2014 / 2015 Transfer News

• Matt's news hit me pretty hard. :| I hope the guy gets the rest he needs and manages to overcome his depression and whatever else he's feeling. It sucks that he has to step away from volleyball.

• Matt's news hit me pretty hard. :| I hope the guy gets the rest he needs and manages to overcome his depression and whatever else he's feeling. It sucks that he has to step away from volleyball.

This is not the first time we mention depression and Anderson in same sentence. Decision to suspend career due family is noble, he showed money isnt worth of that. Hats off Matt :obey: sad we wont see him this season but health comes first.

• Poor guy :( The words he officially published really hit my heart. I hope volleyball world will have another message written in large font: VOLEYBALL PLAYERS ARE NOT ROBOTS. Unfortunately the schedule, both considering leagues and international competitions are sick and there's no place for weaker units. A bit like "the law of the jungle". That's why there are so many injuries and stuff. I hope Matt will find peace and come back stronger 'cause it's big loss for whole volleyball world.

• Denis Kaliberda probably won't play in the season because of injuries.

Jastrzębski Węgiel is looking replacement.

• Peter Veres (HUN, outside) maybe changes from going to Qatar and going to Powervolley Milano(ITA)

• Well, the statement on the official site of Jastrzebski Wegiel is more optimistic:

After medical examination of our outside-hitter, Denys Kaliberda, doctor decided to use a growth factor therapy to speed recovery after injury, which he suffered during a game with BBTS Bielsko-Biala. This means that the treatment extend for another two weeks. We are hopeful that everything is correct and Denys soon will be back to full strength, and thus the game.

And now these two weeks sound really amazing. Considering previous news.

• So they are basically giving him doping.

• Garrett Muagututia (USA,OH) joined Normal University Fujian that had Dallas Soonias (CAN) and Mikko Oivanen (FIN) in the last season.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• a little about foreign players in Iranian league

Andreas Fragkos (Greece) ==> Matin Varamin
    Jordi Gens (Spain) ==> Mizan
    Federico Pereyra (Argentina) ==> Mizan
    Kasper Vuorinen (Finland) ==> Javaheri Gonbad
    Nico Freriks (Netherlands) ==> Paykan
    Nikolay Nikolov (Bulgaria) ==> Urmia
    Teodor Valchev (Bulgaria) ==> Ta'avon Gonbad
    Joao Ricardo Silva de Freitas (Brazil) ==> Ta'avon Gonbad
    Konstantin Mitev (Bulgaria) ==> Saipa

• Has Todor Valchev signed officially? I know he had try-outs, but nothing further was announced in the media. Is he going to stay?

• Has Todor Valchev signed officially? I know he had try-outs, but nothing further was announced in the media. Is he going to stay?

I can't confirm it 100% but yes almost. this is a new club/team (coming out of nowhere), they don't have an official website yet for confirmed news. this is what I read in an interview with their coach. I think you can consider it almost official. since the league will start in few days.

• I can't confirm it 100% but yes almost. this is a new club/team (coming out of nowhere), they don't have an official website yet for confirmed news. this is what I read in an interview with their coach. I think you can consider it almost official. since the league will start in few days.

OK, thank you very much!

• Maurício Borges (OH) has signed with SESI-SP after being released from Fakel Novy Urengoy. source

...lol

Why was he released? No good enough? Could be good for Sesi - I think he plays well at home only. But who will he replace in sesi? what about when /Murillo comes back?

• Why was he released? No good enough? Could be good for Sesi - I think he plays well at home only. But who will he replace in sesi? what about when /Murillo comes back?

I think Fakel let all their foreigners ago a while ago, not sure why. Maurício will replace Douglas, who's already replacing Murilo. Maurício won't fix SESI's main problem though, which is reception, and that's why this hiring isn't exactly all that good for the team. They don't gain much in spiking power too imo, Douglas is doing well - in a similar level to Lucarelli at least.

• I think Fakel let all their foreigners ago a while ago, not sure why.

Financial problems. They've closed down the women's team and the men's one was having difficulties with their budget too.

• Financial problems. They've closed down the women's team and the men's one was having difficulties with their budget too.

And still they are doing a wonderful job so far because the youngsters they have are some of the best in Russia. If I am not mistaken, their Junior team is the current Russian champion.