German NT 2013

• Vital Heynen announced wide roster. First training camp will start at 1st May with 12-13 players, rest will join later. Most time for rest will get Georg Grozer, Simon Tischer and Sebastian Schwarz. Heynen called also Cuban with German citizenship Salvador Hidalgo, however he can't play in NT till FIVB give him a permission.

Wide roster:
    Libero: Markus Steuerwald, Ferdinand Tille
    Setter: Lukas Kampa, Patrick Steuerwald, Simon Tischer, Manuel Rieke, Santino Rost, Merten Krüger
    Middle Blocker: Felix Fischer, Marcus Böhme, Georg Klein, Lukas Bauer, Felix Isaak, Tim Broshog, Paul Sprung, Philipp Collin
    Outside Hitter: Denis Kaliberda, Sebastian Schwarz, Christian Fromm, Dirk Mehlberg, Björn Höhne, Ruben Schott, Tom Strohbach, Sebastian Krause, Dirk Westphal, Jan-Philipp Marks, Salvador Hidalgo*
    Opposite: Jochen Schöps, Georg Grozer, Simon Hirsch, Christoph Helbig

There is no Christian Dünnes, Max Günthör and Sebastian Prüsener

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• From what I know Andrae retired from national team because of a coach. Gunthor has probably suspended his representative career.

• Some players take a year off from NT this year, including Dünnes and Günthör. Tischer, Grozer and Schwarz will join later in summer. Björn Andrae and Marcus Popp will play beach volley together this summer.

What a lovely duo.

In interview for Belgorod site Grozer said he wont play WL

Gosh! I can't believe that!
    By the way, it seems to be a truth that Robert Kromm will never be called as long as Vital Heynen is the head coach.

• Gosh! I can't believe that!
    By the way, it seems to be a truth that Robert Kromm will never be called as long as Vital Heynen is the head coach.

I don't know personally about a conflict between Heynen and Kromm, but this might be the case. However, Heynen is known for someone to give chances to everyone in general, has never been linked to scandals before, none that I know of, can't be completely sure though. From one side - ok, he wants to bring in young faces, no problem. The more experienced players are taking some rest - also ok. Even if I never was a fan of Kromm, he has been having a great year in Berlin, Heynen could watch him more often this season now that he returned to Germany, so he surely deserves a spot in the NT this summer. I don't know if he rejected it or just never received one. Actually, he might be the German OH who has been enjoying the greatest season so far based on what Kaliberda, Andrae, Schwarz and the rest showed. I don't like him for the lack of technical arsenal and athleticism, but he has often been the main weapon for Berlin and played throughout the entire season until now. We'll see if the stars will come back for the Euro, but I still think Kromm could have helped in the WL.

• Gosh! I can't believe that!

Why not? He have tough season in Metalloinvest, playing all the time and there is no need to play WL. :) ECH starts in September :whistle:

• I don't know personally about a conflict between Heynen and Kromm, but this might be the case. However, Heynen is known for someone to give chances to everyone in general, has never been linked to scandals before, none that I know of, can't be completely sure though. From one side - ok, he wants to bring in young faces, no problem. The more experienced players are taking some rest - also ok. Even if I never was a fan of Kromm, he has been having a great year in Berlin, Heynen could watch him more often this season now that he returned to Germany, so he surely deserves a spot in the NT this summer. I don't know if he rejected it or just never received one. Actually, he might be the German OH who has been enjoying the greatest season so far based on what Kaliberda, Andrae, Schwarz and the rest showed. I don't like him for the lack of technical arsenal and athleticism, but he has often been the main weapon for Berlin and played throughout the entire season until now. We'll see if the stars will come back for the Euro, but I still think Kromm could have helped in the WL.

Yes, considering his great performance in the passing season, it's very strange not to see his name on the roster. Even though, I still don't think his ability meets the requirement of NT. So no more say other OHs...... :( . Maybe I'm just asking too much. :aww: Oh, just forget it. :mad:

• Why not? He have tough season in Metalloinvest, playing all the time and there is no need to play WL. :) ECH starts in September :whistle:

I was wandering there would be too long a time for him to take a rest if he doesn't take any part in WL. See, it's almost 4 months between the end of this season and the beginning of ECH. While it's far more enough time for him to have a good rest, he could possibly lose his shape and couldn't cooperate well enough with the whole team. So I just hope he could join the team a little later or stay with the team but do not have to play all WL matches. Obviously, with or without him, the team could be totally different. I hope he could stay, at least at some matches held in Germany, so that the performance of the team in WL couldn't be too bad. ^^

• WL Roster
    Libero: Markus Steuerwald, Ferdinand Tille
    Setter: Lukas Kampa, Patrick Steuerwald, Merten Krüger, Sebastian Kühner
    Middle Blocker: Marcus Böhme, Felix Fischer, Tim Broshog, Georg Klein, Paul Sprung, Felix Isaak, Philipp Collin
    Outside Hitter: Denis Kaliberda, Dirk Westphal, Sebastian Krause, Björn Höhne, Tom Strohbach, Jan-Philipp Marks
    Opposite: Jochen Schöps, Christian Fromm, Simon Hirsch

There is no Gerorg Grozer :!:, Simon Tischer, Sebastian Schwarz, Lukas Bauer.
    Kromm, Andrae, Popp, Günthör and Dünnes still out like in wide roster.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I am veeeery happy about this years wl performances. :thumbup:
    Even without Grozer, Kromm, Tischer, Andrae and Günthor the team is competitive and still has a chance to qualify for the finals. Looking at the rooster, i was a little bid afraid, but obviously Heynen did a great job so far.

• What a lovely duo.

In deed.... They are really not that bad. Right now they are struggling a bid on german tour, but i guess they will qualify for the final in Timmendorfer Strand.

Starting at 4:00 min you can see great scenes from 2009 Final against Brink /Rekermann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mondRWfjcdo#at=257

• In deed.... They are really not that bad. Right now they are struggling a bid on german tour, but i guess they will qualify for the final in Timmendorfer Strand.

Starting at 4:00 min you can see great scenes from 2009 Final against Brink /Rekermann:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mondRWfjcdo#at=257

Woah, that's a new video even for me 8o A great match it was! And it was Andrae-Popp with two matchballs.

• According to Generali Unterhaching Homepage, Simon Hirsch has been nominated for National Team and already left the trainings camp.
    http://www.generali-haching.de…ls.13+M5792cb7c53d.0.html

There are no further information from the federation yet. I am suspicous to know, who might be out..........

German roster for Ech by now:

Setter: Lukas Kampa (Modena/ITA), Simon Tischer (Lyon/FRA)
    MB: Marcus Böhme (Generali Haching), Tim Broshog (Moerser SC), Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Felix Fischer (BR Volleys)
    OH: Denis Kaliberda (Piacenca/ITA), Björn Höhne (TV
    Ingersoll Bühl), Sebastian Schwarz (Generali Haching), Christian Fromm (Citta di Castello/ITA)
    Op: Jochen Schöps (Rzeszow/POL), Georg Grozer (Belgorod/RUS)
    L: Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA), Ferdinand Tille (Generali Haching)