• Head coach of Serbian NT Igor Kolakovic announced yesterday the list of players for the OG qualification and WL:

setters: Vlado Petković, Mihajlo Mitić, Nikola Jovović, Aleksa Brdjović;
    opposites: Saša Starović, Aleksandar Atanasijević, Tomislav Dokić,
    Milija Mrdak;
    libero: Nikola Rosić, Filip Vujić;
    MBs: Dragan Stanković, Marko Podraščanin, Milan Rašić, Borislav Petrović, Dejan Radić, Srećko Lisinac;
    OHs: Bojan Janić, Nikola Kovačević, Miloš Nikić, Uroš Kovačević, Miloš Terzić, Miloš Vemić, Nemanja Petrić, Nikola Mijailović i Marko Ivović.

Ivan Miljkovic won't be part of the team for these competitions.

Kolakovic: "Ivan told me his decision in February and I'm not surprised. Despite his absence the aims in front of the team remain the same - we want to qualify to London, OGs are our priority, but we also won't neglect the WL,too."

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Milijkovic has ended NT career.
    He has said that the last point for NT He has got versus USA in the 2011 World Cup.

• Miljikovic end his career in the national team.

http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…ii-zdobylem-w-meczu-z-usa

Ivan's debiut in the NT was in 1998, Japan, in match Yugoslavia-Turkey. Since then he was a leader of his team, for many years. His absence in the roster for WL and OG qualifications was strange for fans, but their thought, that Igor Kolakovic decided to give Ivan a time to rest, like he was doing in previous years. The reason of absence is much worse - Ivan decided to stop playing in the national team.
    - My family is a priority for me - more important than playing in the national team now - he said. - It's the end, definitely. The last point, which I scored for my team was in match with USA, at World Cup 2011. I gave everything, what I have the best for Serbia, I tried to help my team the best how I could. I think, that I did many good things for volleyball in Serbia - just look on the results. But now it's a time, when I have to devote myself for the other things, not volleyball. My dream is to give all my experience and knowledge for young players - I wanna be their role model to follow and I believe, that we will see a birth of new, great generation.
    Coach of Serbia NT, Igor Kolakovic wasn't suprised of his decision. - Ivan told me about it in February. I wanted to convince him to change it, but it's the last word. After many years of playing in the NT, Ivan deserved for big respect - said Kolakovic, and add, that Ivan's absence won't change his and his team's targets - they want to qualify to OG and show their best at World League.

• I will miss Miljko but I understand him and after reading that news I had lyrics of polish song in my head: "Trzeba wiedzieć kiedy ze sceny zejść niepokonanym." ("You have to know when to go from the scene as invincible.") I will keep Ivan in my memory as invincible, MVP of ECh 2011 :win:
    And now it's time for younger OPPs. Luckily, I like guys from this position (if it comes to setters I still can't see any worthy successor of Grbic). I hope that Sasa is recovering well.

btw. I don't like Kolakovic, really... no place for Bjelica and Cupko in NT :thumbdown:

• What's up with Dejan Bojovic? Is he in a bad shape or what? With the retirement of Miljkovic and the injury of Starovic Bojovic should've been called up, at least I would have given him a chance. Atanasijevic is way too young to play all summer long on international level.

• I will miss Miljko but I understand him and after reading that news I had lyrics of polish song in my head: "Trzeba wiedzieć kiedy ze sceny zejść niepokonanym." ("You have to know when to go from the scene as invincible.") I will keep Ivan in my memory as invincible, MVP of ECh 2011 :win:
    And now it's time for younger OPPs. Luckily, I like guys from this position (if it comes to setters I still can't see any worthy successor of Grbic). I hope that Sasa is recovering well.

btw. I don't like Kolakovic, really... no place for Bjelica and Cupko in NT :thumbdown:

Bella u don't like Kolaković because there is no space for Bjelica and Čupković in NT :lol: Sometimes I'm wondering about what r u thinking when giving unfounded statement like this one. First of all Bjelica DOESN'T want to play for NT as long as Kolaković is head coach. As I see u don't know reason so I'll tell u. Kolaković couldn't guarantee him place in starting 6, Bjelica got mad and left NT camp. He is good player but disrespected NT. Regarding Čupković I don't see reason to call him after sitting on SKRA's bench this season, your personal feelings are sth different. Nikić, Terzić and Kovačević brothers were starters in their clubs. Vemić and Petrić also played more than Čupković while Janić had problems with injuries but still he is captain in Miljko absence.

What's up with Dejan Bojovic? Is he in a bad shape or what? With the retirement of Miljkovic and the injury of Starovic Bojovic should've been called up, at least I would have given him a chance. Atanasijevic is way too young to play all summer long on international level.

IMO Dokić will be starting opposite :win:

• The starting OPP will be Aleksandar Atanasijević. After Starovic comes back healty it might be a competition but Atansijevic is only 20 and a future superstar(2-3 years from now). Todic is not even on the radar screen.

Now cupkovic is good enough to make the team because OH is the weakest position for Serbia but he had some playing time demands which got him out of favor with the coach. Having said that he would probably be number 5 behing Janic, nikic, and the Kovacevic brothers. The youth/junior team have been doing really well so we'll see who will emerge in the future but I suspect it will be Janic and Nikic backed by the Kovacevic brothers in the olympica. Young Uros is very talented but it's too bad he is a lefty, I dont like that..

• Bella u don't like Kolaković because there is no space for Bjelica and Čupković in NT :lol: Sometimes I'm wondering about what r u thinking when giving unfounded statement like this one. First of all Bjelica DOESN'T want to play for NT as long as Kolaković is head coach. As I see u don't know reason so I'll tell u. Kolaković couldn't guarantee him place in starting 6, Bjelica got mad and left NT camp. He is good player but disrespected NT. Regarding Čupković I don't see reason to call him after sitting on SKRA's bench this season, your personal feelings are sth different. Nikić, Terzić and Kovačević brothers were starters in their clubs. Vemić and Petrić also played more than Čupković while Janić had problems with injuries but still he is captain in Miljko absence.

My lack of sympathy for Kolakovic has more reasons than just not calling to NT some players. But it's only my personal feeling. Can I feel free and share my feelings? I just don't like this guy like many other coaches...
    And I don't share your opinion about Cupkovic. He sits on the bench - yes, that's true. Atanasijevic sits there too. Not to mention Sasa Starovic who doesn't play entire season because of injury. And they're both in the roster. And you wrote that Janic is after injuries too so do you want to tell me that he's on the roster only because he's captain of the team? So he has to be there? Don't get it wrong, I like Janic, actually I like him million times more than for example Nikic, but I was a little surprised seeing him back on the list.
    Besides, it's wide roster, for God's sakes. I can't see many outstanding OHs in Serbian roster and for me Cupkovic is just good enough to be there. Not only because of skills but because of his positive energy on the court too. For me, Serbian NT needs some positive energy now in the form of young players since there will be no Ivan Almighty anymore...
    But it's only my feeling. I can be wrong, I don't play volleyball, I feel it in my heart only and you're an outstanding expert of volleyball. So I really appreciate all information you have given if I was mistaken, you know that. But you can't change my point of view.
    I have nothing against you, so I hope we're ok.

• Atanasijevic won't sit for long regardless whether the current SKRA starting opposite stays on the team. But Cupkovic is just another guy, atanasijevic is a special talent. In fact getting some time off and not playing for a stretch is a good thing for atanasijevic because he played nonstop for a while. and it's a good thing for Serbia because he will be rested and hopefully ready to go. I can see Cupkovic getting the call after 2012 olympics but not now.

• List of Serbian players, who will take part in OG qualification tournament in Sofia:

setters: Vlado Petković i Mihajlo Mitić
    opposites: Saša Starović i Aleksandar Atanasijević
    libero: Nikola Rosić
    MBs: Dragan Stanković, Marko Podraščanin i Milan Rašić
    OHs: Bojan Janić, Nikola Kovačević, Miloš Nikić i Miloš Terzić.

Well, expected - no surprises I think :)
    (and no Uros ^^)

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• I was surprised for Uros not being there too... though I don't think Kovacevic and Nikic did a bad job at the ECh. I actually don't like much their setter but I guess they don't really have much choices.. and after Grbic kind of everyone would seem bad in comparison. And his season in S.Giustino wasn't exactly the brightest. He started as 1st setter but after a while he became the 2nd...

I can't see many outstanding OHs in Serbian roster and for me Cupkovic is just good enough to be there. Not only because of skills but because of his positive energy on the court too

that is SO true. I probably wrote this like 23429038 times but when Cupkovic came to play for Roma last year, he was probably the player that SAVED the team. He just arrived and he was way more motivated than players that had been here for MONTHS. He helps a lot in that sense. He probably couldn't speak any italian and didn't know anyone there but it felt like he was part of the team since the beginning.He clearly isn't the best OH in the world but his attitude could help the team a lot.

• I was surprised for Uros not being there too... though I don't think Kovacevic and Nikic did a bad job at the ECh. I actually don't like much their setter but I guess they don't really have much choices.. and after Grbic kind of everyone would seem bad in comparison. And his season in S.Giustino wasn't exactly the brightest. He started as 1st setter but after a while he became the 2nd...

I don't like Petkovic so much :sleeping: I would like to see Mitic playing more. At least to finally find out what this young man is capable of.
    And I'm wondering in what shape Janic is that he's going to Sofia :whistle: or is he going there because of his experience... ? Still can't understand why Uros is not going.

• It is going to be very interesting to see if Atanasijevic is ready to change Miljkovic or Starovic on opposite position... He is very good, in good form i friendly matches (about 60% of attack) but we shal see if we can play 3 matches in 3 days on high level...

• It is going to be very interesting to see if Atanasijevic is ready to change Miljkovic or Starovic on opposite position... He is very good, in good form i friendly matches (about 60% of attack) but we shal see if we can play 3 matches in 3 days on high level...

He's ready, but not in 100%. I remember, when he played against Poland at World Cup, in 3rd and 4th set. He showed really nice game during those sets, but at the end of them was much worse. I guess some things has been changed and he grew up(he knows perfectly how a hard challenge is waiting for him in this tournament). Hope he will play good :super: :super: