Brazil NT 2015

• Banco do Brasil will maintain their sponsorship deal with Brazilian volleyball and the confederation. Apparently the deal was made with a few requirements from BB (obviously directed to all the corruption accusations), but I'm not 100% sure what they are. There's a news piece in English in WoV with some further info on it: http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…ent-no-more-protests.html

Since everyone's already doing lists of who they want to see in the NTs these days, I might work on one soon too. :D

• Bernardinho will announce the NT roster for this season on Monday (04/13). I expect him to call the same players from the WCH because everyone knows how stubborn he is when it comes to picking players for the NT, but there are some people I'd like to see invited this year, mostly new/underused/returnees:

S: William (Sada Cruzeiro), Evandro (Vôlei Canoas)
    OPP: Luan Weber (Ziober Maringá), PV (Sada Cruzeiro), Rafael Araújo (SESI-SP)
    OH: Dante Amaral (Funvic/Taubaté), Bruno Canuto (Minas Tênis Clube), Samuel (Minas Tênis Clube), Vinícius dos Santos (Revivre Milano)
    MBs: Riad (SESI-SP), Pedrão (Montes Claros), Isac (Sada Cruzeiro), Otávio (Minas Tênis Clube)
    L: Tiago Brendle (Ziober Maringá), Lucianinho (Minas Tênis Clube)

Bernardinho should start taking young setters to some tournaments since all of Bruno's backups are already quite old (Raphael, William, Marcelinho). We have quite a few young and talented OPPs that could be tried, as well as MBs. OH and L positions are the most worrisome - Dante should definitely return and Canuto has be considered. Samuel was playing relatively well for Minas after strugglinhg with injuries for years, while Vinicíus seemed to do constantly well for Milano in Serie A1. As for liberos, Tiago Brendle is a great digger, while Lucianinho overall has good back row. I'm not sure how well Lukinha (Hypo Tirol Innsbruck) is doing in Austria, so I can't say much about him.

to be honest, I shouldn't even care, we'll end up with Maurício, Éder, Vissotto and Théo again anyway :gone:

• Formal event with the announcement of this year's roster is currently underway. I'll keep updating this thread with more. There's live coverage on CBV's twitter account (in Portuguese).

1) Since the NT was cut off from the World Cup, Brazil will play a series of friendly games in August and September in France and USA (possibly against these two NTs, I assume).

2) There will be two international tournaments to be held in Brazil in late September. Participants and locations are TBA.

3) Nery Tambeiro, Minas Tênis Clube's coach, has been invited to work with the NT! :obey:

World League roster:

S: Bruno Rezende (Parmareggio Modena), William Arjona (Sada Cruzeiro), Raphael Vieira (Funvic/Taubaté), Murilo Radke (Budva Budvanska Rivijera), Fernando Kreling (Sada Cruzeiro)
    OPP: Wallace Souza (Sada Cruzeiro), Leandro Vissotto (JT Thunders), Evandro Guerra (Suntory Sunbirds), Renan Buiatti (CMC Ravenna)
    OH: Murilo Endres (SESI-SP), Ricardo Lucarelli (SESI-SP), Maurício Borges (SESI-SP), Lucas Lóh (ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle), Samuel Fuchs (Minas Tênis Clube), Felipe Fonteles (Funvic/Taubaté)
    MB: RIAD RIBEIRO (SESI-SP :cheesy:), Lucas Saatkamp (SESI-SP), Maurício Souza (Funvic/Taubaté), Éder Carbonera (Sada Cruzeiro), Isac Viana (Sada Cruzeiro), Sidão (Funvic/Taubaté)
    L: Felipe Lourenço (Funvic/Taubaté), Mário Jr. (Copra Piacenza), SERGINHO (SESI-SP :cheesy:), Tiago Brendle (Ziober Maringá)

Other than Riad, Samuel, Brendle, Cachopa and Serginho, the disappointment is real. I don't know what I expected. :gone: More importantly, WHERE'S DANTE?

I knew we'd get stuck with Mário freaking Júnior, Maurício Borges, Maurício Souza and Vissotto again. :aww:

• Where are the new guys? Bruno Canuto? Otávio?
    Both Maurício are horrible...also Renan and Murilo Radke are not NT material, in my opinion...
    I don't like this list either.

• Canuto not being called is ridiculous. Dude's been the best receiver in the league for two straight years. What the hell?

There are so many younger guys I'd like to see included in the NT and Bernardo always calls some old guys who simply cannot perform that well with the NT anymore. Otávio (MB), Luan (OPP), Rafael (OPP), Pedrão (MB), Tiago Barth (MB), Evandro (S), Japa (OH), PV (OPP) and Sérgio Félix (OH) all have so much potential, plus good and consistent performances in the league to back it up. :S

• ^ I hope so. But it doesn't really matter, I guess, unless other players can join for the friendly tournaments in September.

EDIT: Seeing the announcement in video now, I don't think he'll call anyone else. Bernardinho will use smaller players like Maurício and Lucas Loh, for example, in the Pan American Championship.

• and even if others could join later, some should go to the WL instead of a bunch of bad players Bernardo insists on calling.

• Brazil must have a top libero! I have not been impressed with that position recently.

• What is Radke doing there :rolll: this guy was horrible in Budvanska rivijera, getting subbed almost every match. Not to mention they were largely disappointed with him. Same goes for Loh, ZAKSA was quite poor this season, tons of injuries so I'm sure he would be bench player if things were normal. Buiatti also average player IMO, showed nothing in most of matches this season.

• joanamss was right! There will be more players training in Saquarema with those 25 announced for the WL, possibly aiming for a spot in the PAC.

They are: Bruno Canuto (OH), Flávio (MB), Otávio (MB), João Rafael (OH), Pedrão (MB, 19 yo), Tiago Barth (MB), Alan Souza (OPP, 19 yo), Douglas Souza (OH, 19 yo), Rafael Araújo (OPP).

Now this makes a lot more sense. Pretty much most players that I and most people wanted to see in the NT this year. Too bad none of them will be able to be tried out in WL, but at least it's something!

Here are some of them (all the ones that are already training in Saquarema), courtesy of Canuto's instagram:

• Seems like Samuel Fuchs (OH) rejected the invitation to join the NT claiming he's still not in the best shape to be with the team. He's just now managed to start playing again and he feels like back-to-back competitions would not be beneficial for his shoulder and recovery. It's a good decision from him, imo. He hasn't even played a full season since coming back yet.

Anyway, there's a chance Filipe Ferraz (OH) from Sada Cruzeiro will be called in his place (Samuel wished him congratulations on an Instagram post, but it was rather vague). That'd make a lot of people happy.

• Some minor news: Brazil will play without Bruno (S) next weekend against Serbia. Reason is he just arrived to the training camp after Italian league, so he's gonna rest for a little longer. The team will play with Raphael and William only, so it should be even more interesting to watch. :D

ETA: Raphael will be the team's captain during Bruninho's absence. :D

• Brazil will play three friendlies against Argentina in July in order to prepare for the PAC. they're finally playing in my city and I'm beyond excited :cheesy:

I expect the team will consist of the younger guys + some experienced ones not playing in WL. We'll probably see something like this:

S: Murilo Radke, Fernando Kreling, Thiaguinho
    OPP: Renan Buiatti, Rafael Araújo, Alan Souza
    MBs: Sidão (?), Tiago Barth, Pedrão, Flávio, Otávio
    OHs: Maurício Souza, Douglas Souza, Bruno Canuto, João Rafael
    L: Mário Jr. (?)

• Question: some months ago I had read somewhere that Leal would have join Selecao in the future. There are some news about? A great player like him deserves to play in the best international competitions.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Question: some months ago I had read somewhere that Leal would have join Selecao in the future. There are some news about? A great player like him deserves to play in the best international competitions.

He won't play for Brazil

The way this NT seems to work, I doubt it.

• Thank you for the answers

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Roster for the upcoming PAC:

S: Thiaguinho, Murilo Radke
    OPP: Renan Buiatti, Rafael Araújo
    OH: Maurício Borges, Kadu, João Rafael, Douglas Souza
    MB: Maurício Souza, Flávio, Otávio
    L: Tiago Brendle

No Bruno Canuto. :wall:Fairly young and unexperienced team though except for a few names, which is nice to see.