Brazil NT 2012

• I think more then Vissotto, Dante will be the key player for us!

If He can come back playing his best level...we have great chances.

Honestly I really like Wallace from SADA Cruzeiro, but like you wrote for him still misses experience, but when he get that...he is just impressive...his powerful jumps, he looks like a cuban.

The shape of the guys will determinate what will happen.

Bruninho, Vissotto, Murilo, Dante, Sidão, Lucão, Serginho should be the starting team in my opinion.
    Ricardinho, Wallace, Éder, Maurício, Giba...completing the list....that would be my list for Olympic Games.

Consedering the seaosn they made, I think that would be fair. but Im pretty sure Theo and Rodrigão will get Wallace and Éder places. and is possible also Maurício not there, but I would like to see Maurício and Wallace there, would be an incredible experience for them for the future.

• Bruno can be sure of his existing in the roster. Bigger problem has Marlon and Ricardo, 'cause I guess, that they both would fight for second place in the team. I would like to see Ricardo there, of course, I don't expect that his comeback to the NT will be great, he could lose something of his great skills(I just suppose), but Marlon is not a great setter, he's ordinary and nothing else, as Joana said - he got many chances from coach in last year and mostly I didn't know why.
    I agree that Brazil should wait for Wallace Souza - he can be in future a star of this team, because opposite position is the weakest in Brazil's team. The last good tournament in Vissotto's performance I saw in 2010 WCh(I said, that he should got MVP of tour), he's very chimerical and unstable. Theo? Good World League, but I don't think, that he can be a main player of his national team.

My starting roster is like it looked in last year(positive for Brazil is that they don't change a team a lot). We will see.

• I'd like to be sure that Bruninho has his spot garantee in Nt, but after last season I dotn know anymore, Marlon was the setter in hole World Cup, and I have no idea why!!!!! :mad:

• I'd like to be sure that Bruninho has his spot garantee in Nt, but after last season I dotn know anymore, Marlon was the setter in hole World Cup, and I have no idea why!!!!! :mad:

last year in Modena Bruno was awesome...really amazing! Ithink it is time for him to be the main setter, with Ricardo ready to come inside if there are problems...

• Lorena to me is just a mediocre opposite. Since the preliminary roster limit was upped to 25 there are going to be players that have no real chance of making the team but were included in the list. I am very happy to see Ricardinho back with the team but I don't think his return will have a huge effect. Bruno has grown over the past years and has become a quality setter and Ricardinho has aged. I agree that I don't think Marlon is a particularly impressive setter and we'll see if they can turn things into a real battle at the setting position. Brazil's biggest problem is their opposite. Theo is a good player but I don't think he's an elite opposite that Brazil can expect to win gold with. Either of the Wallace's are more physical and I think with greater experience could be the answer to Brazil's problems, but they lack experience and there may not be enough time. Vissotto is great when he's playing well but horrible when he's not. He is the key to Brazil's success, IMO. I'd like to see him be more aggressive and assertive on the floor.

I disagree about Lorena. Judging by how our opposites have been playing lately, I think he could be a very good new weapon. It's all a moot point though, cause he pretty much has no chance to even make the cut. Probably won't even be called for trainings. I expected him to be called after season 09/10, when he played for Montes Claros and made the final as well. Even if he leads Vôlei Futuro to the win, I don't think this will happen. The opposite slot is very frustrating, though. Bernardo used a lot of people during the last 3 years - Vissoto, Rivaldo, Théo, Wallace Martins and Wallace Souza. No one really brought it. Vissoto was good in the decisive moments of the WCH, but that was kinda it. I really like Wallace Souza, but he's still a bit green, and I'm sure he won't be our main opposite this year. I've given up hope on Vissoto, honestly. He might surprises us, but he's very unreliable.

last year in Modena Bruno was awesome...really amazing! Ithink it is time for him to be the main setter, with Ricardo ready to come inside if there are problems...

Unfortunately, that's how it has been with Bruno. I know he was excellent in Modena. He's always been excellent here in Brazil as well, playing for Cimed. But he's always been underwhelming on the NT. He's still insecure, I'm afraid. As most of you, I'm not a fan of Marlon as well. We have such a long list of good setters - Rapha, William, Ricardo, just to name the very best, and it seems, unfortunately, we can't take advantage of that.

• Unfortunately, that's how it has been with Bruno. I know he was excellent in Modena. He's always been excellent here in Brazil as well, playing for Cimed. But he's always been underwhelming on the NT. He's still insecure, I'm afraid. As most of you, I'm not a fan of Marlon as well. We have such a long list of good setters - Rapha, William, Ricardo, just to name the very best, and it seems, unfortunately, we can't take advantage of that.

maybe trusting him more could be a solution...just let him play in the starting six, trying not to make him fell oppressed...I think that the settr position is very delicate and they need tranquillity and trust! Bruno could be a future champion and he has to show it firstly in NT! I wish him all the best!

• maybe trusting him more could be a solution...just let him play in the starting six, trying not to make him fell oppressed...I think that the settr position is very delicate and they need tranquillity and trust! Bruno could be a future champion and he has to show it firstly in NT! I wish him all the best!

I think you'll be pleased to know: I just heard that Bruno might be heading back to Modena this next season. He gave an interview yesterday saying that now might be a good time to go to Europe for a full season (rumor has it the team he has played for the last 7 years here in Brazil might cease to exist) and he keeps in touch with people from Modena. I think it might do him some good. Good opportunity to improve.

• I think you'll be pleased to know: I just heard that Bruno might be heading back to Modena this next season. He gave an interview yesterday saying that now might be a good time to go to Europe for a full season (rumor has it the team he has played for the last 7 years here in Brazil might cease to exist) and he keeps in touch with people from Modena. I think it might do him some good. Good opportunity to improve.

Is it possible? I've read, that Modena has some financial problems and players with highest contracts will have to leave this club. Will they have a money for Bruno in this way?

• Is it possible? I've read, that Modena has some financial problems and players with highest contracts will have to leave this club. Will they have a money for Bruno in this way?

I actually don't know a thing about Modena's situation. But here's the link with the news I shared, in portuguese:

http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/v…inho-com-um-pe-na-italia/

This is a serious blogger, far different from Bruno Voloch. He works in a sports paper and he says one of his colleagues interviewed Bruno and he just pretty much says he thinks it's time for a new path in his career, that he still in touch with people from Modena (he doesn't say if it's fans or the club, though) and that he'd be thrilled to play in Modena again, because of the tradition of the team and because he had a great time when he played a couple of matches there, in last year. That's pretty much it.

• I actually don't know a thing about Modena's situation. But here's the link with the news I shared, in portuguese:

http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/v…inho-com-um-pe-na-italia/

This is a serious blogger, far different from Bruno Voloch. He works in a sports paper and he says one of his colleagues interviewed Bruno and he just pretty much says he thinks it's time for a new path in his career, that he still in touch with people from Modena (he doesn't say if it's fans or the club, though) and that he'd be thrilled to play in Modena again, because of the tradition of the team and because he had a great time when he played a couple of matches there, in last year. That's pretty much it.

It would be fantastic to see Bruno in Modena. In short time he made a good cooperation with all of players last season. The question is that those financial problems of Modena are real and if they have a money for Bruno. I just want to know - are some journalists talking about Bruno in Poland? I've read many things about it on polish forums.

• I think you'll be pleased to know: I just heard that Bruno might be heading back to Modena this next season. He gave an interview yesterday saying that now might be a good time to go to Europe for a full season (rumor has it the team he has played for the last 7 years here in Brazil might cease to exist) and he keeps in touch with people from Modena. I think it might do him some good. Good opportunity to improve.

oh yes I'm super pleased!! it would be great to admire him again, of course if Modena can achieve him...I think that Modena should restart and build a completely new team! this year their performances have been really disappointing and Ithink that the supporters deserve a real fighting team! Bruno could a perfect start!! :win: :dance6: :obey:

• It would be fantastic to see Bruno in Modena. In short time he made a good cooperation with all of players last season. The question is that those financial problems of Modena are real and if they have a money for Bruno. I just want to know - are some journalists talking about Bruno in Poland? I've read many things about it on polish forums.

I haven't heard anything about Poland. Actually, in the blog post that I linked, he says he's had offers from Russia as well, as it seems, but he'd rather go to Italy, even if they don't pay him as much as in Russia. (He actually doesn't say that word by word, but you can infere that. His exact words are: "I got a call from Russia as well, but over there, it's more about the money."). Bruno lived in Italy when he was a kid, when Bernardo used to coach italian teams, back in the early 90's, so I reckon he thinks the transition it'll just be easier. Especially if he can go back to Modena, where he already enjoyed that time in the past. As I told you, I have no idea if Modena can afford him, but I have a feeling that if he doesn't go back to Modena, he'll just try another team in Italy. That, of course, unless someone doesn't miraculously decides to sponsor his team here in Brazil, after Sky dropped. Then, I think he'd give the edge to his team here, cause he has strong identification with it. But the team is already being dismantled. Some players already signed with other clubs, so I think it's rather unlikely.

• I haven't heard anything about Poland. Actually, in the blog post that I linked, he says he's had offers from Russia as well, as it seems, but he'd rather go to Italy, even if they don't pay him as much as in Russia. (He actually doesn't say that word by word, but you can infere that. His exact words are: "I got a call from Russia as well, but over there, it's more about the money."). Bruno lived in Italy when he was a kid, when Bernardo used to coach italian teams, back in the early 90's, so I reckon he thinks the transition it'll just be easier. Especially if he can go back to Modena, where he already enjoyed that time in the past. As I told you, I have no idea if Modena can afford him, but I have a feeling that if he doesn't go back to Modena, he'll just try another team in Italy. That, of course, unless someone doesn't miraculously decides to sponsor his team here in Brazil, after Sky dropped. Then, I think he'd give the edge to his team here, cause he has strong identification with it. But the team is already being dismantled. Some players already signed with other clubs, so I think it's rather unlikely.

What a pity. You know, in polish medias and forums people are talking about setter for Skra('cause it seems to be the end of Falasca's time). There are many candidates on this position and Bruno's name is spoken, too. I didn't believe in that at once. I guess, that Bernardo won't let his son to the other country than Italy - the most important is progress and the best place for that is Italy, exactly.
    You are right, I won't be suprised if Bruno will play in the other italian team, not Modena. Especially, that there are some teams, which want to change a setter(Lube, Piacenza, Trentino?). Is it possible that Bruno will stay in Brazil? Maybe some brazilian club wants him next season(SESI(would be nice), RJX, etc.), if Cimed won't back to 'life'?

• What a pity. You know, in polish medias and forums people are talking about setter for Skra('cause it seems to be the end of Falasca's time). There are many candidates on this position and Bruno's name is spoken, too. I didn't believe in that at once. I guess, that Bernardo won't let his son to the other country than Italy - the most important is progress and the best place for that is Italy, exactly.
    You are right, I won't be suprised if Bruno will play in the other italian team, not Modena. Especially, that there are some teams, which want to change a setter(Lube, Piacenza, Trentino?). Is it possible that Bruno will stay in Brazil? Maybe some brazilian club wants him next season(SESI(would be nice), RJX, etc.), if Cimed won't back to 'life'?

It's actually funny, cause in that same interview, he said he thinks the market is a bit tough for setters, in Brazil, specifically (I keep bringing stuff up from the interview whenever you ask... :lol: ). I actually don't buy that very much... Hahaha... I mean, he's Bruno. He won't have a hard time finding a club for him here, for sure. Teams like Sada and Vôlei Futuro are probably more than satisfied with the setters they have now, but I'm sure that Sesi, RJX or even Medley/Campinas, which is a smaller club, but has already signed with former Cimed coach, Marcos Pacheco, and OH Renato, would love to have him on their rosters, and could very well fight for that. I think maybe that's just his way of saying "I'd love to play here in Brazil, but I feel i should try something new." I think sometimes, at least here, people feel a bit cautious about saying they want to move to play in a foreign country, because other people might act like "How dare you wanting to move from Brazil if we're already super fantastic, like the best country ever...". That's a bit silly, I think, cause new experiences can always help one. Look at William, Rapha, and even Ricardo. They all moved to other countries and that helped so much in their careers. I'm sure it'll help Bruno too.

• It's actually funny, cause in that same interview, he said he thinks the market is a bit tough for setters, in Brazil, specifically (I keep bringing stuff up from the interview whenever you ask... :lol: ). I actually don't buy that very much... Hahaha... I mean, he's Bruno. He won't have a hard time finding a club for him here, for sure. Teams like Sada and Vôlei Futuro are probably more than satisfied with the setters they have now, but I'm sure that Sesi, RJX or even Medley/Campinas, which is a smaller club, but has already signed with former Cimed coach, Marcos Pacheco, and OH Renato, would love to have him on their rosters, and could very well fight for that. I think maybe that's just his way of saying "I'd love to play here in Brazil, but I feel i should try something new." I think sometimes, at least here, people feel a bit cautious about saying they want to move to play in a foreign country, because other people might act like "How dare you wanting to move from Brazil if we're already super fantastic, like the best country ever...". That's a bit silly, I think, cause new experiences can always help one. Look at William, Rapha, and even Ricardo. They all moved to other countries and that helped so much in their careers. I'm sure it'll help Bruno too.

I'm sorry, Yates, but Google Chrome translated it a little bit funny("market in Brazil is limited to weightlifters" :lol: ), so I didn't understand it.
    Yeah, I guess, that Volei Futuro won't have to change setter(Ricardo stays, right?), especially that they are close to win league. I would like to see Bruno in SESI, but it's my private feeling, so...
    I can't see any problem with move out to the other country, I always wanted to see Poles in other leagues, new experience, culture and things to see. They back and have better skills. I was wondering once why Bruno doesn't play in Italy now... Modena didn't offer him a contract after his short performance in 2010/2011?
    I'm waiting to see the other brazilian players in Europe. I know that it's more impossible, than possible. I've read an interview with Murilo and he said, that they are playing in Brazil to make league better and better, level to be higher, etc. That's why most of them are there. I don't remember his words so good, but it was like that, I guess.

• I'm sorry, Yates, but Google Chrome translated it a little bit funny("market in Brazil is limited to weightlifters" :lol: ), so I didn't understand it.
    Yeah, I guess, that Volei Futuro won't have to change setter(Ricardo stays, right?), especially that they are close to win league. I would like to see Bruno in SESI, but it's my private feeling, so...
    I can't see any problem with move out to the other country, I always wanted to see Poles in other leagues, new experience, culture and things to see. They back and have better skills. I was wondering once why Bruno doesn't play in Italy now... Modena didn't offer him a contract after his short performance in 2010/2011?
    I'm waiting to see the other brazilian players in Europe. I know that it's more impossible, than possible. I've read an interview with Murilo and he said, that they are playing in Brazil to make league better and better, level to be higher, etc. That's why most of them are there. I don't remember his words so good, but it was like that, I guess.

No, don't apologize! Google always gives us a hard time with those translations, I'm sure it'd be the same way around if I was trying to understand what a polish site was saying... (I have, actually... :lol: It's always a bit of an adventure!). I'm the one who should probably explain more about the content of the post. I guess I was a bit lazy before...
    Actually, so far, there's been a bit of a heat in the market going on especially for Sesi, Medley/Campinas and, in the last couple of hours, Vivo/Minas. Vôlei Futuro and Sada haven't announced anything yet, they're still focused on the final. RJX just got eliminated, so it's the same for them. But I think most of us expect Vôlei Futuro to keep Ricardo, regardless of the results. He won't stay there only if he doesn't want to.

I'm not sure if Modena offered a contract to Bruno after 2010/2011, but I think he was already set to remain in Cimed this past year. They had huge expectations for the team, after making a partnership with Sky and, hence, signing Giba and Gustavo. No one expected them not to make the semis for 2nd year in a row - but again, no one expected Giba to stay out the whole season.

As for the brazilian league thing, you're right. I think a lot of the brazilian NT players - and some players not from the NT as well - saw leaving the country, between 2001 and 2008 as an opportunity to grow. But after that, I think they got too homesick. They probably always were. And then, with the good results of the NT and good economic moment of the country, more sponsors appeared and they could manage to build a very, very strong league (quite a different scenario from our female league... :whistle: ). But now I think it's time that our youngsters, like Bruno, Lucão, maybe Wallace, try moving abroad, for their own good. Fortunately, at this point, I think our league is strong enough to let them go and make this cool exchange with other countries.

It'd be cool to have polish guys around here. Unfortunately, I think it's not very traditional to have european players here. But this past season, Philip Rejlek played for Vivo/Minas and he was very successful.

• Bruninho, Vissotto, Murilo, Dante, Sidão, Lucão, Serginho should be the starting team in my opinion.
    Ricardinho, Wallace, Éder, Maurício, Giba...completing the list....that would be my list for Olympic Games.

Nica squad Joana, but maybe I prefer William instead of Ricardinho and another spiker instead of Mauricio (Bravo? Filipe?). There so many good players in Brazil that is difficult to choose.

• Yeah, Google doesn't help a lot :lol:
    What happened with Cimed, in general? It's so weird when you talking about their expectations, especially that his team could not exist in next season. Whether they had some problems during the season, with salaries, etc? I guess, that they've got financial problems and salaries for Giba and Bruno were high.
    I suppose, that there are no rumors about transfers, etc in brazilian league( :aww: Quiroga in Vivo, no rumors, yeah...). Can you tell me if this formula with one foreign player in team(one, right?) will stay(I know, that it's not a thread for these informations, but... who cares?)?

Lucas can go to Europe. Sidao is not so young like him, so I expect to see maybe just Lucas here. I know, that it's impossible, because, for example we, in Poland prefer players like Vinhedo, Bozko and Nemer(where they good in brazilian league? I've read that Vinhedo had some adventures with NT :what: ) and Lucao is playing in RJX, which is new hegemon in Brazil. Maybe after Olympic Games just one of them will come to Europe.

Do you know when Brazil starts training camp? Will they play any friendly match before WL(amazing to see them in Poland, again :win: )?