian Federation to play for Bulgaria, the Bulgarian passport itself is not enough. And the bad news is that the Macedonians don't want to give him the permission, at least that's what I've heard. This is really awful because he can't raise the level of Macedonian volleyball to a higher degree but he can really help our NT. And isn't it most important what the player wants, not what the Federation wants? I'm also sure that after the passport he has to wait 2 years to play for our NT (like all Cuban refugees to play in a foreign club) but I don't know when they start counting those 2 years - after the passport or after the permission. Anyway, I really like to see him in NT because it isn't 100% sure that he has got the skill, but it's 200% sure that he has got the desire and guts to do it, unlike Bratoev, for ex, who always enters the field frightened.

• Can someone enlighten me and tell me why Gjorgjev should play for Bulgaria? He is among 12 players in Macedonian NT as his brother Nikola. :what: And tell me which federation would give up one of the greatest talents in its history :gone: The sentence that should renounce citizenship because he can not raise the level of volleyball in Macedonia is a tragicomic

• Can someone enlighten me and tell me why Gjorgjev should play for Bulgaria? He is among 12 players in Macedonian NT as his brother Nikola. :what: And tell me which federation would give up one of the greatest talents in its history :gone:

IMO the whole Macedonian team has to play for Bulgaria but that is another story :rolll: :rolll:

Anyway, Gjorgi WANTS to play for our team! Maybe that's why ^^

• IMO the whole Macedonian team has to play for Bulgaria but that is another story :rolll: :rolll:

Anyway, Gjorgi WANTS to play for our team! Maybe that's why ^^

It does not matter what he wants. Sounds harsh, but the Macedonian federation is a major for that matter and they wouldn't let him go. ;)

P.S. Can u provide me link to his statement that he wants to play for Bulgaria :drink:

• BFV officially started the voting for the best in Bulgarian volleyball during the previous year. There are 5 categories:

1) Best Bulgarian volleyball player (men) for 2011
    2) Best Bulgarian volleyball player (women) for 2011
    3) Most talented young Bulgarian player (male) for 2011
    4) Most talented young Bulgarian player (female) for 2011
    5) Best coach for 2011

The winners will be awarded on an offical ceremony before the start of the Olympic qualification tournament in Arena Armeec in May. Here you can vote for your favorites:
    http://vote.volleyball.bg/

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Can someone enlighten me and tell me why Gjorgjev should play for Bulgaria? He is among 12 players in Macedonian NT as his brother Nikola. :what: And tell me which federation would give up one of the greatest talents in its history :gone: The sentence that should renounce citizenship because he can not raise the level of volleyball in Macedonia is a tragicomic

I don't have a link right now but I'm 100% sure that the main reason he got the Bulgarian passport was to play for our NT. There is no problem that he has played for the Macedonian team because he can play for another NT after 2 years, just like in football or basketball. You're right about that the Macedonian federation would have the last word and the Macedonians won't give him that easy, especially to Bulgaria. The political quarrels between Macedonia and Bulgaria can be transfered into the sports field. And Gjorgi does want to play for Bulgaria, believe me. If he says it clearly, he will probably be kicked out from the Macedonian NT and not let to play for Bulgaria. But he has mentioned several times that if he gets a call from our NT coach, he would love to play for us.

As for the thing I've said that he won't raise the level of his NT - I didn't mean that he will drop or not raise the level of Macedonian NT. The fact that he is better than most of their players means that he is raising the level of his NT. All I meant was that Gjorgiev is no Grbic and even if he was, he couldn't make a 3rd class volleyball country into 1st or even 2nd class. It's a bit stupid argument but it is sealed with the fact that he prefers playing for Bulgaria, rather than for Macedonia. Moreover, he's not from Brazil or Cuba, so that you can say that we're buying players. He's Macedonian, so all of the people here are considering him as one of us. The situation in Italy is far worse with players like Travica, Lasko, Zaytsev, Brarnowicz, Zlatanov, Simeonov, Kovar, etc.

But, to be realistic, he will probably never play for our NT because of Macedonias negative attitude towards Bulgaria. Which is a shame...

• Don't write off Bratoev from the list, he has good physique for a setter and he will receive proper training from Georgi Petrov

• I don't have a link right now but I'm 100% sure that the main reason he got the Bulgarian passport was to play for our NT. There is no problem that he has played for the Macedonian team because he can play for another NT after 2 years, just like in football or basketball. You're right about that the Macedonian federation would have the last word and the Macedonians won't give him that easy, especially to Bulgaria. The political quarrels between Macedonia and Bulgaria can be transfered into the sports field. And Gjorgi does want to play for Bulgaria, believe me. If he says it clearly, he will probably be kicked out from the Macedonian NT and not let to play for Bulgaria. But he has mentioned several times that if he gets a call from our NT coach, he would love to play for us.

As for the thing I've said that he won't raise the level of his NT - I didn't mean that he will drop or not raise the level of Macedonian NT. The fact that he is better than most of their players means that he is raising the level of his NT. All I meant was that Gjorgiev is no Grbic and even if he was, he couldn't make a 3rd class volleyball country into 1st or even 2nd class. It's a bit stupid argument but it is sealed with the fact that he prefers playing for Bulgaria, rather than for Macedonia. Moreover, he's not from Brazil or Cuba, so that you can say that we're buying players. He's Macedonian, so all of the people here are considering him as one of us. The situation in Italy is far worse with players like Travica, Lasko, Zaytsev, Brarnowicz, Zlatanov, Simeonov, Kovar, etc.

But, to be realistic, he will probably never play for our NT because of Macedonias negative attitude towards Bulgaria. Which is a shame...

Well I don't know what he said. Also I don't care for political issues because I'm sick of them, especially on the Balkans. Ok Italy has many players from abroad but you can not compare Baranowicz and Zaytsev on one side and Zlatanov and Lasko on the other hand. Baranowicz and Zaytsev were born in Italy while Kovar, Zlatanov, Lasko, Travica, Simeonov not.

In the end I think there r better setters than Gjorgiev :wavy:

• So according to gong.bg these are the new names in Stoychev's list:

Dobromir Dimitrov (setter)
    Borislav Georgiev (setter)
    Borislav Apostolov (MB)
    Vencislav Ragin (MB)
    Simeon Aleksandrov (OH)
    Zlatan Yordanov (OH)

they are all players from our national league

source: http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=258265

Wild Wild West!

• Ananiev's recovering goes well and next week he'll have his first trainings with a ball. According to the doctors he will be ready to play for the WL, which starts in May :)

Wild Wild West!

• Zlatan Yordanov (OH)

Is he related to Boyan?

Ananiev's recovering goes well and next week he'll have his first trainings with a ball. According to the doctors he will be ready to play for the WL, which starts in May :)

That's a great news! I'm still thinking what a terrible pity that we could enjoy Metodi in polish league for such a short time, so now I hope I will be able to enjoy his playing on WL ^^ and I hope he will have some tempting offer from Plusliga, ofc.

PS. Your avatar is making me feel like poor Teodor... ;p

• Dobri 8o I am so thrilled!

Yep, me, too :lol:

btw, I don't know if that's the right place to ask, but I'm getting nervous :evil: WTH is going on with the tickets!? They said long time ago "end of January, beginning of February" ... it's already March for God's sake!!! :mad:

Wild Wild West!

• Yep, me, too :lol:

btw, I don't know if that's the right place to ask, but I'm getting nervous :evil: WTH is going on with the tickets!? They said long time ago "end of January, beginning of February" ... it's already March for God's sake!!! :mad:

They don't know when they will start selling them either. When asking them(not me, personally) when, they 1st said 2 weeks ago, then 2 weeks ago they said last week, then last week they said that tomorrow they'll start selling them. I don't believe that will happen. A good marker is when you start noticing Matey's, Vlado's and Andrey's posters in the subway and in the trams :)

• They don't know when they will start selling them either. When asking them(not me, personally) when, they 1st said 2 weeks ago, then 2 weeks ago they said last week, then last week they said that tomorrow they'll start selling them. I don't believe that will happen. A good marker is when you start noticing Matey's, Vlado's and Andrey's posters in the subway and in the trams :)

Ook, so when I see Matey looking at me from 280 I get off the bus at the 4th kilometer and run for a ticket - I got it :D
    Do you have any infofmation if there will be for sale only single-match tickets or there will be also some kind of packages for more matches, or why not for all matches?
    :drink:

Wild Wild West!

• Ook, so when I see Matey looking at me from 280 I get off the bus at the 4th kilometer and run for a ticket - I got it :D
    Do you have any infofmation if there will be for sale only single-match tickets or there will be also some kind of packages for more matches, or why not for all matches?
    :drink:

I only know that the tickets will be from 10 to 25 leva. I think you will get a serious discount if you buy a package for all of Bulgaria's matches. I think there will be bonus packages for all matches in a single day. What I really want to know is if there will be bonus packages for 3 out of 5 matches. For ex. Bulgaria - Serbia, 1/2 final with Bulgaria, final with Bulgaria. I don't know how on earth willl we manage to get the tickets for the final if they start selling them after the end of the semifinal.

• They are already selling tickets for Ceca Velickovic's concert which is like 20 days after the OQ, but still no tickets for the OQ :lol: :wall: