Polish NT 2013

• 25-player roster for World League tomorrow. And we already know Wlazły is in it (as an OPP) along with Bartman, Jarosz, Konarski and Krzysiek.

EDIT: Full roster announced today

1. Zbigniew Bartman OP
    2. Grzegorz Bociek OP
    3. Fabian Drzyzga S
    4. Wojciech Ferens OH
    5. Piotr Hain MB
    6. Miłosz Hebda OH
    7. Krzysztof Ignaczak L
    8. Marcin Janusz S
    9. Jakub Jarosz OP
    10. Karol Kłos MB
    11. Dawid Konarski OP
    12. Grzegorz Kosok MB
    13. Bartosz Krzysiek OP
    14. Michał Kubiak OH
    15. Bartosz Kurek OH
    16. Grzegorz Łomacz S
    17. Marcin Możdżonek MB
    18. Maciej Muzaj OP
    19. Piotr Nowakowski MB
    20. Michał Ruciak OH
    21. Krzysztof Wierzbowski OH
    22. Michał Winiarski OH
    23. Łukasz Wiśniewski MB
    24. Wojciech Włodarczyk OH
    25. Paweł Woicki S
    26. Damian Wojtaszek L
    27. Andrzej Wrona MB
    28. Maciej Zajder MB
    29. Paweł Zatorski L
    30. Wojciech Żaliński OH
    31. Michał Żurek L
    32. Łukasz Żygadło S

• Hell knows. Anastasi always said he would love to see Mariusz play for the NT. And Wlazły probably got wiser after all these ridiculous press conferences Piechocki talked him into right before the Olympics. It's just that I somehow cannot imagine him in the current team. There are players who won't be too fond of his presence.

• I would use Jarosz as OPP and with Kurek/Wlazly as receivers with someone to enter for reception. Jarosz deserve more chances, he is well suited for opposite I think. And I love his serve, btw. Kurek, Wlazly, Jarosz will make good rotation for serves, to bring more edge for Polish NT.

• I would use Jarosz as OPP and with Kurek/Wlazly as receivers with someone to enter for reception. Jarosz deserve more chances, he is well suited for opposite I think. And I love his serve, btw. Kurek, Wlazly, Jarosz will make good rotation for serves, to bring more edge for Polish NT.

Kurek and Wlazly together can't afford total receiving task.

• Kurek and Wlazly together can't afford total receiving task.

Receiving is overrated. Brazil in their golden years didn't receive very well. Trento don't have reception. With powerful spikers and servers one can afford some lousy receiving.

• Receiving is overrated. Brazil in their golden years didn't receive very well. Trento don't have reception. With powerful spikers and servers one can afford some lousy receiving.

OMG, Brazil??? ?(
    Sérgio always and these last four years Murilo in Brazil doing a good job in receive... :drink:

• And now AA claims the full list will be available in April :wall: Ridiculous, knowing that most journalists have seen it already. Guess he doesn't wanna disturb play-offs.

• OMG, Brazil??? ?(
    Sérgio always and these last four years Murilo in Brazil doing a good job in receive... :drink:

Read the analysis on FIVB page. There were reasons why Brazil received with 4 people against Stanley. I am talking for their golden years :)

• Mariusz Wlazły? This Mariusz Wlazły?

My God, I feel so bad for not following v'ball world for such a long time. I feel like a total newbie, and I've already been here for so many years!

To be frank, I don't really like this idea with Kurek and Wlazły as OHs, regardless of whether 'recieving is overrated' or not. I just don't think they can pull it off.

You guys are talking about Kurek, Wlazły even Jarosz concerning NT (I mean especially the last two guys), but what about Bartman? Have I missed something?

• Mariusz Wlazły? This Mariusz Wlazły?

Yeah, this Mariusz Wlazły :D I can't even express how damn curious I am of the possible presence of Mariusz in this team. I know that a lot of bad things happened but Mariusz is not this "always seeing problems" and "talking before thinking" person anymore. Plus we have Andrea. I have such a feeling that these two can cooperate well and there is still a lot of good come out of this cooperation.

You guys are talking about Kurek, Wlazły even Jarosz concerning NT (I mean especially the last two guys), but what about Bartman? Have I missed something?

I guess it was only raylight who mentioned about Jarosz. And as you can remember our dear Bulgarians still ehm... not necessarily like Bartman ;) If u ask me Zibi's position in the team is totally safe. I'm not that sure about Jarosz since he's not having the best season in Latina. Kazi was right that Konarski should get a chance. He's having a great season in Delecta. But if we could have such a FIRE on OPP position like duo Bartman & Wlazły... I'm taking it in the dark :whistling:

• Yeah, this Mariusz Wlazły :D I can't even express how damn curious I am of the possible presence of Mariusz in this team. I know that a lot of bad things happened but Mariusz is not this "always seeing problems" and "talking before thinking" person anymore. Plus we have Andrea. I have such a feeling that these two can cooperate well and there is still a lot of good come out of this cooperation.

Yeah. I feel like Andrea, who has plenty of respect for Mariusz, will not have too many problems with this guy, he's been always saying that if only Mariusz is ready to be in the team, he will not make it impossible for him. But on the other hand, we can be sure of that just being Mariusz Wlazły will not guarantee him place in the roster. Our coach has already proven that he's not led by sentiments.

I guess it was only raylight who mentioned about Jarosz. And as you can remember our dear Bulgarians still ehm... not necessarily like Bartman ;) If u ask me Zibi's position in the team is totally safe. I'm not that sure about Jarosz since he's not having the best season in Latina. Kazi was right that Konarski should get a chance. He's having a great season in Delecta. But if we could have such a FIRE on OPP position like duo Bartman & Wlazły... I'm taking it in the dark :whistling:

That's what I thought. I got kinda puzzled with this whole Jarosz thing. Felt like I was in a parallel universe, or something :D Things are getting more and more interesting. Looking forward to see Mariusz in the family again, whatever the case might be.

• Mariusz Wlazły is big and will be bigger

Olja better check who is in Your kitchen in the cabinet.

• Why are you even considering to put Wlaszly as a 4 ?( The Winiarski - Kurek duo will work perfectly in my opinion. I even think now that Kurek is the weaker link of the two, but you have Kubiak, Ruciak, even Bartman and Wlaszly to cover if necessary. And all my respect to Bartman, but with Wlaszly now in the game, I think Zbigniew will have to rub the bench a bit... He can be a great igniter from the bench when his game is going but is way too inconsistent to be chosen before Wlaszly. Anyway, what a great depth in the team now with Wlaszly...

• Olja better check who is in Your kitchen in the cabinet.

Done that before.

Why are you even considering to put Wlaszly as a 4 ?( The Winiarski - Kurek duo will work perfectly in my opinion. I even think now that Kurek is the weaker link of the two, but you have Kubiak, Ruciak, even Bartman and Wlaszly to cover if necessary. And all my respect to Bartman, but with Wlaszly now in the game, I think Zbigniew will have to rub the bench a bit... He can be a great igniter from the bench when his game is going but is way too inconsistent to be chosen before Wlaszly. Anyway, what a great depth in the team now with Wlaszly...

I feel you. Mariusz has always been our best OPP for me, a real, full-bodied OPP. I have some great respect for Zbigniew and his skills and all he's proven as a OPP. I actually like him better as an OPP than OH, but still...has a long way to go to to surpass Mariusz in my eyes.

But on the other hand, we can be sure of that just being Mariusz Wlazły will not guarantee him place in the roster. Our coach has already proven that he's not led by sentiments.

Oh, I don't think that Wlazły needs his big name as long as he plays his game. He is still a killer. And though Nawrocki spoil him as much as his stupidity help him in that, I'm more than sure that Andrea can fix him.

Why are you even considering to put Wlaszly as a 4 ?( The Winiarski - Kurek duo will work perfectly in my opinion. I even think now that Kurek is the weaker link of the two, but you have Kubiak, Ruciak, even Bartman and Wlaszly to cover if necessary. And all my respect to Bartman, but with Wlaszly now in the game, I think Zbigniew will have to rub the bench a bit... He can be a great igniter from the bench when his game is going but is way too inconsistent to be chosen before Wlaszly. Anyway, what a great depth in the team now with Wlaszly...

We aren't considering it. At least I'm not. I'm talking about Wlazły in the team at all. Not that he will be in starting 6 at once, additionally as a receiver. I don't want to see him as a receiver 'cause the guy is simply unhappy on this position and I know Andrea won't do that to him. Kurek and Winiarski are simply "unmovable" from the starting six. And knowing Andrea Bartman will be still the first OPP. It could look like with setter position, couldn't? Remember Żygadło and everyone talking that when Zagumny will be back Łukasz will be that one who will sit on bench? And what Andrea did? He sat Guma on the bench. So we will see... But having Wlazły on the bench isn't a stupid idea at all since as you wrote Bartman is "inconsistent". For me Bartman already proved he is consistent enough to be the first. Every player can have weaker moments. In these moments I prefer to see Wlazły saving our asses than Jarosz.

• Oh, I don't think that Wlazły needs his big name as long as he plays his game. He is still a killer. And though Nawrocki spoil him as much as his stupidity help him in that, I'm more than sure that Andrea can fix him.

Wasn't trying to suggest that his 'big name' will provide him anything, I was trying to put more emphasis on the fact that it's not a big deal for our coach. Mariusz in a killer shape, or not, will have to give his all, and I'm sure he will. I'm just dying to see him with our eagle on his chest again.

And..? Who did You find there? I found Mariusz in My kitchen.

Freakin' Narnia.