Bulgarian NT 2012

• Hm, the situation with Victor Yosifov is getting wierd :huh:
    Look what Lazarov says:
    http://www.trud.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=1278665

for those who don't understand Bulgarian:

"it is already half and a month that we can't force Yosifov to go in France and see Dr Dupon; we don't know what's with him and if he will be ready for the qualification; we also don't know if he's been treated there or not; Italians from Modena themselves don't reveal what his problem is."
    - words of Danch Lazarov

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• The 25-man roster for the World League:

Setters

Andrey Zhekov (Copra Elinor Piacenza, ITA)
    Georgi Bratoev (Levski Volley)
    Dobromir Dimitrov (Pirin Balkanstroy)
    Borislav Georgiev (Slavia)

Opposites

Vladimir Nikolov (Copra Elior Piacenza, ITA)
    Tsvetan Sokolov (Itas Diatec Trentino, ITA)
    Boyan Yordanov (Carige Genova, ITA)
    Danail Milushev (BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte, ITA)

Attackers

Matey Kaziyski (Itas Diatec Trentino, ITA)
    Todor Aleksiev (Gazprom-Yugra Surgut, RUS)
    Todor Skrimov (Paris Volley, FRA)
    Valentin Bratoev (Globo Banca Pop. Frusinate Sora, ITA)
    Metodi Ananiev (PZU AZS Olsztyn, POL)
    Nikolay Penchev (Copra Elior Piacenza, ITA)
    Simeon Aleksandrov (Levski Volley)

Middle-blockers

Teodor Todorov (Gazprom-Yugra Surgut, RUS)
    Nikolay Nikolov (Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia, ITA)
    Viktor Yosifov (Casa Modena, ITA)
    Hristo Tsvetanov (Lyon, FRA)
    Kostadin Gadzhanov (Pirin Balkanstroy)
    Svetoslav Gotsev (Pirin Balkanstroy)
    Teodor Bogdanov (Saipa Alborz Karadz, IRI)

Liberos

Teodor Salparov (CSKA)
    Vladislav Ivanov (free agent) - played in Tomis Constanta, ROM, in the first half of the year
    Martin Bozhilov (Marek Union-Ivkoni)

• The 22-man roster for the Olympic Qualification tournament in Sofia is slightly different, the only difference comes in the setter position where the experienced Nikolay Naydenov (turning 38 in April) is called up to help the NT after his great second half of the season in Neftochimik. The team:

Setters

Andrey Zhekov (Copra Elinor Piacenza, ITA)
    Georgi Bratoev (Levski Volley)
    Dobromir Dimitrov (Pirin Balkanstroy)
    Nikolay Naydenov (Neftochimik 2010)

Opposites

Vladimir Nikolov (Copra Elior Piacenza, ITA)
    Tsvetan Sokolov (Itas Diatec Trentino, ITA)
    Boyan Yordanov (Carige Genova, ITA)
    Danail Milushev (BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte, ITA)

Attackers

Matey Kaziyski (Itas Diatec Trentino, ITA)
    Todor Aleksiev (Gazprom-Yugra Surgut, RUS)
    Todor Skrimov (Paris Volley, FRA)
    Valentin Bratoev (Globo Banca Pop. Frusinate Sora, ITA)
    Nikolay Penchev (Copra Elior Piacenza, ITA)

Middle-blockers

Teodor Todorov (Gazprom-Yugra Surgut, RUS)
    Nikolay Nikolov (Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia, ITA)
    Viktor Yosifov (Casa Modena, ITA)
    Hristo Tsvetanov (Lyon, FRA)
    Kostadin Gadzhanov (Pirin Balkanstroy)
    Svetoslav Gotsev (Pirin Balkanstroy)

Liberos

Teodor Salparov (CSKA)
    Vladislav Ivanov (free agent) - played in Tomis Constanta, ROM, in the first half of the year
    Martin Bozhilov (Marek Union-Ivkoni)

• I see the name of Viktor Yosifov in both lists, so does it mean that he'll be ready to play even for the OG qualification? Any news about his case? I couldn't really understand what's that mistery around him ?(

Wild Wild West!

• I see the name of Viktor Yosifov in both lists, so does it mean that he'll be ready to play even for the OG qualification? Any news about his case? I couldn't really understand what's that mistery around him ?(

No, actually, there is no news about him. I guess Stoychev and the NT doctors should have some ideas about him, probably he will recover in time for the OG Qualification. But I really don't know, makes no sense otherwise for Stoychev to call up an injured player. I was even surprised to see Ananiev for the WL roster, don't know if he will be well enough during the summer.

• No, actually, there is no news about him. I guess Stoychev and the NT doctors should have some ideas about him, probably he will recover in time for the OG Qualification. But I really don't know, makes no sense otherwise for Stoychev to call up an injured player. I was even surprised to see Ananiev for the WL roster, don't know if he will be well enough during the summer.

Yes, that's what's bothering me, too. It's not about only to be healthy, but to be in good enough sports form and physical condition. Honestly, I doubt it that after so long pause with no matches and obviously serious healthy problems, Yosifov will succeed to gain shape so fast, as for Ananiev, well at least we know for sure that his recovering goes well, but most probably he also won't be ready to play on max, even if it's for the league.

Yesterday in our media was mentioned that are planned two friendly matches with the team of Cuba before the WL.

Wild Wild West!

• Change in plans. Instead of France, Bulgaria will play friendly matches with Slovakia. That will probably happen in the beginning of May, but it is still not clear whether the games will be in "Arena Armeec" or "Arena Samokov".

Apart from Slovakia, it got clear that Bulgaria will play friendlies with Australia, too.

Wild Wild West!

• Bulgaria will play friendly matches with Iran in Sofia after the end of OG qualification tournament. It's expected the team of Iran to arrive in the capital around 20 May.

Wild Wild West!

• Say hello to my big friend

Селекционерът на националния отбор по волейбол Радостин Стойчев готви изненада за олимпийската квалификация в Арена Армеец от 8 до 13 май.
    Гонг видя, че треньорът ни подготвя сюрприз за съперниците в битката за единствената квота за Лондон 2012. Изненадата обаче засега ще запазим в тайна, за да не достигне до останалите отбори участници на турнира в София, но обещаваме да ви я съобщим още при първа възможност.

http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=268707

Now I'm a little bit curious what the surprise is! :D Any suggestions? :P

Wild Wild West!

• Rado is still hiding the group of 12 players. The media says that there is a chance Yosifov will be in. It is expected that the group will be released tonight. Also Tsvetanov is not likely to be in that group, if Yosifov isn't fit, one of Gotsev or Gadzhanov is going to be called. Also, our media is constantly mentioning some surprise that Stoychev has prepared ?!

• mug tournament! :sleeping: who cares! :tzz:

hahaha, our sports sites overhype it like it's the end of the world but it hasn't started yet so you don't know anything :lol:

Or maybe you have the feeling that we will choke and not get the quota so this is a defensive mechanism of letting the disappointment away? :D

• hahaha, our sports sites overhype it like it's the end of the world but it hasn't started yet so you don't know anything :lol:

Or maybe you have the feeling that we will choke and not get the quota so this is a defensive mechanism of letting the disappointment away? :D

bah, I am in a full hater's mood but basically you are right, besides I don't get the feeling, I am nearly 100% sure this will happen! Just look - the tickets for the 1st match are not even half way sold and the sport hall will be empty in probably our most important match (not to mention the matches our team isn't playing - big empty hall :pinch: ). The one on the next day, when everything already went wrong, the arena will be full since we play Serbia, but so what? Even if we win those 2 matches which is far from certain considering the awful shape our team is, we will get the second place and Italy at the semifinal, dramatic 4-5 setter lost with Alexiev choking big time on crucial points...alright! I've seen this scenario sooooooooooooooo many times! It would have been more reasonable for teams to have at least 1 month of preparation after their championships to have at least some decent quality volleyball.. Now we will have a crap play coupled with incredible hysteria and nerves! :tzz: All that for nothing!

• bah, I am in a full hater's mood but basically you are right, besides I don't get the feeling, I am nearly 100% sure this will happen! Just look - the tickets for the 1st match are not even half way sold and the sport hall will be empty in probably our most important match (not to mention the matches our team isn't playing - big empty hall :pinch: ). The one on the next day, when everything already went wrong, the arena will be full since we play Serbia, but so what? Even if we win those 2 matches which is far from certain considering the awful shape our team is, we will get the second place and Italy at the semifinal, dramatic 4-5 setter lost with Alexiev choking big time on crucial points...alright! I've seen this scenario sooooooooooooooo many times! It would have been more reasonable for teams to have at least 1 month of preparation after their championships to have at least some decent quality volleyball.. Now we will have a crap play coupled with incredible hysteria and nerves! :tzz: All that for nothing!

Yes, this is true, but I don't get angry at this. Not anymore. The guys play in good teams in Europe, they (even Toshko) do everything in their power for Bulgaria to win medals and to advertise our country. Stoychev himself said that the National Team is just the showcase of what our situation with volleyball is in the country. What I'm mad at is what happened in our National league at the end. I'm irritated that we spend so much money on this new sports hall and our kids play in basements and backyards where the temperature is below 0 degrees. What I'm angry about is that servers have to kick the spectators in order to perform a serve, the owners saying that there is no money for new halls and Stoychev saying that EU is giving money without compensation for new halls. You only have to candidate for the project. And nobody has candidated... What I'm angry about is that there are money and funds can be found for our sports but it is governt by communist thugs, idiots and fools who don't know how to manage their teams. And building Arena Armeec and expecting something from the NT is building a house from the roof. How can they expect success when the base of our sports is in such low level? Whatever Matey, Vlado, Andrey, Tedy, Monty, Victor, Toshko, Tsetso and the others do - they can't be blamed. They mustn't be blamed. Other people must be blamed, but not them. They deserve only :obey:

And about the public - the tickets are not cheap. If you want to watch all matches from a standpoint better than bird's eye view, you have to pay 125 leva. People prefer to pay less and support the team in the toughest battles. I agree, though, that the match vs Slovenia is crucial and there won't be much audience in it. About the other matches - of course there are no tickets bought. You know that if you buy a ticket for a Bulgarian match, you automatically can go to other matches in the same day absolutely free. That's what I'll do, that's what most of the people will do. Who will go to Slovenia-Spain and not go to Bulgaria-Serbia?

• It is final, this is the list:

Setters: Andrey Zhekov, Georgi Bratoev

Receivers: Matey Kaziyski, Todor Alexiev, Nikolay Penchev, Todor Skrimov

Middle blockers: Nikolay Nikolov, Teodor Todorov, Victor Yosifov

Opposites: Vladimir Nikolov, Tsvetan Sokolov

Libero: Teodor Salparov

No surprises, the media threw bullshits again. So, Yosifov is in, Skrimov is also in for the expence of the other Bratoev.