Polish NT 2012

• bella

Montpellier had huge problems with injury. French NT MB Franck Laffite picked up heavy knee injury in 3rd or 4th round and season was over for him. Starting from December till mid January they had huge crisis with injuries. Libero Daniel, French NT OH Lyneel, OH Quesque were out due injuries while Duhagon and Gromadowski were playing despite slighty injuries. After Lyneel and Daniel returned they won 4 out of 5 matches, including Poitiers and lost to Cannes only. So reason for their position were injuries not lack of quality or poor form. :wavy:

I never say nothing about "poor form" or "lack of quality". I wrote that club was not doing well based on rank in a table. Actually, I don't watch French league so my answer for Martee wasn't very concrete ;) But as I can see you have information about the topic above so thank you for sharing :D

• I never say nothing about "poor form" or "lack of quality". I wrote that club was not doing well based on rank in a table. Actually, I don't watch French league so my answer for Martee wasn't very concrete ;) But as I can see you have information about the topic above so thank you for sharing :D

Ewelina :drink:

Btw. Marcel was best Montpellier's scorer in last 2 matches :wavy:

• @toraypower

On what basis you claim that Montpellier isn't good club? They are stabile French club, currently having several NT players: Lyneel and Laffite French, Schneider Austrian, Le Marrec played for French NT for 12 years (140 caps), Gromadowski was playing for Poland. With respect to your opinion on the French league here is one of information for you. France had two champions of Europe and two Top teams (CEV) cup winners in the last 15 years. Paris won CL in 2001/2002 season and Tours 2004/2005. Beside CL Paris have won Top teams cup 2000 and European Supercup 2000, Cannes won CEV Cup 1999. Remind me how many European cups won Polish teams in same period :wavy:

Ayayay, I said wrong, I didn't mean that. I meant, that Gromadowski can not find a stability in the other country, except France. I would never say, that french league and Montpellier is weak/bad, etc., 'cause it's not true.

Sorry :P

• Can we expect surprising callings to NT?
    http://siatkowka.przegladsport…artykul,132575,1,892.html

ATTACK
    A year ago, in group of OPPs were Marcel Gromadowski, Bartosz Janeczek, Piotrek Gruszka and Jakub Jarosz. The first three players are not flashed a good form this season, in contrast to Jarosz who along with Zbigniew Bartman may be the foundation of our offensive at the Olympics in London. Who could complete this group?
    - The revelation of the season is Bartosz Krzysiek who started as a player of Young League but ends as a basic player of AZS Olsztyn. He has excellent physical condition, he is over six feet tall. Also Dawid Konarski from Delecta Bydgoszcz deserves coach's attention. I had the pleasure to work with this guy for a long time and I know he has great talent - says former coach of Polish NT, Waldemar Wspaniały.

NEWCOMERS FROM THE CAPITAL?
    Among the seven receivers, for which a year ago coach Anastasi decided, may also occur significant changes. Zbigniew Bartman leave this group, because it is almost certain that the coach sees him as OPP. On the list will be probably Michał Winiarski, who is in great shape and doesn't complain of health problems.
    - Of the receivers, who years ago found themselves in NT roster, Mateusz Mika disappointed me. This boy spent the season mostly on the bench and didn't really make a progress. Michał Bąkiewicz is struggling with health problems and Wojciech Ferens is still a melody of the future. The couple from Politechnika Warszawska drew my attention - Krzysztof Wierzbowski and Wojciech Żaliński. Despite the problems of their team they present very solid - says former coach of white and red.

NEW ON THE MIDDLE?
    During the coaches' selection of the best six after completed recently main round of Plusliga two coaches - Radosław Panas from Politechnika Warszawska and Grzegorz Wagner from Fart Kielce distinguished 24-year-old MB Andrzej Wronawho also may find himself among potential newcomers in the Polish NT.
    - For some time he proves his worth on the court and he's certainly a promising player. ON MB position coach Anastasi may be in trouble because of richness. Apart from tested players also veterans, such as Daniel Pliński and WojciechGrzyb, are presenting decently. Piotr Hain disappeared, he spent the season on the bench of AZS Olsztyn - calculated coach Wspaniały.

• Hmm...
    I think that all of them would be on magic Andrea's list. I mean Konarski, Krzysiek, Wierzbowski, Zalinski and Wrona. Definitely Andrea would like to try their skills on this higher level. Just for future, after Olympic Games. I wonder, if he would back to Lomacz. I don't expect a comeback of Gromadowski. This guy didn't make a progress.

The most important information is that Andrea Anastasi will stay with Polish NT to 2014 :win:

• I wonder, if he would back to Lomacz.

I expect him on Andrea's list. Though the results of Trefl say something opposite, Gregor plays well this season, I think he's the most stable player in his team and it's a terrible pity that Lorenzo got rid of him.
    On this long list (which should be revealed at the end of March, btw) I expect and really badly want to see Zagumny, Żygadło, Drzyzga, Łomacz and I also hope to NOT see Woicki

• Most of the young players belong to post-2012 seasons. No one coach would take some players without any international competition experiences to Olympics.

• I expect him on Andrea's list. Though the results of Trefl say something opposite, Gregor plays well this season, I think he's the most stable player in his team and it's a terrible pity that Lorenzo got rid of him.
    On this long list (which should be revealed at the end of March, btw) I expect and really badly want to see Zagumny, Żygadło, Drzyzga, Łomacz and I also hope to NOT see Woicki

No, no, no. Woicki won't be on list. Last year Andrea took him on World League, because he didn't know a lot about our setters so he decided to take a champion of Poland(maybe he didn't want to risk?). In this year I see no chance for Woicki, even as a guy, who's just to make a killing serve instead of somebody ;) It would not be fair for Drzyzga, Lomacz who are the main brains in their teams(well, Zygadlo is in the same position as Woicki, but we know how Lukasz can play so there is no discussion).

Back to Lomacz - I still wonder why Lorenzo Bernardi decided to resign from Gregor. When I'm watching Jastrzebski and see this shitty game in setters' performance I'm laughing and saying "You could have Lomacz in bench, Lorenzo...". I won't be suprised, if Lomacz would back to JW after this season. I guess, that Grodecki wants to have a soild and stable(as you said) player in his team, and most important - tested/checked player!

• Back to Lomacz - I still wonder why Lorenzo Bernardi decided to resign from Gregor. When I'm watching Jastrzebski and see this shitty game in setters' performance I'm laughing and saying "You could have Lomacz in bench, Lorenzo...". I won't be suprised, if Lomacz would back to JW after this season. I guess, that Grodecki wants to have a soild and stable(as you said) player in his team, and most important - tested/checked player!

Hey, you're right 'cause he is only BORROWED to Trefl! :evil laugh: :P
    No matter what, I don't want to see Vinhedo in Poland next season, I want to see Gregor playing in a better team, I want Fabian finally showing that he's not only "talented and promising" and I want to see Ziomek back in Poland.

• Polish wide roster on World League 2012:

Outside hitters:
    Michał Kubiak (Jastrzębski Węgiel)
    Bartosz Kurek (PGE Skra Bełchatów)
    Mateusz Mika (Asseco Resovia)
    Michał Ruciak (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn Koźle)
    Michał Winiarski (PGE Skra Bełchatów)
    Wojciech Ferens (Indykpol AZS UWM Olsztyn)
    Wojciech Żaliński (AZS Politechnika Warszawska)
    Setters:
    Fabian Drzyzga (Tytan AZS Częstochowa)
    Grzegorz Łomacz (Lotos Trefl Gdańsk)
    Paweł Woicki (PGE Skra Bełchatów)
    Paweł Zagumny (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle)
    Łukasz Żygadło (Itas Diatec Trentino)
    Opposites:
    Jakub Jarosz (Andreoli Latina)
    Dawid Konarski (Delecta Bydgoszcz)
    Bartosz Krzysiek (Indykpol AZS UWM Olsztyn)
    Middle blockers:
    Karol Kłos (PGE Skra Bełchatów)
    Marcin Możdżonek (PGE Skra Bełchatów)
    Piotr Nowakowski (Asseco Resovia)
    Łukasz Wiśniewski (Tytan AZS Częstochowa)
    Andrzej Wrona (Delecta Bydgoszcz)
    Grzegorz Kosok (Asseco Resovia)
    Libero:
    Krzysztof Ignaczak (Asseco Resovia)
    Damian Wojtaszek (AZS Politechnika Warszawska)
    Paweł Zatorski (PGE Skra Bełchatów)

Don't know on which position will play Zbigniew Bartman.

Guess, that young players won't be on court just for a minute, but it's very nice to call players for future, so Andrea did it. I don't what Woicki is doing there, it's just unbelievable for me. If you want to play in the NT go to Skra and sit in the bench - it's a recipe for success! The same with Mika, but the difference is that he's young and still perspective, so he has to get a chance, even if he's not playing in Resovia at all. Smile appeared on my face, when I saw Zalinski, Konarski, Wrona and Wojtaszek :thumbsup:

• About Woicki - I guess that Andrea hadn't any other choice. Because who? Dobrowolski? (I would see him with a pleasure instead of Woicki but I can hardly remember him in NT... Was he even called ever?) Stelmach? :cursing: Kozłowski? Any other setter came to your mind, Aga?
    McGregor is back :thumbsup:
    There is no reason to be worried about Woicki in NT 'cause Zagumny and Żygadło leave the competition far behind...

I'm 99% sure that Bartman will play as OPP.

OH position... I have mixed feelings. Don't get me wrong, I like Mateusz Mika, I'm waiting and waiting for him to show that's he's not only "promising" but I don't get this calling. I mean Krzysiek Wierzbowski plays in starting six and with nice results. Żaliński has been called so why not him? IMO they play on the similar level with small plus from me for Wierzbowski. So I would rather see Wierzbowski and Żaliński together in NT for doing great job and for fighting spirit. Why Mika is in the roster? He doesn't fight, doesn't overcome adversity, doesn't make me standing with mouth open like Wierzbowski and Żaliński (all guys from Politechnika, actually), he doesn't even play!
    If it comes to Wojtek Ferens - I like the choice.
    What a pity that Rafał Buszek disappeared somewhere...

Big plus for Krzysiek, Konarski... I must admit that I believed, until today, that Wlazły will play after all. Silly me :aww: And isn't it weird feeling, not seeing veteran Gruszka? I feel strange about that but I was pretty sure that I won't see Piotrek in the roster. He hasn't great season in Italy. So the topic is closed.

Middles... OH MY GOD. Andrea, thank you for Wiśniewski and Wrona but lack of Pliński hurts me like hell... I still think he should be there instead of Kłos though I don't have such negative feelings about Kłos lately.
    No Czarnowski... I know that he's after injury but Kosok is after injury too. And though I like them both I think that Czarnowski had some really great matches, his only drawback is serve, nothing else, really... And he's more powerful in attack than Grześ.
    And Grzyb... I wasn't a big fan of him, actually I didn't like him in NT, he was neuter for me. But he has great season and since he's in Resovia he improved a lot in attack and in serve.
    What to say, we have diamond mind on the middle...
    But, Andrea... Daniel Pliński? ;(
    Not to mention about my Kadziewicz.

Damian Wojtaszek! :heart: I guess that he has no chance with Zatorski in Andrea's eyes but I hope he'll at least gain some experience.

• About Woicki - I guess that Andrea hadn't any other choice. Because who? Dobrowolski? (I would see him with a pleasure instead of Woicki but I can hardly remember him in NT... Was he even called ever?)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a cool name! Mickey Volunteer :lol: Or Micky Good Will :rolll: It sounds really cool in Bulgarian.

• About Woicki - I guess that Andrea hadn't any other choice. Because who? Dobrowolski? (I would see him with a pleasure instead of Woicki but I can hardly remember him in NT... Was he even called ever?) Stelmach? :cursing: Kozłowski? Any other setter came to your mind, Aga?

I think, that Andrea could take someone else instead of Woicki - even on the other position. It's weird for me that we have 5 setters - just one more middle blocker and two opposites less.

But, Andrea... Daniel Pliński? ;(

It seems, that if you said 'no' one time Andrea would tell you 'no' many more times in future :)

• It seems, that if you said 'no' one time Andrea would tell you 'no' many more times in future :)

Hey, we have talked about it already... Winiarski and Zagumny said no as well and here they are. Andrea just doesn't see for Daniel place in NT... and for Wojtek Grzyb too. We have so many talented middles, Andrea want them to make progress and gain some experience. What doesn't mean that I don't miss Daniel... And I read about Patryk Czarnowski. Andrea wanted him in the roster but it was written that he couldn't call him because of health problems and I was like "Whaaaat? Again?".

I think, that Andrea could take someone else instead of Woicki - even on the other position. It's weird for me that we have 5 setters - just one more middle blocker and two opposites less.

I didn't think about it... Silly me :aww: Heeeey, I want one more MB instead of Woicki :mad:

• Hey, we have talked about it already... Winiarski and Zagumny said no as well and here they are. Andrea just doesn't see for Daniel place in NT... and for Wojtek Grzyb too. We have so many talented middles, Andrea want them to make progress and gain some experience. What doesn't mean that I don't miss Daniel... And I read about Patryk Czarnowski. Andrea wanted him in the roster but it was written that he couldn't call him because of health problems and I was like "Whaaaat? Again?".

It's a little bit weird for me, that everybody asks about Grzyb - as I remember he ended his NT's career...
    Yeah, I was pretty shocked, when I've read that Patryk is not ready to withstand this tough season. I guess, that because of those injures, which attacked him year ago he will never be healthy in 100%...

I didn't think about it... Silly me :aww: Heeeey, I want one more MB instead of Woicki :mad:

I prefer opposite, but we don't have a good player on this position, so I agree!

• It's a little bit weird for me, that everybody asks about Grzyb - as I remember he ended his NT's career...

I watched an interview with him lately and he said (answering on a question) that it would be nice if he was in the NT roster again...

• Some of our guys like Jarosz, Łomacz, Wojtaszek (so it means that with his ankle is everything ok!) and others who ended league season earlier are in Spała from yesterday. The crew will be complete on April 30.
    http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…tydzien-kadra-w-komplecie

In the meantime, Jakub Jarosz will be today's guest in Wanio's program Magazyn SET at 6pm. I'm going to watch it, for sure he has sth interesting to say as he just came back from Italy :)