Polish NT 2014

• Here we go.

Here there's an interview with Zibi Bartman. He speaks italian very well! :teach:

They talk most of the time about the match. Then journalist asked about NT.

In two days the connetion with Bruninho is already good.

Yes. Look, in my opinion he brought new quality because you can see even in the training we are very motivated as a team and in my opinion this new year, 2014, will be very good for us: I'm really happy 2013 is over because it has been a bad year despite I won polish championship it was a bad year.

To you, can Bruno's coming mean to come back to levels who can bring you back to play in NT?

Look, to be honest I'n not thinking about the NT now. I'm focused here on Modena, bacuase we have many many matches to play and I want to do my best with my team, who deserves a lot.

He's playing a very good season so far. He deserves to be at the world championship.

He's scoring 17,8 points for match! :super: In the last 2 matches with half of the team out he scored 27 and 28 points :obey: , giving Modena one point in 3-2 lost in Molfetta and 3 points yesterday in 3-1 against Cuneo.

Right now he's the 6th best scorer of the league.

• Ahahahah, brilliant connection with Bruninho as I can see (almost like Kurek & Zaytsev) :thumbsup: and hairstyle like few years ago in Częstochowa :D

But being serious... Good :thumbup: I don't follow Serie A carefully. I was a bit worried since Modena was losing match by another. Hope Bruno will help not only the team itself but also help Zibi to become better OPP. Because I still think our NT needs him.

Can't wait for Antiga's calls. I'm so damn nervous... :S

• Who will call Antiga and how will look roster in this year? We're on the road to WCH, so we count on the best players, no matter how old they're.

Candidates for NT could be:
    Setters: Paweł Zagumny, Fabian Drzyzga, Paweł Woicki, Łukasz Żygadło ? (when will he be back after injury? maybe he will be ready)
    Opposites: Grzegorz Bociek, Zbigniew Bartman, Dawid Konarski, Mariusz Wlazły ? (I really doubt if he wants to be in NT again, but maybe talking with Stephane he may change mind :whistle: ), Michał Kaczyński ? (next promising talent in Częstochowa after Bociek and he should get a chance in wide roster)
    Outside Hitters: Bartosz Kurek, Michał Kubiak, Michał Winiarski, Wojciech Włodarczyk, Wojciech Ferens, Michał Ruciak, Krzysztof Wierzbowski, Wojciech Zaliński, Mateusz Mika ? (he's playing not bad in Montpellier, especially as receiver)
    Middle Blockers: Andrzej Wrona, Karol Kłos, Marcin Możdżonek, Piotr Nowakowski, Łukasz Wiśniewski, Maciej Zajder, Daniel Pliński ? (experienced, but on bench in Skra, I don't know if Stephane wants him in NT), Grzegorz Kosok ? (he's playing so bad this season...), Jurij Gładyr ? (Does he have Polish citizenship? He's among bet MBs in league)
    Liberos: Paweł Zatorski, Damian Wojtaszek, Krzysztof Ignaczak ? (will he stay in NT?)

Maybe someone else may apear in NT, but for example Jakub Jaorsz now is only average, not even comparing in league to Bociek... Did I forget about any candidate? I thought also about Piotr Hain as MB, but we have too many MBs here. What's your types?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Jakub Wachnik from Czarni for sure is on my list! I don't think Wierzbowski and Żaliński deserved so far this season to be called, weak performances, same story like with their teammate Jarosz. Mika is beyond NT since a long time for me. I counted that maybe Hebda this year will wake up and he had some nice moments but still not good enough...

Woicki? Naaah.

Jurek plays for Ukraina... though I would see him in our NT with a pleasure. If it comes to MBs I think it's time to consider Czarnowski back as a serious candidate to be called. He's playing better and better and we all know what he is capable of.

Ignaczak SHOULD BE back. HAS TO.

• Bartman needed someone like Bruno and shows his potential as OPP :thumbsup: , so it's obvious why I consider him as NT member and I hope he'll show better spikes in NT as in WL 2012 :roll: now Bociek is in my opinion main contender to fight with him for a place, I also don't underestimate Konarski which isn't bad at all in Plus Liga.

• Can't believe I missed this thread.

In my opinion Hain should be nailed on, no excuses. He deserves a call up. Also, Buszek could be given a chance in place of Ruciak. And maybe Szalpuk as an understudy, but he'll probably end up in Poland B first. Based on current season I can see both Bartman and Ignaczak, if he's healthy, still being #1 choices (in my mind of course, not necessarily Antiga's), with Bociek and Wojtaszek as back-up. Kłos is doing surprisingly well, which I kinda hate to admit cause I can't stand him :P Nowakowski's role should be reduced to being a sub, at least in WL - because we all know he can perform, but for whatever reason right now he does not. The setter issue is a given, I'm afraid. We don't have much choice. Żygadło should be ready for the WCH and I really hope he will be ready, while in his absence it wouldn't be a stupid idea to try Dobrowolski (and no, I'm not saying this as an AZS supporter, although it would be nice if he got noticed). At least he's experienced, knows most of the players and looks way more solid than Woicki and Łomacz. You have to wonder though, would he be up for it and if so, how would he handle the pressure?

Zagumny, Włodarczyk and all the glorious Lotos Trefl inventions shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the NT.

• I see not only in me Kłos arouses mixed feelings :P Though I have to say I started to tolerate him last season and in the currnet one he's totally convincing me so far. But if he want to play in NT he should stop clowning with colouring his hair. :gone:
    Dobrowolski is experiencing second youth just like Nowak season ago and Szymański now :D I have nothing against him in NT. He showed not once in Skra that the team can count on him in tough moments. The dumbest thing for me was to replace him by Woicki :aww: So why not the debut in NT, who cares how old he is ;)
    (If we're talking about Maciek, I noticed sth earlier, but last match it really caught my eye. The thing is he looks sick... donnu if it's they way he's getting older... because he looks really good talking about sports shape, don't get me wrong! And all these mvp awards are proof in this. But he just doesn't look good to me.)

• (If we're talking about Maciek, I noticed sth earlier, but last match it really caught my eye. The thing is he looks sick... donnu if it's they way he's getting older... because he looks really good talking about sports shape, don't get me wrong! And all these mvp awards are proof in this. But he just doesn't look good to me.)

I get what you mean, but it might be due to the fact that it's his first season in a while as a starter. He's responsible for quite a lot of things in Olsztyn as well, the team is suddenly built around him, it can get pretty overwhelming. This is exactly why I don't know if the whole NT idea would even be realistic. But if there's a chance, he should be there IMO. Could turn out to be a saviour.

• Should be called, sure, I hope coaches will notice him. He's among the best setters in Plusliga right now. I hope he'll keep the level he's playing on. Since everything says we are going to have trouble with setter position coming season again, he would be a choice that guarantee stability. Exactly what he used to bring together when he played in Skra.

• Considering stats as key factor for NT should be called (considering players form abroad):
    S: Paweł Zagumny, Łukasz Żygadło (after injury, but he will be back certainly), Fabian Drzyzga, Maciej Dobowolski
    OP: Grzegorz Bociek, Zbigniew Bartman, Jakub Jarosz (quite good stats, but I have some doubts here :whistle: )
    OH: Bartosz Kurek, Michał Kubiak, Michał Winiarski, Rafał Buszek, Jakub Wachnik (better than all Lotos' inventions and Włodarczyk)
    MB: Piotr Nowakowski, Karol Kłos, Piotr Hain, Andrzej Wrona, Marcin Możdżonek
    L: Paweł Zatorski, Damian Wojtaszek, Krzysztof Ignaczak (quite low in receivers' stats)

From others called can be:
    S: Konrad Buczek/Michał Kędzierski/Nikodem Wolański (youngster should be called), I don't want to see both Woicki and Łomacz
    OP: Michał Kaczyński/Bartłomiej Bołądź/Mateusz Malinowski (some youngtsers for EL, I don't want Konarski), Paweł Adamajtis ? (good stats, but probably won't be called)
    OH: Wojciech Włodarczyk (he may appear again, but his reception is a main problem), Marcin Waliński, Michał Błoński (the best from BBTS except Gonzalez), Artur Szalpuk, Bartosz Bućko (both Szalpuk and Bućko should improve their reception), Krzysztof Gierczyński* (good season, but he's getting old) - Żaliński and Wierzbowski are too mediocre for me, but I don't know what thinks Antiga :whistle:
    MB: Jan Nowakowski/Dawid Dryja, Patryk Czarnowski (no Kosok please, Wiśniewski is going down ;( )
    L: Michał Żurek/Michał Potera, Kacper Piechocki

Mariusz Wlazły could appear here, but I don't think he wants.

Maybe the list is a bit too wide :whistle:

• Wide roster should be announced at 8th April ^^

• I hope to see Zibi and Michal Kubiak as starter this summer. :super:

Bartman and Bociek shold be in NT for this season, they are in good shape :super:

• Journalists from sport.pl tried to predicted a roster according to speculations in the media and their roster looks this:

S: Zagumny, Drzyzga, Żygadło (rather out, but I listed him here because they mentioned only those two and this position is called there as problematic)
    OPP: Bartman, Bociek, Wlazły, Konarski
    OH: Kurek, Kubiak, Winiarski, Wachnik, Buszek, Hebda
    MB: Nowakowski, Możdżonek, Wrona, Kłos, Hain, Perłowski
    L: Zatorski, Wojtaszek

Listed as probably out in article are: Wiśniewski (MB), Kosok (MB), Pliński (MB), Jarosz (OPP), Ruciak (OH) and Ignaczak (L).

What is true and what isn't we'll get know soon :whistle: we'll have a special show on Polsat Sport with Antiga who'll present roster.