USA NT 2012

• Well, I noticed we don't have a separate thread for the defending Olympic champions, so here you go! The reason to open it was not to announce rosters, you can do that if you want, but to show you a video of a guy that I followed throughout the Junior WCH in Brazil. Taylor Sander is a starting OH in the US Junior NT, maybe even their captain (???) if I remember correctly, impressed me a lot last year both in attack and defence. I wish him all the best and hope he will get a chance to go abroad and develop even more as I am sure he will be part of Team USA for the next Olympics in Rio 2016. He was recruited by Bringham Young University, otherwise known as BYU.

tLGHcZvSShI

• Oh, I remember this guy, Taylor. A very impressive player in the Junior WCh last year. He made great contribution to the 4th place of USA!

• What an exciting player to watch! :thumbup: I've read that he is 20 years old. Isn't it a perfect age to at least get the chance, to show up and gain some experience being in a wide roster in senior team? I feel for a very long time that USA NT need a fresh young blood. Taylor could be like a boost of energy for this team.
    BTW. How tall is he?

• Great player, dunno why he isn't in WL roster :aww:

Ask Knipe, why he is so addicted to his old-man club. :lol:
    He's No. 22 in the WL this year, let's see if he could get a chance to be included in the 14-roster of one tournament.

What an exciting player to watch! :thumbup: I've read that he is 20 years old. Isn't it a perfect age to at least get the chance, to show up and gain some experience being in a wide roster in senior team? I feel for a very long time that USA NT need a fresh young blood. Taylor could be like a boost of energy for this team.
    BTW. How tall is he?

196 cm high and 350 spike reach.
    Similar to Zibi.

• BYU has its own TV network called amazingly BYUTV, which is shown on numerous cable systems and the men's volleyball home games are shown on it.

Sander, nicknamed "Sandman", is a very good attacking player and great with serves as well. He is still a young, so don't worry about him this year not being on the World League roster.

• USA Olympic roster is supposed to be submitted already.

Anyone have information on who is going? Here is my prediction

Outside
    Priddy
    Anderson
    Rooney
    Lotman

Middle
    Millar
    Lee
    Holmes

Opp
    Stanley
    Gardner/Mckinzie/Patak/Clark -> I cannot decide

Setters
    Suxho
    Thorton

Libero
    Lambourne

• USA Olympic roster is supposed to be submitted already.

Anyone have information on who is going? Here is my prediction

Opp
    Stanley
    Gardner/Mckinzie/Patak/Clark -> I cannot decide

Technically, the Men's roster isn't due until July 7. ;) But the players have been informed....

I can tell you this much, David Mckienzie is going to London.

• USA Volleyball has NOT officially released nor confirmed Team USA’s final roster for the 2012 London Olympics but we’re 99.999999% sure that these players will represent and defend USA’s Olympic Crown in men’s volleyball:

http://www.volleywood.net/?p=34166

Thoughts?

I'm surprised especially due to lack of Millar, Hansen & Patak, Riley Salmon hasn't been part of main team lately.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I'm surprised especially due to lack of Millar, Hansen & Patak, Riley Salmon hasn't been part of main team lately.

I haven't seen Dave Mckienzie much but from the little I know he is a pretty good server which is the only element Patak is great at :D So Knipe picking him over Patak can't be a surprise

• I haven't seen Dave Mckienzie much but from the little I know he is a pretty good server which is the only element Patak is great at :D So Knipe picking him over Patak can't be a surprise

Good point :thumbup: Patak was mostly substitute only in serve area.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• IMO Millar's place isn't so certain 'cause Smith is lurking :whistle:

And you are right ;)

Millar is an alternate.

Here are some unofficial quotes from Ryan Millar.

I'm extremely disappointed. Hoping for just 1 more (Olympics) but I guess my best wasn't good enough
    I'm as surprised as you probably are...I'll be ready if someone goes down

• Just wondering. Are there any african-americans who are playing volleyball professionally? I think delano thomas played in europe, but i don't know anyone else.
    Is it all right to cOnclude that volleyball is not popular among african-american men?

• Just wondering. Are there any african-americans who are playing volleyball professionally? I think delano thomas played in europe, but i don't know anyone else.
    Is it all right to cOnclude that volleyball is not popular among african-american men?

There are too much sports there more popular than volleyball. You have basketball on the first place, then american football, baseball, athletics. Even soccer is more popular. So it is difficult for some afro-american to deceive himself and go for volleyball.

As a matter of fact a lot of them practice volleyball but after that choose another sport. Like Vince Carter or Wilt Chamberlain.

• I do think USA is one of the most promising nations when it comes to volleyball for the next quadrennial. The list of rising talents is huge. One of them is very familiar of the spanish people, Jeff Menzel. ;)

• gotcha. but it just makes me wonder why they don't go for volleyball. if we look at the women's squad, half of them are african-american (i'm not sure about haneef, though), but the men's squad is composed almost entirely of "white" men.

There are too much sports there more popular than volleyball. You have basketball on the first place, then american football, baseball, athletics. Even soccer is more popular. So it is difficult for some afro-american to deceive himself and go for volleyball.

As a matter of fact a lot of them practice volleyball but after that choose another sport. Like Vince Carter or Wilt Chamberlain.