Polish NT 2015

• New NT season is coming, but we started discussion about it in old thread so I created new one :D
    Current news: Wilfredo Leon's case, Bociek won with serious disease (leukemia) and we know roster for new season:

Roster:
    Setters: Fabian Drzyzga, Grzegorz Łomacz, Grzegorz Pająk, Michał Kędzierski
    Opposites: Dawid Konarski, Jakub Jarosz, Bartłomiej Bołądź, Szymon Romać, Grzegorz Bociek, Damian Schulz
    Outside Hitters: Bartosz Kurek, Mateusz Mika, Rafał Buszek, Michał Kubiak, Artur Szalpuk, Aleksander Śliwka, Bartosz Bednorz, Marcin Waliński, Wojciech Zaliński
    Middle Blokcers: Piotr Nowakowski, Marcin Możdżonek, Karol Kłos, Andrzej Wrona, Wojciech Grzyb, Mateusz Bieniek, Grzegorz Kosok
    Liberos: Paweł Zatorski, Damian Wojtaszek, Piotr Gacek

There's no Łukasz Żygadło (S) Zbigniew Bartman (OP/OH), Michał Ruciak (OH) or Łukasz Wiśniewski (MB).
    Mariusz Wlazły (OP), Paweł Zagumny (S), Michał Winiarski (OH) and Krzysztof Ignaczak (L) didn't got calls after their resignations after gold in WCH in Poland.
    Bociek, Schulz, Żaliński and Kosok aren't among 25 players for World League. It's good time to play with younger players there. And I wonder what will be with Kurek, there is an idea to convert him to OP and it may work out ^^
    Bieniek, Szlapuk, Bednorz, Śliwka, Romać or Kędzierski may surprise us positively ^^

World Cup is the most important competition right now, so we will have the best roster there without any doubts. I won't be surprised by roster: Drzyzga, Łomacz, Kurek (as OP), Bociek/Jarosz/Konarski, Mika, Kubiak, Buszek, Szalpuk/Śliwka/Bednorz, Nowakowski, Możdżonek, Kłos, Wrona, Zatorski, Gacek/Wojtaszek
    Of course somebody can surprise us :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I know I'm such a miss demandingness, always having my two cents to put in, but WHERE IS MICHAŁ FILIP?! Him and Śliwka are bloody brilliant! Luckily Śliwka is in.

• I'd like to give Lemanski a chance as well. He did seem amateur in the league but this guy could be an ace if coached in good hands.

• Why do people keep such a disbelief in Kłos? Once Możdżonek was a captain, people were surprised too while he defended himself on this position - actually the role kinda made him better in sports category, as if he wanted to deserve this. Winiarski was perfect 'cause he's both well-liked in the team plus considered as a great player and commonly adored by fans. I think for now no one fits this role as well as him. If we look for a person who is respected, admired, diplomatic and with a strong personality.
    Nowakowski is the last person I would ever expect as a captain, this guy is so anemic that I would be afraid of infect all the team with this lack of any emotional reaction. And he looks as if he didn't say a single word all of his life. Kubiak, on the other hand, is way too explosive. No doubt he has strong character and can pull together the whole team but for sure can't talk with referees in polite way while it comes to controversial points and decisions.

I think that Kłos is an optimal choice. Guy is not the first one to argue but can also fight for his own if it's necessary. Emotional, expressive and while everyone keep saying: "he's experienced? right, after one year playing because earlier he was only a tourist" - I'll say: "hey, one year was enough to get a major promotion in the category of luggage of experiences". Huge step for a still young player who has full of patience to finally get such chance and make full use of this opportunity. Because, you see, that "tourist" became first choice on MB position and to add was chosen to the dream team on WCH. That's a huge thing. And maybe he is not the most popular in fans' eyes but trust me, with a really strong position in the team with a support of his teammates.

If you ask me, if not all the bad things happened last year, bad reactions, bad attitude around the person of Kurek, I would consider him as the best option because there is no one stronger than him in terms of character and individuality in current team as it looks like. But for now Kurek's main task is to rebuild his position in the team at all, rebuild agreement with a coach and all need some time to make sure that "that naughty" Kurek won't come back as he learned from his own mistakes and grew up. I believe he did, actually. And I'm really curious how his presence in the team will look like.

What's the point? I have faith in Antiga. He proved that we can not fully agree with his choices but in the end it turns out he is right. We are not coaches. He is.

PS. And to not sound severely - I totally understand this astonishment, actually it's like a thunderstorm in polish media after Antiga chose Kłos. So I'm not attacking anyone right now, maybe sounded a bit like, just tried to give some arguments. We're only talking, right? ;)

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• It's 100% sure we will see Leon in Polish NT. There is published interview with president of Polish federation Paweł Papke and he said his decision is just positive.

On the other hand there is something said from Andrzej Wrona, that Leon shouldn't play, well who cares what you think. If you so much worry about that, leave us. As some user said on Polish forum, 1 Leon = 10 Wronas. :lol: Leon is ours. 8)

• It's 100% sure we will see Leon in Polish NT. There is published interview with president of Polish federation Paweł Papke and he said his decision is just positive.

On the other hand there is something said from Andrzej Wrona, that Leon shouldn't play, well who cares what you think. If you so much worry about that, leave us. As some user said on Polish forum, 1 Leon = 10 Wronas. :lol: Leon is ours. 8)

Hmmm. Although I hoped to see cubans in cuba again, but it is good news that we can see him play again in national tournaments. Will this happen in the Rio Olympics?

• In many interviews and news was info that he will not be allowed to play in Polish NT at the nearest Olympic Games. But as far as I remember FIVB can cut grace period only in one case - if player wants to play at Olympic Games. Our federation has to cooperate in this case very hard with FIVB if we would like to see Lean at OG in Rio.

• haha I would like to see Leon in our NT, even if Wrona not agree with this situation :D :D

• for me its great that Leon get Polish citizenship :D

• Wow ... Really interesting interview of Leon.Just some phrases;
    - "I hope I can fight under Polish flag."
    - "I'm so confident about the outcome in Japan( World cup)"
    - "My heart beat faster for Poland"
    - "I indentify myself with White-Red"
    - "I'm working to sing Polish national anthem.But I already know the importance of the whole hymn, so I'm well aware of what I'm singing. I know it by heart" :what:
    He must be already very Polish :P

• He should only be allowed to play for Poland until he can say, flawlessly of course, this:

"W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie, i Szczebrzeszyn z tego słynie, że chrząszcz brzmi tam w Szczebrzeszynie."

8)

• He should only be allowed to play for Poland until he can say, flawlessly of course, this:

"W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie, i Szczebrzeszyn z tego słynie, że chrząszcz brzmi tam w Szczebrzeszynie."

8)

TimHH, not even every second Pole can say that :D

As for Leon, I kind of have enough of interviews with him, in every single contact with journalists he claims how much "polish" he feels :huh: Come to play in Plusliga then...

• We have 15 players for WC, last cut will be OH:

S: Fabian Drzyzga, Grzegorz Łomacz
    OP: Bartosz Kurek, Dawid Konarski
    OH: Mateusz Mika, Michał Kubiak, Rafał Buszek, Artur Szalpuk, Wojciech Włodarczyk
    MB: Karol Kłos, Piotr nowakowski, Marcin Możdżonek, Mateusz Bieniek
    L: Paweł Zatorski, Piotr Gacek

Andrzej Wrona (MB) is out.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game