Polish NT 2014

• EChQ was too long time ago, and I assumed nobody really took that tournament seriously. Otherwise with Wlazly's performance (specifically in 2-3 loss to Slovenia) he should be kicked out too.

I did take a few minutes going through all the WL stats.

Kurek made presence in the home matches against Brazil and Italy. He didn't start in any of those matches. In the first match against Italy, he played full 4th and 5th set, winning 15 pts . In the first match against Brazil, he played the 4th set, winning 3 pts. In the other two matches, he only briefly entered the court as blocker sub or didn't show up at all. Also note that both matches where he made major contribution ended up winning.
    So, as a sub player, what exactly counts nothing? In the first match against Italy, Winiarski started the first three sets, winning only 8 pts. Was he nothing as well?

On the contrary, Buszek was on the squad thruout the whole WL, and played on court 11 matches in total (the only one he didn't play was first home match against Italy).
    And yes, he was superb in matches like the second home match against Iran, winning 12 points out of 19 attacks with only one fault. Really decent number.
    However, I don't know if he was "nothing" when he got 9 pts and 9 faults (0 in efficiency) in the first guest match against Italy? or 5 pts with 4 faults in the first guest match against Brazil? or 3 pts/3 faults in the second home match against Brazil?

Please kindly advise me, how do you reckon that he received enough chances to prove himself?

• This whole situation definitely may have many different circumstances, I'm just wondering how is it possible, that coach Antiga and whole staff, which helps him working with the team wasn't able to bring Kurek back to positive, maybe not great, but good enough shape. They obviously had a lot of time for this and I perceive it as a huge fail. Kurek was always someone very important for the team, I would say the most important recently and how did it happen, that they let him go so easy? It seems they didn't really care and hadn't been focused on Kurek, if he was supposedly the worst from all of the receivers. That's a huge lose for Antiga. He should think about what did just happen.

Btw, Ojla, nice to see u here again! :flower:

• Don't you understand that Kurek having also injury of back? I don't know how it looks and why this is still keeping repeat like justification for bad performances like it lasts for several years but maybe he is hiding some illness what dusturbs him to show what he did in past? But if yes so what you guy doing and why can't do go for operation? He is not gonna do that because he will pause that he won't play for a several month and no money? So he thinks it's better to suffering like this? I don't know. This guy also is another mentally how he behaving on the court I can't recognize him and asking myself who is he?

Scoring 3 points for match (I remember this) it's not in style of old Kurek. But Antiga is responsible for that? He is magician maybe? I think he behaved also so emotionally that he lost control that thinks that everything is ok with him and gets upset after information of Antiga about squad WCH without him that he left city? I think even Antiga didn't have time to talk with him or say goodbye, he wanted test him maybe on this attack on today match, but his pride is too big and he escaped so? Do you have guarantee that Antiga will stay with this squad for WCH? Maybe if Kurek could stay he will give him Chance. Nobody wanted to hurt Kurek. In this condition like he is for a long time, look at our NT, doing well without him and the world will not end without him, it's a new reality which some people cannot accept because of being so stubborn. Big mess made Kubiak who started to shine in club and kicked off Kurek from starting six what hurt Kurek's pride from past. We know that even if Kurek could stay for WCH so he will be only for bench. Do you want to see suffering Kurek mentally on the bench? He could get a Chance to play when Kubiak or Winiar may get injury. Everybody keep talking and talking about whole NT but the stable starting six is the best way to win something big. Mika or Buszek are young, not destroyed by fame and money, they will accept every role in team, but Kurek? Maybe he couldn't accept his role as bench player that everybody will see him and it's a shame for him?

• I guess that now Kurek together with Bartman can start a club. Not necessarily Antiga's fans. Zibi decided to share his opinion about this - not exagerrating at all - controversial coach's cut. And knowing the fact how many haters Bartman has, this time people in large numbers kinda stand behind him.

Hell know how much time whole this case will be my poison. Can't completely focus on any other thing.

• Let's see how it will work on WCH, it can be a failure, but noone will complain if Poland gets a medal. But IMHO we don't have a big chance for Top 3 - there's a plenty of teams which can beat us, even though we defeated Russians yesterday :wavy:

we have Argentina and Serbia in Pool and later we'll meet with 4 from USA, Italy, Iran, France and Belgium :S it'll be a challenge to go to 3rd Round...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I guess that now Kurek together with Bartman can start a club. Not necessarily Antiga's fans. Zibi decided to share his opinion about this - not exagerrating at all - controversial coach's cut. And knowing the fact how many haters Bartman has, this time people in large numbers kinda stand behind him.

Hell know how much time whole this case will be my poison. Can't completely focus on any other thing.

To addition, Bartman again changed his position to OH in Jastrzębie, this guy totally doesn't know why he is volleyball player I think. :white:

• I'm not saying my faith in this team fell down, still love them all, no matter in what squad they are. The thing is I partially lost my trust in Antiga. Not saying he already lost WCh, like half of Poland already did say, because we never know what will happen. No one believed in us in 2009, right? But I feel like Stefan got lost somewhere, his statements are chaotic and all thing looks like science-fiction to me. Surprisingly, the atmosphere in team looked good during Memorial, at least guys looked like feel good with each other. And they claim it's good, even though Drzyzga says he has enough of Mr Everywhere Ignaczak, which is more like a joke :D I believe they can be a TEAM and I believe they can go far in coming tournament. To say positives, some things look better indeed. Starting from feeling and playing great Winiarski, our reception as a whole - ok, not saying about Mika buying serves on out, but it can be fixed too ;) Kubiak seems to not lose the fire he got before injury. Our defense works much better than I remember it from last season. I think I'm switching on positive thinking again :D

One thing wonders me. Or even disturbs me. Somehow, the distance between me and the team is growing bigger. It started somewhere between WL and ECh last season. Can't explain it, but I feel kinda outside. Like I was watching through the fog. Maybe some decisions I couldn't cope with made that happen, maybe some bad moments, painful defeats... Don't know.

• I'm not saying my faith in this team fell down, still love them all, no matter in what squad they are. The thing is I partially lost my trust in Antiga. Not saying he already lost WCh, like half of Poland already did say, because we never know what will happen. No one believed in us in 2009, right? But I feel like Stefan got lost somewhere, his statements are chaotic and all thing looks like science-fiction to me. Surprisingly, the atmosphere in team looked good during Memorial, at least guys looked like feel good with each other. And they claim it's good, even though Drzyzga says he has enough of Mr Everywhere Ignaczak, which is more like a joke :D I believe they can be a TEAM and I believe they can go far in coming tournament. To say positives, some things look better indeed. Starting from feeling and playing great Winiarski, our reception as a whole - ok, not saying about Mika buying serves on out, but it can be fixed too ;) Kubiak seems to not lose the fire he got before injury. Our defense works much better than I remember it from last season. I think I'm switching on positive thinking again :D

One thing wonders me. Or even disturbs me. Somehow, the distance between me and the team is growing bigger. It started somewhere between WL and ECh last season. Can't explain it, but I feel kinda outside. Like I was watching through the fog. Maybe some decisions I couldn't cope with made that happen, maybe some bad moments, painful defeats... Don't know.

Do you think that Kubiak will be with Winiar in starting six for opening match against Serbia in WCH or not?

• One thing wonders me. Or even disturbs me. Somehow, the distance between me and the team is growing bigger. It started somewhere between WL and ECh last season. Can't explain it, but I feel kinda outside. Like I was watching through the fog. Maybe some decisions I couldn't cope with made that happen, maybe some bad moments, painful defeats... Don't know.

Pretty much what I said in HJW's Memorial thread two days ago :) I've also said that I feel kinda detached from THIS team, but I, on the other hand, don't find it disturbing at all. I know the reason behind it. It's not like it happened overnight, it's been a process. Things were already getting out of hand at the end of last season, now it's just awkward.

I really don't want to judge Antinga & Blain. They haven't really gotten a real chance to prove themselves, since WL was not something compulsory. The real test is just around the corner and I really don't want them to fail. But if they do, I won't blame them for that, not completely. I'll blame Przedpełski for the most part, for being such a moron and a complete ignorant.

• I really don't want to judge Antinga & Blain. They haven't really gotten a real chance to prove themselves, since WL was not something compulsory. The real test is just around the corner and I really don't want them to fail. But if they do, I won't blame them for that, not completely. I'll blame Przedpełski for the most part, for being such a moron and a complete ignorant.

Totally agree :thumbsup: :drink: our Mr Solaris lost contact with reality and situation in Women's volley becuase of him is even worse ;( :mad: :call:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kurkofans, sad truth against you. Our journalist who is very close to national team wrote article where Anastasi told him he had also problems with Kurek in last time when he was our coach and it seems he understand Antiga's decision.

There is also article with results of last 2 years Kurek's results compared to Mika and Buszek stats. Are you really ready for that pain?
    I will translate it by gogle translate only, I think you will understand anyway.
    Link -> http://www.sport.pl/siatkowka/1,106368,16505370.html

"Anyway, do not let us live myths. In 2012, Poland won the World League, and the won the tournament MVP, but is at his best time he could put himself in a row with players such as Matthew Anderson, Matej Kazijski or Wilfredo Leon, to who he is compared?

The winning 3 0 of the USA finals of that "world league" finished 11 of 25 attacks (44 per cent. Effectiveness), in the semifinals of Bulgaria (also 3: 0) on the points turned 10 of 22 balls (45 percent.), And the match with Cuba (also 3: 0) played the embarrassing, 29-percent efficacy (7/24). Really good game throughout the Final Six played only against Brazil (3: 2), when he finished 22 of 41 attacks (54 percent.).

At a similar level Kurek played later in the first match for the Polish Olympic Games in London. The winning 3 1 meeting Italians finished 54 percent. attacks (13/24), served up three aces (five licks broke), was perfect until 15 receptions with only one error. But when the team is stuck, tap beat his head against a brick wall. In the final group match, which could and should give the white and red first place, failed.Against Australia (1: 3) used only 13 of the 32 attacks (40 percent.), Not served to any ace, and broke six licks, the adoption did not help. He had three receptions perfect until 24 Christopher Ignaczak, 17 Winiarski and eight Kubiak. Equally bad it was against Russia (0: 3) - 8/21 attack (38 percent.), Four broken serve, not a single ace and little usefulness in the adoption and defense.
    Someone will say that the Kurek is an attack that like no one else in our squad so he can disprove. high ball. First - for a long time is not effective. In 2012, 2013 and 2014. Kurek appeared in 43 matches and only twice attacked with efficacy above 60 percent! In both cases, he did it by playing against Argentina - to win 3 0 game at Olympics in London finished 15 of 24 (62.5 percent.) In last year's World League in winning 3 2 meeting in Bydgoszcz - as many as 22 of 31 balls (outstanding 71 per cent.). See Today Mika and the results achieved recently. The first in the June match in Italy in Lodz (3: 1, 20/29 attack - 69 percent.), The second in May Marindze with Brazil (3: 0, 15/23 - 65 percent.) And July in Gdansk with Iran (3: 0, 12/19 - 63 percent.).

The fact that these two are (Mika and Buszek) not jumping as tap like Kurek and not hit the ball so hard, it may be important for the fans. The role of the coach is to choose not the one who plays spectacularly, only the person who is doing it effectively.
    Question is: Was Kurek really a leader when we see his results after matches in last years how he really help NT?

(Sorry guys I haven't much time to translate it all).

Another: http://www.polsatsport.pl/siat…i-wroga.html#.U_W-jnfwFLM

- After losing the Olympic training camp came another Kurek - complained to us Anastasi
    - Kurek was rude and didn't want to do what Antiga wanted.
    Use gogle translate (foreigners) to read this all, you will all understand.

Two coaches complaining about Kurek. Why Anastasi supporting Antiga? Hehe, oh Kurkofans.

Licks-in gogle translate read as "serves".

• In addition to what DarkHorse has already mentioned, I read an aritcle by Jerzy Mielewski where he shared some backstage information.

For one, the fact that Bartek didn't like the idea of competing with other guys for a place in the roster and he had a tough time dealing with losing the competition against less experienced players.
    Apparently he even told Antiga that he "will never play for him again".

Mielewski also mentions that our previous coach had some difficulties with Bartek. According to our coach, after failing at the Olympics Kurek seemed very different. Andrea was emphasising the fact that he still considered him to be the leader of the team, but as far as mental aspects are concerned, he had changed a lot, not in a positive way.

• By the way, I really don't like the fact that there is some sort of a witch hunt against Kurek. I may not be a fan, but that doesn't change the way I look at this situation. It's just not fair.
    Ok, the guy has purportedly some attitude issues, which is not cool (if that's really the case), and if he really deserved to get kicked out of the squad, then fine, I'm not gonna whine. But what bugs me is the way people suddenly turned their back on him. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we're talking about Polish mentality after all (which is sick). One day you're at the top, and then another you're a complete zero. This seems to be the case with Kurek. Now they're making a total scapegoat out of him. Bringing up some old ish and stiring up drama is not classy and it will never be.

Another enfant terrible of Polish volleyball, really? :gone:

• By the way, I really don't like the fact that there is some sort of a witch hunt against Kurek. I may not be a fan, but that doesn't change the way I look at this situation. It's just not fair.
    Ok, the guy has purportedly some attitude issues, which is not cool (if that's really the case), and if he really deserved to get kicked out of the squad, then fine, I'm not gonna whine. But what bugs me is the way people suddenly turned their back on him. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we're talking about Polish mentality after all (which is sick). One day you're at the top, and then another you're a complete zero. This seems to be the case with Kurek. Now they're making a total scapegoat out of him. Bringing up some old ish and stiring up drama is not classy and it will never be.

Another enfant terrible of Polish volleyball, really? :gone:

Some people like you can't understand this sad stats about him as you see, he is not leader for 3 years for NT and this cut is not scandal. He lost sport rivalisation, he didn't agree to be bench player. He was promising player but he lost himself. Btw, he is not like Anderson for USA, Sokolov for Bulgaria or Zaystev for Italy, sorry dear. That's why we have similar or better results without him.

• Some people like you can't understand this sad stats about him as you see, he is not leader for 3 years for NT and this cut is not scandal. He lost sport rivalisation, he didn't agree to be bench player. He was promising player but he lost himself. Btw, he is not like Anderson for USA, Sokolov for Bulgaria or Zaystev for Italy, sorry dear. That's why we have similar or better results without him.

No, I actually understand it. It's not the sports results that are hard for me to acknowledge, but the attitude towards him. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want people to cringe before his majesty Kurek and pet him like a little baby, but I wish they could stop bashing him all the time and just move on, focus on what's ahead of us. What's done is done.

• You both need Boyfriends :lol:

What is your problem? We're talking, expressing opinions, that's what forums are for :whistle:

btw, I don't need a boyfriend, since I already have one :P

• No, I actually understand it. It's not the sports results that are hard for me to acknowledge, but the attitude towards him. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want people to cringe before his majesty Kurek and pet him like a little baby, but I wish they could stop bashing him all the time and just move on, focus on what's ahead of us. What's done is done.

Our federation chosed new coach to solve problem why we lost everything in 2013 with Olympics. Antiga started to treat every player the same, everybody had new card. Kurek must work harder because he is destroying his career. In 2011 or at begining 2012 when somebody could tell me Kurek out of NT because being too weak and there are better players, you kidding? I think nowdays situation with Kurek started when he was getting worse and played only because he had famous surname and all results went to nowhere. He was rude because we and Anastasi spoiled him that however he play he must be in NT. It's a pusnishment for him. And I really don't believe in his get better in upcoming season in club where Kovar and Parodi are better than him more regular and Italian coaches prefer let play their local players. This is why his situation is worse than some people can even realized.