2015 / 2016 Transfer News

• Dylan Davis (MB, USA, 24 years, 203 cm) from Volley Latina to VSG Coburg/Grub

• Bulgarian outside hittter Aleksandar Simeonov (1.98 m, 29 years) joins Panathinaikos Athens.

• Although at the end of July it looked like Piacenza signed with Veres, now the club has kind of cut him (or maybe never signed with him) and they're looking for another OH. It could be Ogurcak.

• Any news about Teodor Salparov? Is he free agent by now?

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• VfB Friedrichshafen is close to signing the young romanian OH Adrian Aciobanitei (18 years). He is already training with the team, but the deal is not fix yet.
    http://www.schwaebische.de/spo…id,10294204_toid,310.html

At the moment, VfB only has Baptiste Geiler for OH position. Are there still any good OHs on the market who could suit VfBs team? Compared to Berlin, their roster doesn't look very impressive so far, so they should better make a good transfer for OH....

• Any news about Teodor Salparov? Is he free agent by now?

I am not 100% sure. The last information I had was that he is still under contract with Zenit and might play Champions League only, like last year. But I don't know if it is true.

• VfB Friedrichshafen [...]
    At the moment, VfB only has Baptiste Geiler for OH position. Are there still any good OHs on the market who could suit VfBs team? Compared to Berlin, their roster doesn't look very impressive so far, so they should better make a good transfer for OH....

Rumors say that they are in contact with Björn Andrae, who does not want to return to Russia.
    Funny thing is that Andrae is a Berlin native.

• Some news from Hellenic Volleyleague :

American OH Cody Caldwell (2.01 m, 22 years) joins Foinikas Syros.

PAOK Thessaloniki signed with American OH Scott Hartley (1.97 m, 23 years).

Both players played in NCAA last year. Cody Caldwell was NCAA champion with Loyola University Chicago.

With the signing of Scott Hartley, PAOK's roster is now complete.

Setters: Vasilis Kournetas, Thanasis Terzis

Opposites: Rolando Cepeda Abreu (CUB), Alexandros Sampanis

Outside Hitters: Javier Jimenez Scull (CUB), Scott Hartley (USA), Dimitris Efraimidis, Dimosthenis Makrakis

Middle Blockers: Krasimir Georgiev (BUL), Giannis Pantakidis, Thanasis Ntinas

Liberos: Dimitris Gkaras, Vasilis Karasavvidis

Coach: Nikolay Jeliazkov (BUL)

• I am not 100% sure. The last information I had was that he is still under contract with Zenit and might play Champions League only, like last year. But I don't know if it is true.

Thanks for the answer, I hope he's going to leave a team like Zenit which bind him to play only in CL. A great libero like him deserves to play all matches

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Thanks for the answer, I hope he's going to leave a team like Zenit which bind him to play only in CL. A great libero like him deserves to play all matches

Actually, I wouldn't mind him playing another season in Zenit. It's a world-class team, he doesn't get to travel that much in the league and play some already decided games, e.g. versus Prikamie, Dinamo Krasnodar, Samotlor, Ural, etc. True, one loses focus by playing only in the middle of the week, so it is not great in the long run. However, Salparov was great in the Champions League, especially at the finals in Berlin, whereas he has been nothing else but disappointing with the NT so far this summer. He is not that young anymore, I want him more determined (and maybe even fresh) when he plays for Bulgaria. Still, I don't know if he stays in Kazan another year. Champions League was his main priority in recent years and now that he has achieved it I don't know what his next plans include, apart from hopefully getting one more medal somewhere somehow with the NT.

• Actually, I wouldn't mind him playing another season in Zenit. It's a world-class team, he doesn't get to travel that much in the league and play some already decided games, e.g. versus Prikamie, Dinamo Krasnodar, Samotlor, Ural, etc. True, one loses focus by playing only in the middle of the week, so it is not great in the long run. However, Salparov was great in the Champions League, especially at the finals in Berlin, whereas he has been nothing else but disappointing with the NT so far this summer. He is not that young anymore, I want him more determined (and maybe even fresh) when he plays for Bulgaria. Still, I don't know if he stays in Kazan another year. Champions League was his main priority in recent years and now that he has achieved it I don't know what his next plans include, apart from hopefully getting one more medal somewhere somehow with the NT.

33 years aren't that much for a libero (actually I think they are many only for the hitters), by the way I hope he's going to play in a local league, whatever it is