Turkish NT 2014

• 22 players for Worlds League:

Setters: Hüseyin Koç - Arslan Ekşi - Caner Çiçekoğlu - Murat Yenipazar - Yiğit Gülmezoğlu
    Opposites: Burutay Subaşı (also OH) - Ufuk Minici - Metin Toy - Canın Ogbai Enaboifo
    OHs: Tomi Coskoviç - Turgay Doğan - Faik Yaz - Baturalp Burak Güngör
    MBs: Kemal Kayhan - Cüneyt Dağcı - Emre Batur - Emin Gök - Mustafa Koç - Faik Samet Güneş
    Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak - Murat Karakaya - Mert Burak

There are many serious changes in the roster:

Both Ulaş Kıyak and Selçuk Keskin, who have been 2 setters for a long time in NT are out of the roster. :what: Hüseyin Koç is 35 years old it has been 9 years from the last time he has played for NT. Arslan Ekşi is a good setter but he is really a headcase :wall: I don't know why Caner Çiçekoğlu is there, there is nothing special about him. Murat Yenipazar and Yiğit Gülmezoğlu are the most promising players in the roster. I hope these two would make it to final 12.

Serhat Coşkun had a terrible season so it is understandable to leave him out of roster. However, except him, we don't have many other options. Burutay is Opp originated player but he has already played as OH in NT. Ufuk Minici was promising player but he had played in a second division team last year so no idea about his current shape. Metin Toy had some good matches last year with junior NT however he is a very unstable players for an Opp. Cansın is the only Opp player who had played regularly during the season although his club has relegated. He is also promising player but with 193 height he won't be a leading Opp on top level in the long run. :whistle:

Very interesting choices for OH position. First of all, why only 4 OHs for a 22-players squad :white: I hope coach is not planning to use Emre Batur and Burutay Subaşı as OHs again :aww: It will be the first time Tomi will play as a naturalized player for our NT. He is a great player but it is a very late time to naturalize him (35 years old) I would try to naturalized Macedonian Opp Nikola Giorgiev (26 years old) since he has also been playing in Turkish league for 3-4 years. :whistle: Both Turgay Doğan and Faik Yaz are 30 years old players. Especially Turgay is not on the international level whereas Faik had surprisingly good season in a rather weak club. Last OH, Baturalp Burak Güngör is very good player but he has no chance to play on international level with only 189 height :S

MB position is our best one conversely to our female NT :rolleyes: Emre Batur might be our best player in whole roster. Cüneyt Dağcı was second best blocker in our league. Faik Samet Güneş and Mustafa Koç are great blockers inspite of their ages. Em,n Gök and Kemal Kayhan had good season with FB. On the other, I wonder why best blocker of the league, Erhan Dünge and Resul Tekeli who had a good season with Halkbank are missing. :down:

Lastly, nothing special with liberos. Hasan is more than average libero, yet other two are mediocre ones. Best libero of last CL Final Four, Nuri Şahin's absence is surprising :huh:

• Serdar-Thank you for your good work.
    That is a terrible roster but sadly it is not because of coaching choices, it is because Turkey doesn't have enough talented players.
    Naturalizing 35 years old player is one of the ideas only Turkish federation can think. :wall:
    I don't think you can create a positive team spirit with players like Arslan Eksi :thumbdown: and Burutay.

• Serdar-Thank you for your good work.
    That is a terrible roster but sadly it is not because of coaching choices, it is because Turkey doesn't have enough talented players.
    Naturalizing 35 years old player is one of the ideas only Turkish federation can think. :wall:
    I don't think you can create a positive team spirit with players like Arslan Eksi :thumbdown: and Burutay.

Do you have any idea about this sudden setter change ?( Is it due to coaching choice of by players? You are right that we don't have any high level players (Except Emre Batur) However we had already a successful generation 93-94 and also some talented players are coming from 95-96 generations. Especially I have high expectations on Yiğit Gülmezoğlu. If I were in coach's shoes, I would invest only players from these generations with Emre Batur and try to develop a team for next olympic cycle :whistle: We have pretty strong league for a few years but since almost all clubs use their foreigner slots for Opps or OHs, we don't have any good players on that positions.I hope none of these veterans would reach to final cut :aww:

• Setters- Selcuk isn't better than Hüseyin or Arslan so they prefer to choose setter of champions team. I don't know much about Ulaş's case but he even couldn't find a team in the first half. :roll: . Caner :lol: I don't want to say more. Suprisingly there are some negative opinions about Yiğit. Sure he isn't ready but I also have high expectations on him.
    OHs-Extremely weak. They will use Burutay as an OH but considering his ordinary season , he also won't be an answer for this position. Baturalp Burak is one of my favourite players but you're right, he is too short :roll:
    Of course , it will be an veteran team . What do you expect from this federation?

• Gjorgiev is playing regulary for Macedonia so no way to naturalize him. I'm sure Batur or Subasi will play as OH, at least one of them. Good to see Ćošković in, he accepted Turkish citizenship a long time ago but didn't get chance to play for NT. All in all this roster looks very "thin" but Turks shouldnt not be underestimated