Brazil NT 2012

• Yeah, as far as I know he is healty, he was alreayd in the end of club's season.

Also Giba is 100% recovered from the fracture he had, he is training to get his shape back now!

• Interesting words said by Marlon about Ricardo's back(parts of interview):

You said you knew, if Ricardo backs you will go out. Why?
    Do I really have to explain it?
    Do you think it was connected with fact, that Bruno is coach's son?
    No. I had to be third setter. After Marcelinho's leave I became second. In that case I was sure that Bruno stays in team. I know Bruno, I respect Bernardo. I never was a first-six player and I wouldn't be when Ricardo backed. Bernardo thought about Bruno like about main setter of the national team for a long time and it wouldn't change now. I felt, that I won't get call to the NT.
    Now, when you're not in the national team, what do you think about Ricardo's back?
    I see a lot of hypocrisy in this story. First, he said that he has been hurt and he will never come back. Then, they insulded each other together, with coach and were doing things, that personally I would not want to resort. And suddenly, everything is OK? It's strange, at least. Between them was a problem, this story was told many times. But it's not my buisness, to talk about it. Some things have to be forgiven.
    Do you think, that Ricardo's back means, that coach wasn't satisfied of you?
    It means, that he wasn't satisfied of both of us - me and Bruno. He wasn't satisfied of setters, at all, 'cause he couldn't replace Ricardo since his left, in 2007.
    Do you have any hope for call to Olympic Games, at the moment?
    I'm not on training camp, so I don't have any ambitions. But I'm not disappointed. Ricardo's comeback will be spectacular. He's a great setter.

Part of interview comes from blokaut.net

• Rezende talks about Brazil's opponents from World League.

- Poland will be the hardest opponent. It's a candidate to olympic podium and World League's medal. It's tall and strong team, with rich and long tradition. They didn't win any big tittle(which is not right!)but they are always very close to that, especially since their coach is Andrea Anastasi - says Bernardo. He also expect some danger from Canada. - Canada is very unpredictable team. First of all, they've got great coach - Glean Hoag, who taught them to play in american style, to keep tactic very carefully. This team is still building. Of course, on North American continent they are in the second category, behind USA and Cuba, they aren't such a strong team as they. It doesn't mean anything. It's opponent, who's able to play inteligent, so we can expect a tough battle.
    Third team is Finland. Bernardo sees progress, which they still making.- Finland is young team. Some of them are playing in the best leagues in Europe - italian, russian. They've got a lot of experience to play on this level - says Rezende. - I would say Finland can suprise us. They have very good coach, Daniel Castelani, who won European Championship in 2009, with Poland. He's very known in Brazil - as a player and coach, too.

May 18th - vs. Poland
    May 19th - vs. Canada
    May 20th - vs. Finland

SOURCE:http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/noticias.asp?IdNot=16542

• I'm interested to know what's going to happen with the team from now on.

Even though we lost to Poland and Cuba, I'm satisfied with what the team did.

Yes, we lost, but Poland it's the favorite for the gold in OG. Doing a 5 sets game against them with Giba coming back after 8 months without playing it's a huge thing.

Too bad we have just a couple of weeks to improve our game. :whistling:

• Dante has pain in his knee and needs surgery. Murilo needs surgery in his shoulder.

Basically, Dante, Giba, Murilo and Lucão will not be 100% for the OG. :thumbdown:

• :sos: :sos: :sos:

Are you kidding me? I see this information comes from Voloch's blog, but in serious things like this he wouldn't joke. Are you sure these surgeries will be BEFORE OG?

• :sos: :sos: :sos:

Are you kidding me? I see this information comes from Voloch's blog, but in serious things like this he wouldn't joke. Are you sure these surgeries will be BEFORE OG?

according to voloch only dante´s surgery will be before OG..murilo´s one will be after

• according to voloch only dante´s surgery will be before OG..murilo´s one will be after

Nope, both surgeries are after the OG.

• Dante has pain in his knee and needs surgery. Murilo needs surgery in his shoulder.

Basically, Dante, Giba, Murilo and Lucão will not be 100% for the OG. :thumbdown:

My goodness, I don't want this team to be so broken :white: I like these guys, after all... I don't wish them bad.

• Rumors says that Bernardinho is considering leaving Brazil male's NT after the Olympic Games.

Acording to some journalist the reason is: After so many years winning so much, he cant mobilize anymore the big medallions of the team to make the sacrifices he believes is necessary for a team to keep winning and also the younger ones that are arriving are not as dedicated as they should.

Sumarazing...Bernardinho have no power anymore over the players...I think brasilian players let the success go over their heads...I know Bernardinho is very demanding, maybe to much, and that must be really anoying to be working everyday, waking up early, working more then anyone else...but the truth is that proved to work for the brasilians before, and now what...they dont follow his wishes and loose everything.

I think brasilian players, women and men, became a bit cocky over the years.. :down:

• It was more than sure he's going to leave this team after OG. Just look at his contact with players during the matches - they almost don't listen him on technical time-out, he's getting angry all the time but his anger doesn't affect on players(in this positive way, I mean to MOTIVATE them). With the end of Olympic Games great era of brazilian volleyball will end, too. Giba leaves, Ricardo leaves, Sergio leaves. And Bernardo...

• But I'm happy with the end of this era, it's the healthiest thing! ^^

When I look at this team now and see it without Lucarelli, William (best setter of superleague), Lorena (best opposite of superleague), really annoys me. :mad:

When I look at this team I see a lack of desire. They've already won everything...Yep! :sleeping:

With all this players and coach leaving, the team will be accessible for young players! Maybe they can begin a new era, who knows! :whistle:

But I have no ideia who could be the new coach!

And there's a chance of Bernardinho going back to our female NT.

• When I look at this team now and see it without Lucarelli, William (best setter of superleague), Lorena (best opposite of superleague), really annoys me. :mad:

I agree. Rezende isn't open for new choices. That's why brazilian roster doesn't change for few years. And maybe that's why the atmosphere isn't like it should be.

• Imo Brasil had very poor WL due all players except Vissotto returned in Brazil. They lost contact with European volleyball, tactics, players etc. in short they stopped ''thinking'' like Europeans. Rezende obviously can't motivate players, no changes in team for a while and players become sure about their position among 12 players. Tough time for Brazil.

• Imo Brasil had very poor WL due all players except Vissotto returned in Brazil. They lost contact with European volleyball, tactics, players etc. in short they stopped ''thinking'' like Europeans. Rezende obviously can't motivate players, no changes in team for a while and players become sure about their position among 12 players. Tough time for Brazil.

I agree, It hink it was stupid idea from CBV to incentivate all players t come back to make our league "stronger" big deal, they should be where is the best for them, where they can improve.

• It's offtopic so i'm sorry, but in 1983 Brasil and USSR have friendly match in Maracana stadium before over 90000 audience :heart: , does brasilian tv have recorded this epic event? may be some pics, I'm afraid to ask for video?

• It's offtopic so i'm sorry, but in 1983 Brasil and USSR have friendly match in Maracana stadium before over 90000 audience :heart: , does brasilian tv have recorded this epic event? may be some pics, I'm afraid to ask for video?

• Bruna.:obey:Thank you, thank you, thank you :obey:

I WANT MORE!

I never heard about anybody having this match :S

Too bad