Brazil NT 2013

• I still have to watch the match, but I'm really glad the guys actually managed to win! I wasn't expecting it to be honest.

It wasn't pretty ;) on either side.

• I'm finding it highly amusing that people are surprised with Lucarelli's performance and wondering where the hell he came from. :lol:

Well, not everybody follow Brazilian Superliga. I was curious myself, seeing new names in the roster, how those guys play. Now I have a partial answer. I still wait to see Isac on the court.

Congrats, guys :win: See ya in Lodz on Sunday.

• I'm finding it highly amusing that people are surprised with Lucarelli's performance and wondering where the hell he came from. :lol:

Well said! :thumbup: Actually at the beginning he didn't play as a future star of Brazil, but just like a stressed little boy. Fortunately he forgot quite fast about it and started doing a really nice job! I'm so glad Rezende haven't made any move to replace him, like he's teaching this guy how to fight with pressure and stress on court... I guess Lucarelli's progress is the most important thing for Bernardo now...

• Well, not everybody follow Brazilian Superliga. I was curious myself, seeing new names in the roster, how those guys play. Now I have a partial answer. I still wait to see Isac on the court.

Congrats, guys :win: See ya in Lodz on Sunday.

Haha I know. It's actually surprising for me too since I didn't expect him to to so well in his first match since I figured there would be a lot of pressure on him. Bernardo must have some serious hope in the guy (taking him to London to feel the atmosphere, letting him play his first game in the starting six, etc).

I'm watching the game right now and I just noticed Maurício shaved that godawful mustache of his. :lol:
    Btw, should I feel weird for not missing Murilo at all? And I actually like him.

• I'm watching the game right now and I just noticed Maurício shaved that godawful mustache of his. :lol:
    Btw, should I feel weird for not missing Murilo at all? And I actually like him.

I felt the same! I'm a die-hard fan of Murilo and I didn't even remember he's missing. Maybe I was too much focus on my guys and the fact they played first important game in the season.

• Did Bernardo explain why Rapha isn't at least in the group? I'm sick of seeing some random strange people as substitutes of Bruno and not Rapha...

• Did Bernardo explain why Rapha isn't at least in the group? I'm sick of seeing some random strange people as substitutes of Bruno and not Rapha...

Bernardo afraid that his son Bruno lose ownership pro Rapha, is what many think in Brazil.

• But Bruno is better than Raphael. :teach:
    Anyway, I know that in Brazil most more wanted William in place of Raphael. And Bernardinho would have called Raphael if he had not been injured. Honestly? Of the three setters (Bruno Raphael e William )Bruno is the best. :teach:

I think Brazil has to work much on the block !!!! ( they have much more potential and tallest players.today)The receiving line is a bit more fragile than in the past but I find them stronger in attack. :box:

• I found some history about Brazil's participation in the World League.

It's a quotation from FIVB's website:
    1)Brazil is coming off a sixth-place finish in last year's World League, its worst result since the inception of the World League in 1990.
    2)Brazil is the most successful country in World League history. The Brazilians hold the record for most titles (nine), most podiums (16), most match wins (294) and most sets won (966).
    3)Brazil is one of only two countries to have participated in all 24 editions of the World League. The other is Italy.
    4)Brazil has won the title in eight of the last 12 years, including a record five in a row from 2003-07. :obey:

• The setters issue: I honestly didn't like Bruno until a few months ago. Hell, he didn't have a good Olympics trajectory and it was only during the game against Italy in the quarterfinals that he finally started to have more confidence and consistency. But I cannot say he hasn't improved greatly since then. He had a great Superliga and I'm quite pleased with his performance so far. Right now, I do not think he's in any way worse than William and Raphael (and I'd include Marlon and Marcelinho as well). Thankfully Brazil is well served with setters and that's not a real problem.

• The setters issue: I honestly didn't like Bruno until a few months ago. Hell, he didn't have a good Olympics trajectory and it was only during the game against Italy in the quarterfinals that he finally started to have more confidence and consistency. But I cannot say he hasn't improved greatly since then. He had a great Superliga and I'm quite pleased with his performance so far. Right now, I do not think he's in any way worse than William and Raphael (and I'd include Marlon and Marcelinho as well). Thankfully Brazil is well served with setters and that's not a real problem.

Mhhhh I think Bruno was the best setter of the Olympics .... the best performance against Italy (unfortunately :( ) and Argentina but it was very smoothand and among all the setters of the competition without a doubt was the best. If he has not had a good trajectory .. the others? :wall: If Brazil had won against Russia would be mvp candidate. :)

• But Bruno is better than Raphael. :teach:
    Anyway, I know that in Brazil most more wanted William in place of Raphael. And Bernardinho would have called Raphael if he had not been injured. Honestly? Of the three setters (Bruno Raphael e William )Bruno is the best. :teach:

I think Brazil has to work much on the block !!!! ( they have much more potential and tallest players.today)The receiving line is a bit more fragile than in the past but I find them stronger in attack. :box:

Disagree, Vissoto is not a regular OPP, Andre was lower and did not have a physical form, but with the setters rapidos Ricardinho became one of the best in the world. I find it hard to beat the double-Giba Dante both in the form of OH 2002-2006 were the best in the world.

• Lucarelli already is. Lipe (and Thiago Alves) should be tested in Dante's place, but I doubt Bernardo would do that. Dante is possibly sealed in his position until he retires.

• Can I say Dante deserves to be capitan of this NT much more than Bruno?

Dante is in the team from 1999. He is the real leader on court. He is the much more experienced player. He is more than the others in everything. I really love Bruninho, he's my prefered setter, no doubt, but I think Dante should have been what Giba was until last summer.

Let's see what happened in the final of the World League: he played half injured, but in the most important moments he didn't fail. The team was in trouble with reception? Dante did it well. The team needed someone to score? He did. The team need some digs to break point? He did. He looks to me like Logan Tom in the female USA NT.

Just respect for him. :obey:

• Dante is great but an obvious and energetic extravert is preferable for the captain's position. Someone who can chat to the Ref etc. Dante is a relatively quiet guy.

• Yeah, I agree. Dante is pretty quiet guy, comparing to his teammates. I don't think he would be able to argue seriously with referee, if there's gonna be such a need, or shout at players, positively or negatively. I prefer him doing his job on court, which isn't perfect, as it was so far, 'cause he's not young anymore, but it's still awesome. He can motivate a team just by that and doesn't have to be a captain. Personally I must admit, that Bruno may be the greatest choice for this "position". I like the way he rules the guys, so there's no problem with Brazilian current captain for me.