Bulgarian NT 2013

• Bulgarian federation wants to kick out Placi and to put Bulgarian coach. Their sole interest is to sell players from Bulgarian championship with the help of NT, they don't care for the NT's success.

http://volleyball.sportal.bg/news.php?news=414957

I think it is time for bloody revolution in Bulgaria.

• Team started first camp in Sofia, there are some missing players due to stil running seasons in few leagues. Full list is wider and contains about 30 players.

Players for camp in Sofia:
    Setter: Ivan Stanev, Dobromir Dimitrov
    Middle Blockers: Nikolay Nikolov, Victor Yosifov, Konstantin Gadzhanov, Svetoslav Gotsev, Borislav Apostolov, Georgi Chalakov
    Outside Hitters: Nikolay Penchev, Zlatan Yordanov, Metodi Ananiev, Rosalyn Penchev
    Opposte: Tsvetan Sokolov
    Libero: Teodor Salparov, Martin Bozhilov, Dobromir Ivanov

Invited was also Boyan Yordanov, however he's tired playing in club and NT season, so he may not join. Salparov, Nikolov and Todorov (not on list) can be out due to injuries/surgeries.

Out of team will be Zhekov and Kaziyski after story from last tear.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Salparov's injury is not a serious one, he will be available for the entire summer (hopefully without any additional problems). About Nikolov, we don't know how serious his condition is, he might be out of the WL. About Todorov, it's an old problem, how long it would take to recover/undergo a surgery is also unknown. Besides, he is still in Russia at the moment. Zhekov might be called up for the ECH if he starts training as soon as possible. However, we won't see him before that and to get a place in Poland & Denmark he will need some hard work after a year off.

• Guys, who is Zlatan Yordanov? His surname intrigued me :D Has he something in common with Boyan?

Two Penchevs and Metodi :thumbup: Only Toshko is missing (as yet) in this package :D

And in this whole thing only Niki Nikolov's case worries me. I like the guy too much to deal with his absence just like that again.

• Guys, who is Zlatan Yordanov? His surname intrigued me :D Has he something in common with Boyan?

Two Penchevs and Metodi :thumbup: Only Toshko is missing (as yet) in this package :D

And in this whole thing only Niki Nikolov's case worries me. I like the guy too much to deal with his absence just like that again.

Zlatan Yordanov is not related to Boyan. He is the OH of Marek and will not have a main role in the NT. Skrimov, Aleksiev and Bratoev will fill this position. As for Boyan, he wants a break this summer, he said he'll be ready next summer, though.

Also, Kotse Gadzhanov is out for the WL due to minor surgery.

• Bulgaria's extended list for WL:

Setters: Georgi Bratoev, Dobromir Dimitrov, Ivan Stanev, Georgi Seganov
    Receivers: Todor Aleksiev, Valentin Bratoev, Todor Skrimov, Nikolay Penchev, Rozalin Penchev, Stanislav Petkov, Miroslav Gradinarov
    Opposites: Tsvetan Sokolov, Danail Milushev, Nikolay Uchikov, Todor Vulchev
    Middle blockers: Victor Yosifov, Svetoslav Gotsev, Borislav Apostolov, Stoyan Samunev, Krasimir Georgiev
    Liberos: Teodor Salparov, Martin Bozhilov

Nikolay Nikolov, Teodor Todorov, Metodi Ananiev and Kostadin Gadzhanov are out because of injuries. Boyan Yordanov wanted a rest this summer. Vladimir Nikolov put an end to his NT career, he's now the team manager. Matey Kaziyski will not play for this NT until the governing body of the volleyball federation resigns. Andrey Zhekov hasn't practiced for a year so is out of shape.

• Merciless heavens... What's goin' on again with Metodi? Cheesus.

Nothing new, he's just not recovered fully from the second Olsztyn injury.

He, together with the middles are expected to be on line for the ECH.

• He, together with the middles are expected to be on line for the ECH.

I'm starting pray for that from today... Can't imagine Bulgarian team without Niki and Tedi as well.
    I'm guessing it's not gonna be my fav WL this season...

• I think they should have rested some more players like Aleksiev, Yosifov and Sokolov. The team is not going to the final round anyway :pinch:

• I think they should have rested some more players like Aleksiev, Yosifov and Sokolov. The team is not going to the final round anyway :pinch:

You know that if Placci rests some guys, or we fail in this meaningless WL, they can fire him...

• You know that if Placci rests some guys, or we fail in this meaningless WL, they can fire him...

Theoretically they could fire him for, let's say, drinking juice instead of water. Sokolov is eager to play, he needs it, Yosifov should be the MB backbone, whereas it does make sense indeed to rest Aleksiev. I would love to see Miro Gradinarov back in the team, I want to check how much he improved (if at all) in Japan, but normally players who score a lot there improve both technically and psychologically.

• He is Ivan Stanev, I haven't heard about any illnesses he's gone through. That's just his haircut, but I think it's because he's an albino. Yavor may know more, he'll tell you.

• http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…e/2005/press/Match072.asp

After 15:16 at the second technical break, Bulgaria just rose mighty and unbeatable. Milushev and Zhekov were the heroes of glorious volleyball till the end _ 25:19.